2012 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its maybe atmosphere yeah.
The layout is fun. Its high speed, has some fast corners but the middle section is technical
And T10 is gonna be even more tough with these tyres because its easy to lock up there and flatspot it.

Only worried how the conflict it gonna affect it. I love F1 but those people have also the right to protest.

Its maybe atmosphere yeah.
The layout is fun. Its high speed, has some fast corners but the middle section is technical
And T10 is gonna be even more tough with these tyres because its easy to lock up there and flatspot it.

Only worried how the conflict it gonna affect it. I love F1 but those people have also the right to protest.

You are right, as long as they do not endanger the lives of the innocent F1 drivers and officials, they are of course allowed to strike.

here's the latest NEWS on bahrain today, from eason who writes for thetimes....he's in bahrain reporting what's going on here it is!

The call to prayer signals that the protest in #Bahrain is probably over. Sporadic chasing and police much in evidence
No casualties, we think. Reports that one woman had Mace sprayed into her face and one of the political leaders has been detained
Back to hotel to write the story of my day. #Bahrain circuit executives told me to see what was happening here. I have

Security forces have fired stun grenades at anti-government protesters at a cultural exhibition for Bahrain's Formula One race.
The clashes Wednesday sent both demonstrators and people attending the exhibit running for cover in a potential blow to Bahrain's efforts to use this weekend's race as a sign of stability after 14 months of clashes in the Gulf kingdom.

so tell me, who's going to watch F1 this weekend? very sad :(

But why Bernie want's to race in bahrain with such a Condition even for money you need players to drive the cars and with this kind of protest why teams Also Decided to go rather than Banning the Race

On to topic what is the Major Difference between Mclaren and RBR this season Mclaren has strong qualifying pace with Race pace where as RBR has the Race pace which is equal to Mclaren but a few tenths of less qualifying pace as we can clearly observe(i should say half a second to Hamilton's pace)

here's the latest NEWS on bahrain today, from eason who writes for thetimes....he's in bahrain reporting what's going on here it is!

so tell me, who's going to watch F1 this weekend? very sad :(

I will, as I get so few chances to watch F1. Doesn't mean I am opposed to the striking though.

If they are racing im watching. Will I feel happy about them racing? No. Do I think the drivers want to race. Most definitely not, have you seen some of the body language being shown when the Bahrain questions kept popping up. Am I expecting webber to come 4th, yea lol. I think that when the lights go out it will just be another race, things will be forgotten and a winner will hold the trophy high above his head when it's over. Well that's if nothing happens... And how can we assure that...

so.....
Bahrain Grand Prix: petrol bomb incident near Force India car

Force India team members were caught up in a petrol bomb incident as they returned from the Bahrain Grand Prix track.
The four mechanics in a hire car were stuck in a traffic jam while the incident was taking place on Wednesday.
No Force India staff were hurt but one team member not present at the time has been allowed to return to the UK.

Bahrain circuit chairman Zayed R Alzayani said: "They weren't targeted. They just happened to be there."

so.....
Bahrain Grand Prix: petrol bomb incident near Force India car

Force India team members were caught up in a petrol bomb incident as they returned from the Bahrain Grand Prix track.
The four mechanics in a hire car were stuck in a traffic jam while the incident was taking place on Wednesday.
No Force India staff were hurt but one team member not present at the time has been allowed to return to the UK.

Bahrain circuit chairman Zayed R Alzayani said: "They weren't targeted. They just happened to be there."

If one of the team members were hurt in this incident it would definitely cause a teams thinking of leaving the race. But that didn't happen, let's hope nothing else happens.

If they bail out now they are really giving green light to terrorists to mess up any future GP hosted anywhere. They should have decided not to race at Bahrain months ago.

Now there is too much media attention and I am really not surprised this happens. Free media exposure for those that are fighting for their freedom.

It could also be a media blowup of course. We are inclined to believe everything we read in the news, which is a mistake.
I think that is the case.
Sure there are some demonstrations but i don´t think it´s even remotely close to last year where the organizers of the event told Formula 1 that it probably won´t be the best idea to come down.

I´m also not buying the whole "well this year they need the money so they will go forward with the event either way"

No Bahrain don´t need the money or Formula 1 to boost their economy one bit.
Which is further strengthened by the Event holders that Bernie could keep the money even though they did not go to Bahrain.

I think that is the case.
Sure there are some demonstrations but i don´t think it´s even remotely close to last year where the organizers of the event told Formula 1 that it probably won´t be the best idea to come down.

I´m also not buying the whole "well this year they need the money so they will go forward with the event either way"

No Bahrain don´t need the money or Formula 1 to boost their economy one bit.
Which is further strengthened by the Event holders that Bernie could keep the money even though they did not go to Bahrain.

I agree on the money, because most races seem to complain that they are going into debt every year. I also don't believe this race will be a sellout either, so money won't exactly be flowing in.

Could it be that the Bahraini's thought that it will show the world that everything's hunky dory, while many protestors were waiting patiently for this event to state their case? This is, after all, probably the most high-profile annual event in the country. And they probably decided that making a statement every day while the world's eyes are not on them was pointless, as local government wasn't listening.

Seems that way to me, as it seemed very quiet for a while.

this race is not going to happen without incident of some sort.
Its almost like its building up to another Cuba 1958 Fangio incident!!!!

You really have to consider the fact that the protesters are mainly Shia muslims, which are peaceful.

I really doubt that a violent incident could happen. As a Shia Muslim myself, i can say that with certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back