2012 Formula One Indian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
event_artwork_880.jpg

New Delhi

Formula One racing is forever on the move and in 2011 ventured east yet again for the inaugural Indian Grand Prix. In light of recent F1 successes in Korea and Singapore, India - and more specifically its capital city New Delhi - became the latest Eastern powerhouse to welcome the paddock with open arms. After learning plenty of lessons from hosting the 2010 Commonwealth Games, New Delhi wowed the international sporting stage once more with its first race.

A brand new circuit was built for the Grand Prix, to the south of the city in the suburb of Noida. The track, designed by renowned circuit architect Hermann Tilke, stretches to 5.125-kilometres and seats around 130,000 spectators. Two sizeable straights and an interesting mix of corners guarantee a track full of challenges for drivers and engineers alike.

In an interesting move, organisers also consulted several of the Formula One teams before construction began in earnest. The track design was run in various factory simulators and as a result several amendments were made in an effort to boost overtaking for the drivers - and excitement for the fans.

Four million cubic tons of earth was moved to give the track plenty of undulation, and it rises 14 metres between Turns One and Three alone. Inspiration was also drawn from rival venues' best features, with Turkey's famous Turn Eight inspiring a double-apex corner, slightly banked, which forms part of a 'mini-arena' which alone can accommodate 13,000 spectators.

The earthworks for the circuit were finished ahead of India's 2010 monsoon season and the track was officially opened on October 18, 2011, just under two weeks before its first Grand Prix. It was a huge success, with the event drawing universal praise from teams, drivers and fans, and with numerous pundits instantly declaring it one of the best rounds on the calendar.

For the 2nd Year the The organizers made the Slight Changes to Track
1. Turn 8-9 Kerb has been Extended from 5 to 15 Meters.
2. Kerb Height across the Circuit was also increased by 25mm.
3. AstroTurf Lining was added near turns 2-3 and 7-8 for Safety on Run off.

So.. aside from the poll. What do we think will happen in India?

We don´t really know what the teams will bring to the table but i think it will be pretty even in Qualifying among Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel.
Possiby Vettel having the stronger car at this stage and eaks out a pole position here.

The key like in 2011 is to get by him before T1 so he has to run in dirty air and thus nullify that extra edge of the car.
Alonso might create some magic like he usually does and might find himself leading the race after T2.

I´m going with my boy Hamilton, he needs to catch a break now and a solid win would do just that.
If Vettel and Alonso tangle up he might just be in the battle again but that´s a bit far-fetched.

I would like to see Hamilton have a straight forward race.

He will probably qualify well but if Vettel has any chance of getting near the front, it will be his.

Barring any retirements and not knowing the available tyres:

Quali:
1.Hamilton
2.Vettel
3.Webber

Race:
1.Vettel
2.Webber
3.Alonso

Well According to Martin Brundle Redbull also bringing More updates to India as Ferrari does

So it will be a straight fight between them but I hope Mclaren and Lotus comes to mix for TOP 4 positions fight.
Any of you visiting India GP this year ??

Ferrari will definitely have to bring in major updates if they want any chance of keeping Alonso in the title fight and staying ahead of McLaren in the constructors championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back