2012 Formula One Indian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah was really boring. Why is F1 so lame? Iam a fan of it. But its really lame some most times.
Compared to the WTCC or even the DTM F1 has no chance. Where is the racing gone.
This was one of the lamest race I have seen this season.
Does get rather boring when one car zooms off.....really enjoyed the close racing at the start.

That wheel change was done so smooth, I don't think they pratice those, but if they did it wouldn't be much better than that.
According to Christian Danner (F1 driver in the late 80s) on German television, they actually do.

Edit: Apparently that is correct, but they don't do it often:
Hamilton said after the race that they'd only tried it at the test in Barcelona before, but never in a race (Source).

Does get rather boring when one car zooms off.....really enjoyed the close racing at the start.

The starts are in every season incredible interesting. Even in F1. So thats no excuse.
This season was great if you look at the statistics 7 different winners in the first races.
But well this race. I had to be strong not to fall asleep.

Pirelli have really been taking the conservative route in terms of what compounds they're bringing to the track. I know they got criticized a lot in the first few races, but I liked it because it added more tension to the races. Now they keep bringing the tires that can last 30 laps and one-stop strategies (some only stop because it's a rule).

It's funny because before the season started, they said they had been too conservative in 2011 and they would be more aggressive with the tyre compounds.

So much for that. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the drivers would rather know if their tyres are going to meltdown before it actually happens. Now if they just got rid of the "1 of each" rule, then it would open some strategies.

Pirelli have really been taking the conservative route in terms of what compounds they're bringing to the track. I know they got criticized a lot in the first few races, but I liked it because it added more tension to the races. Now they keep bringing the tires that can last 30 laps and one-stop strategies (some only stop because it's a rule).

So true.

Top Ten Pictures of the Weekend, all rights reserved to their respected owners.

no copyright infringement is intended.

saub-guti-budd-2012-886x590.jpg

lotu-raik-budd-2012-sat-886x590.jpg

merc-rosb-budd-2012-886x590.jpg

ferr-alon-budd-20121-886x589.jpg

forc-rest-budd-2012-590x886.jpg

b-start-budd-2012-8-886x590.jpg

mcla-butt-budd-20123-886x590.jpg

lotu-raik-budd-2012-31-886x590.jpg

maru-pic-indi-2012-886x590.jpg

redb-budd-20121-886x590.jpg

Status