2012 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fastest laps in qualifying 2009 vs 2012.

2009 - 2012​
Australia
1:24.783 Q2 - 1:24.922 Q3
Malaysia
1:33.784 Q2 - 1:36.219 Q3
China
1:35.130 Q2 - 1:35.121
Pretty interesting, it seems that the longer the straights the more equal it is but once corners come into play, the 2009 cars is seconds faster.​
The reason i took Q2 times is because Q3 times is with race fuel.​

thought they were gonna run 2010 layout....this one is ****....no technical section...its flat out balls to the wall to a hairpin except for the 3rd sector

I thought this year was the 2010 layout as well. F1 main site shows the old layout though...
http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/bahrain_867/circuit_diagram.html

Although ESPN F1 shows the 2010 version, I'm guessing the Official F1 site is correct... unfortunately :(
http://en.espnf1.com/bahrain/motorsport/circuit/1320.html

Pretty interesting, it seems that the longer the straights the more equal it is but once corners come into play, the 2009 cars is seconds faster.​
The reason i took Q2 times is because Q3 times is with race fuel.​

Front tyres were wider in 2009 as they had the size of the grooved tyres from 2008. This was changed for 2010. They had massive grip on the front and with the double diffuser those cars had better corner speeds.

EBD and OTBD allowed the car to create a bigger, virtual diffuser which in turn allowed the car to be raised which in turn allowed the front wing to be closer to the ground which created more downforce.

More downforce from the diffuser allows you to use more downforce at the front as well so that is the reason times are slower this year.

So they are not gonna run the extra section that was added in 2010?
If its true i am really happy. "Old" Bahrain is awesome and that extra section never made sense to me.

Yes this layout is much more fun, if you drove it in games anyways it's fun. Also turns 2/3 always seems like a place you can lose a lot of time if you get turn one wrong, so turn 4 should have a few overtakes. It's not one of the worst circuits on the calendar. People don't like it, but I don't think their hate is purely based on the circuit's layout.

"Not many people waiting to fly into Bahrain this afternoon. Guards at passport control wished me luck... Eek!" - a media representative going to Sakhir. This is going to be one 'fun' weekend in Bahrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back