2011 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth do you imagine KERS damages the rear wheel tires giving ~80 bhp extra while there is already 740 bhp already put down on them? As long as long as the tires are not out of grip i dont think there is much difference in tire usage.

The KERS system uses the braking power from the rear wheels to harness the energy. Because of this, the way the rear wheels are slowed under brakes has to be different compared to not running KERS.

As for the race well, Hamilton will probably get DQ'd. Petrov drove a great race as did Jenson and Perez. The one thing that really got me was why didn't Vettel and Buemi get penalised for overtaking another car by going outside of the track limits? Jenson got penalised for it and fair enough should of been (although Ferrari played some dirty tricks in putting Alonso ahead of Massa and then pitting Massa, giving Jenson no chance of giving the place back), so why did the stewards ignore those?

Well done Vettel, unlucky Mercedes :([/QUOTE]

Both Sauber cars are DQ'ed by the stewards of the meeting due to an illegal rearwing. One of the 3 rearwing elements did not comply to the regulations.

That's bad news for Sauber :( I still expect them (with a legal rearwing next time) to keep on the pace....

Both Sauber cars are DQ'ed by the stewards of the meeting due to a illegal rearwing. One of the 3 rearwing elements did not comply to the regulations.

That's bad news for Sauber :( I still expect them (with a legal rearwing next time) to keep on the pace....
OMG, I just read it on formula1.com and I was shocked. I was so happy for there results but now it's just sad to hear this.

Not only do i feel sorry for Sauber, but it also increases Scuderia Ferrari's point total. On a brighter note it's nice to see Di Resta in the points on his debut.

Perez deserves the points more though....

IMO, the rules that Sauber broke are so minute, and irrelevent i hope their appeal works, i can't see they would have had any advantage with the tip of their rear wing a couple of mm too thick, dissapointed for them. PETROV!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, the rules that Sauber broke are so minute, and irrelevent i hope their appeal works, i can't see they would have had any advantage with the tip of their rear wing a couple of mm too thick, dissapointed for them.

But rules are rules, and if we didn't have rules where would be (and nobody say France!)?

Red Bull didn't run KERS or any system like that, i'm lead to believe. If so, they've done nothing wrong. KERS is an option, not a requirement. It was nice to see Sauber do well, but surely the car was like that for a reason? When does a part begin to give a performance advantage? It's a fine line.

I know team orders are now allowed, but though Ferrari took the michael in allowing Alonso to overtake Massa and stop Button giving position back, this is not a tactical move. This is bringing the sport into disrepute.

For sure, I agree, Button was in the wrong, I just feel Ferrari completely changed the situation: Button didn't have the time to consult with race engineer, nor could stewards tell him to give position back as a result of the incident.

Considering past decisions, like when Kubica forced Alonso out in 2010, Button and McLaren should give back position to Button inmediatly, he could, but he wait until Alonso reached Massa (he was racing more than 1 sec faster) and Ferrari, logically, decided to let him pass so Button had to give back two positions, this is F1 not charity.

I feel sorry for Jenson, and I think the real problem is you cant have 10 mins of investigation, decisions have to be taken in seconds, so you tell Jenson "give position back" before the situation changes. But still he could just rejoin after Massa as, like I said, being pushed out in the external part is not an excuse to cut anymore since 2010.

But yeah, blame Ferrari...

Clearly not Ferrari's fault, what would they have to do? Wait for Button giving back the position to Massa? No, clearly, Massa didn't want to hold up Alonso there, I think there wasn't even a team order btw, he just saw him coming a lot faster. As I said Button could avoid that situation, I think he was just too angry to think in that situation because Massa defended perfectly in the first 10 laps against him:) At least it provided a good fight to watch for a few laps!

I don't even think Massa gave that position to Alonso - he just ran a bit wide and compromised his exit. What are Ferrari supposed to do anyway - not get on with their own race just so Button can let them back through? Absolute nonsense. Button had at least 2 laps to do it, but chose not to. It isn't down to the FIA to tell the teams and drivers what to do - they should be able to interpret the rules themselves.

And they didn't pit just to disadvantage button - how ridiculous. They pitted after Red Bull! So not early at all.

How about the Pirelli tires? I was falling asleep last night but I woke up to about 4 (correcty me if im wrong) pit stops by Ferrari? My guess at the end is gonna be more about tyre management than fuel this time around. Now knowing RB didnt have KERS, I wonder if the other teams are going to follow thru. BTW im too lazy to research but I have to ask, I know the rear wing is movable within 1 sec in the straight during a race, is the front wing also? If im not mistaken they are allowed to lower or raise it by 6 degrees, is that still in effect for this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back