2012 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to take it over but first i believe RD wouldn't like it as i would change one rule :rolleyes: and second i'm already busy with another one. But shame that nothing going on :sleep: after such a big interest is mentioned here in the forum. Probably the newer sims are in the focus.

Last edited:
I reckon I could take a stab at running this.
I've written down a bunch of stuff but can't start a conversation with Bram.
Is there another staff member that would deal with this?

I'm not staff but would be more than willing to help you get this off the ground if it gets the nod. It could be Race 07's SWANSONG.......... :D sorry.....

I reckon I could take a stab at running this.
I've written down a bunch of stuff but can't start a conversation with Bram.
Is there another staff member that would deal with this?

@Bram Hengeveld

Yo Bram!

I've tried to get your attention through Dennis Phelan, but not having the best of luck.
I can't start a conversation with you, it's "not allowed".

Please convo me so we can discuss this and I can either move forward or move on.

Cheers.

The interest thruought this thread is clear .. let's keep pushing. .. Any chance you could post your proposal here @Namgung Joong-Ki ?? ... or is that forbidden?

Here you go, they were just some ideas I put together.
This is not something I could get involved with now, I've moved on to other creative projects.

RDTCC S9 Notes

The aim is to reflect the WTCC championship quite closely - rather than just have a league with some touring cars in it.

I was thinking of a series with 8 rounds of 2 races; looking around, I feel a lot of RD leagues are too short but I'm also conscious about it being too long.
Each race would be between 50 & 60 km each - as per the real series.
Rounds would occur every two weeks on a Saturday evening at 19:30 GMT.

Only 6 out of 8 rounds will count towards the final score, meaning there would be 2 dropped rounds.
This would give the competitors the flexibility to work around their schedules.

Track wise, I was thinking of selecting 2 classic WTCC tracks - tracks that have appeared in most seasons since the series inception; 3 contemporary WTCC tracks - stuff that has appeared on the calendar in recent seasons; and finally 3 picks that I fancy - probably, but not limited to, tracks that run in other touring car championships; ie. DTM, BTCC etc, to add a bit of variety.

The series will cater for 24 drivers/1 server only.
The 25th slot is reserved for admin and there will be no race broadcast.
I am reluctant to open it up to multiple servers since initial interest with any league is often high in the beginning but numbers inevitably drop with time.
This leaves racers outside the top server/division with the short end of the stick.
Also, I'm taking into consideration the apparent lack of popularity for Race 07 these days.

To combat the limited available slots, each round entry list will be determined via a pre-qually format.
This will occur the weekend before the round, Fri-Sun inclusive.
Live timings will be posted via a widget that automatically updates a PNG with the info from the server log, so everyone can see where they stand as the weekend progresses.
Only laps from people signed up to the championship will be registered from the pre-qually server.
Participants will need to submit their steam ids (privately if required) so we can ensure no abuse of the system.

At the same time as the official event, we would run (if it works with Dennis) a support race in the racing club.
This would be the same format as the official event, except just one race.
The top two finishers in the club race would be invited to participate in the next round of the series.
They don't have to accept and, in those cases, the slots will be filled with pre-qualifiers as you would expect.
Invitational slots will have to be accepted before pre-qually for the next round begins or they're lost.

The format of the event would be:

xx:xx open practice (P1)
19:30 30 mins practice (P2)
20:00 15 mins qually (Q)
20:15 5 mins warm up (W)
20:20 race 1 (R1)
xx:xx race 2 (R2)

The race distances will be randomly calculated once I have established the calendar.

The server will have a long open practice session set up some hours beforehand - just like club events.
I want all participants to be on the server at that start of P2 - ie. at the official start of the event.
It doesn't mean they have to drive but I want everyone there so it feels like an event and not have people slowly trickling in all the way through P2 & Q.
Failure to be on the server at the official start of the event means no points scored.

Points for the race will be as the current WTCC; 25 18 15 12 10 8 6 4 2 1.
There will also be points for qualifying as per the WTCC; 5 4 3 2 1.
WTCC have a Q1 & Q2 with the points going to the guys in Q2 - but obviously we're limited by options on the dedi.

Failure to appear at the event will be instant DQ from the championship.
You can withdraw from a race from the end of pre-qually until 24 hours before.
However, two withdrawls will be DQ from the championship.
I don't want people playing the pre-qually system as a hotlap competition with no intention of proper participation.

There will be absolutely no chat on the server during the Q session or after lights out in R1/R2.
That includes the end of the race.
If people have something to say, they need to wait until we flip over the results screen and the race session is ended.
Not adhering to this will be instant DQ from the championship.

Races will have standing starts.
The real series has a rolling start R1 and standing R2.
Again a limitation of the dedi and possibly the tracks - not all tracks handle a rolling start elegantly.
Races will run under the black flags only rule since running with full rules can lead to problems with blue flags.

Cars for the series are undecided atm.
Right now I'm thinking WTCC 10 since it's not been done - but not sure how many manufacturers/cars are available there.
Intending to buy it, if this get the go ahead - all the Race 07 expansions are very cheap these days so shouldn't really affect participation.
Plus, a recent poll in the Race 07 forum had most people owning all of the touring car expansions.

There will be a skin pack, default skins will be provided for people not wanting to make their own - but will be simple & plain.
Templates will be provided for skins which will include layers for RD logos and default sponsors etc.

A track pack will also be provided for any add-on tracks.

There would also be a teams championship with 2 drivers per team.
Driver points scored by each member of the team are added together for the team total in each round.

There will be no changeable weather for the series, but there's likely to be one fully wet event and possibly one medium wet one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes