2012 Formula One Indian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way McLaren will not have a Mercedes next year. The car is already being built, after all.
As for 2014, it might be possible, but honestly, why would McLaren turn down what will probably be the best engine on the grid, under regulations in which the engine will be much more important than it is now?

Anyway, since this appeared in the Sun, which basically has a target group of people with an IQ of <80, there is no reason to give this any credence.
A source said: “There is no way McLaren will stay as a customer for Mercedes engines.”
Great, "a source". Not a source within the team, or someone else who might have a clue about this, just "a source". This means absolutely nothing. Even my grandmother is "a source". And she thinks Formula 1 is a mathematical expression :O_o:

There is no way McLaren will not have a Mercedes next year. The car is already being built, after all.
As for 2014, it might be possible, but honestly, why would McLaren turn down what will probably be the best engine on the grid, under regulations in which the engine will be much more important than it is now?
Price and reliabillity maybe? At least the Mercedes gearboxes failed serveral times this season not just at Mclaren.
But I doubt it to. I didn't read anywhere that Honda or Porsche is building engines for 2014. It would be quite late (or too late) to start now.
I think they stick with Mercedes for 2014.

Anayway, I just read that (in Germany at least) today a official Vettel biography was released. I kind of find it hard not laughing while writing this :D

Mercedes will continue to supply the Formula One team with engines until at least 2015.
Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/mar/18/mercedes-mclaren-shares-formula-one

However:
The Honda name could return to Formula One according to head of research and design Yoshiharu Yamamoto.
Yamamoto told Autocar “it is true that we do look up at those races and hope that one day we can take part again”.
He added: “I do not personally think we can just go straight back immediately, but there is potential for the rules to change and attract us. I follow the rules, certainly, and if they present an opportunity then it would be nice to go back.”
Source: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/10/10/honda-nice-f1/

Make of it what you will :)

McLaren have put some R&D parts on the Lewis' car but they won't tell him what the parts are as they are for next year. It;s also because the don't want him to take the secrets with him to Mercedes.

Lewis doesn't mind, the just wants to drive the car.

Vettel fastest in first practice.

Looks like Ferrari's updates are not working or a least not helping much.
RB seems dominant again, so a Vettel Pole-Victory is likely to happen again.

I really dont want to see another titel for Vettel -.-
Especially when I see how Fernando drove his a** off...

I don't want to see another Vettel RB title again. In my view, it will be an anti-climax to what has been a pretty interesting season.
Perhaps if it went to the wire and Vettel still one, I might be ok with it.

Does Alonso deserve to win? Based on his driving I would say yes. But I would rather if Lewis or Webber won.
EDIT: the latter won't happen, I know.

RBR just comes on song now it seems.... so strong that car now.

Crazy to think how they can out-develop Mac and Ferrari just like that.
Mclaren putting sticks in their own wheels, Ferrari testing the same component 540 times.

Brilliant.

Hopefully the season that has been incredible goes to the wire regardless of winner.

Practice 2 Pictures
there will be no Practice 3 pictures
vlc2012-10-2622-48-52-79.png

vlc2012-10-2622-47-17-82.png

vlc2012-10-2622-54-56-06.png

vlc2012-10-2622-54-57-06.png

vlc2012-10-2622-55-02-38.png

vlc2012-10-2622-57-19-39.png

vlc2012-10-2622-56-02-23.png

vlc2012-10-2622-57-48-59.png

vlc2012-10-2622-58-11-32.png

Was exactly thinking the same Markus. Amazing how much space the drivers are allowed to take during the qualification.

And what a speed Vettel has in the last sector compared to the rest of the field (even compared to teammate Webber). Quadruple diffuser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%