2011 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirellis are fine! Perez managed to do the race with only 1 stop as well! I think it depends a lot on the car too though, as f.e. Massa I believe was on a 2 stopper, but they had to pit 3rd time 9 laps before the end. The podium guys stopped 2 times. (I think having 1-2-3 stop strategies now is much better than everyone having only one stop btw:))

Heidfeld had KERS failure at qualifying, and raced with a damaged car from the first lap. So i think he will pass Petrov in the next races. :)

So we can see a regular podium contender Renault i hope!

Heidfeld had KERS failure at qualifying, and raced with a damaged car from the first lap. So i think he will pass Petrov in the next races. :)

So we can see a regular podium contender Renault i hope!

I don't mind if Petrov will be better than him either! I like Heidfeld too, but Petrov is very much underrated imo. He's a very talented driver, last year he was a rookie, he made a lot of mistakes, but if this year he'll drive like he did in this GP, I think everyone will forget that he's a bad driver! I want to see that tbh! It was awfully bad to hear our commentary after this race saying "what could Kubica do in that car!". Even if I like Kubica, and I hope he'll be back, and he'll do fine, but this was a huge disrespect imo towards Petrov.

Did you guys know that Mclaren was running a titanium deffuser in Australia? From what I read, if they change it to carbon which they will do before Sepang we will see a little bit quicker Mclaren on the track.

Yep, you could see it when they drove past. It was done as a quick method to strengthen the area after having to move the exhaust exits to the rear for the blown diffuser.
Belive it or not I never noticed it and I normally never miss a single detail on any F1 car.
I hope that the upgraded deffuser will give Mclaren an other 0.5 seconds (I know that is quite a lot of time to gain by such little upgrade but I really hope Mclaren or any other team can give Red Bull a fight because they are way to quick for F1).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%