2011 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am amazed to see vettel with that kind of speed, and incredibly disappointed with MGP.

First, Q1 Example, Webber Vs Schumacher

Webber 1:25.900 Schumacher 1:25.962

I was genuinely excited. Then, Q2 all I could say was WTF? When other teams improved by a full second in some cases, he went down to 1:25:971!

BUT let's look at Rosberg, he was able to make about 2 tenths improvement per session so while nowhere near the promise shown in Q1, he made 4 tenths improvement where schumacher slowed. WTF?

What are you guys doing to keep you awake then? Football Manager for me!

Seeing im in Australia its brilliant, and i don't have to watch the F1s at 10pm to 12am @ night.

So far i've been into the city for a camera market, then come home to watch the V8s and other stuff. Then just a cruise to a mates place to kick back and watch the F1s.

Seeing im in Australia its brilliant, and i don't have to watch the F1s at 10pm to 12am @ night.

So far i've been into the city for a camera market, then come home to watch the V8s and other stuff. Then just a cruise to a mates place to kick back and watch the F1s.
The broadcast starts at 6AM , i managed to get 6 hours sleep out of my planned 7, yes i was excited so i jumped out of bed, put my PC on and watched F1 Qaulifying all over again, not not to go now, can't wait.

excellent race, wow Perez only done 1 pit stop, i would like to see his tyres :D

Im happy Petrov got his FIRST Podium, he represents Renault well :) , very poor performance from Webber there, it's a shame Button got a penalty, Massa did force him of(then again button could have slowed alittle)

Petrov 3rd, Perez 7th, nice surprise. Shame really I reckon Hamilton will be DSQ for that broken floor / wear to underside / ride height issues, so could be 2nd for petrov, sadly a podium for alonso (Booooooo) and 6th for perez! The Sauber and Renault are on fire, nice to see midfield teams pushing through!

Great race, seems that RedBull is fast again. Petrov got his first podium, awesome race for him, and also great performance of Alonso, pushing the F150 to the limit :D .

Can't wait for Malaysia!

Petrov got lucky, if Alonso didnt have that slight poor start and the incident in turn 1 im pretty sure he would of passed Petrov, he was clse enough in the last lap he just needed 1 or 2 more. BUT good job Petrov, he got his podium but we'll see if he can keep up with the best. Remember Alonso contributed to Schumachers retirement back on 2006, so I wouldn't be suprised if 2010s Abu Dhabi race really ignited a new fire in him that really made that Ferrari push but didnt have the 1 or 2 laps he needed it.

No brainer on the Lewis and Vettel but reliability of red bull is yet to live up to its races and I sitll prefer a cold Monster :p.
Button, meh, bores me to dead watching his laps on TV.
Massa, come on man, where are your 2008 driving talent you had, they wre exceptionally better than any other season.
Perez, good job on having 1 Pit stop.
and one more thing...I really hope they ditch KERS. Red Bulls Team Principal just admitted that Vettel and Webber didn't have the KERS installed in them after Fridays practice. WAKE UP CALL FIA the system just plainly sucks.
Pirelli...i still dont know, Perez with 1 pit stop and the rest having 3-4 stops...still. If the degrading is this bad on most teams, i just can't wait to see how is gonna pan out in Monaco and especially Singapore.

In Conclusion not a bad start for the 2011 season not bad...just wished Alonso would gotten out of that 1st turn at the speed trap :(

Nice drive from Petrov here, and excellent work for Perez scoring his first points in his first F1 race.

Button still finished 6th even though he had a penalty, that's quite impressive. The McLarens are fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back