2012 Formula One Indian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Vettel just caught something from the track and got stuck there for a short period.
None the less, phenomenal drive by Vettel. He was fast, consistent and controlled the pace from start to the end. Sad to see that Webber had an issue by the end of the race and that Mclaren found their balance towards the end of the race.
Senna had a fantastic race too, he was driving very smart and managed to get into the top 10 after a bad qualify. :)

I think I now understand why Ferrari said that Perez isn't mature enough to drive for Ferrari. :(

Been racking my brain trying to figure out what could cause such sparking. It was clearly skidblock against tarmac, not something stuck between the plank and tarmac.. I'm thinking more aero, something wasn't working for a while in the right side, where in normal situations the front ride height isn't linear to airspeed.. Now if somethings blocking some aero channel or element in the front wing... Conspiracist in me would say active suspension but that's far fetched.. A bit weird that the problem just went away, could the skidblock detach?

Definitely better than Monaco and Korea. It's a shame Button managed to get back ahead of Alonso on lap 1 after he was already past, because otherwise he might have been able to overtake Webber much sooner and haul in Vettel. Alonso actually might have had the pace to win, he was decreasing the gap to him pretty quickly after he was finally past Webber and also did a faster fastest lap than him.

Yeah, during the 10 final laps Vettel had around the same pace as Alonso, but at the start... he was divine as usual. I'm really starting to think that Vettel might actually take it, though a gearbox failure or a puncture will still give it to Alonso.

At this momment Vettel car is illegal and won't pass technical survey.

In theory they should have to pit to fix it...
They are using a very 99.99% similar exhaust sytem to what they had last year, that is why they been so supreme lately, even though EBD was banned the FIA clearly forgot how to complete ban something. shame really.

So, its official: Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button out of the championship race.

If Red Bull gets both cars on the podium next week, they are the official 2012 WCC champions! Hows that for a stupid drinks company, eh Lewis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%