2010 V8 Supercars

Watched the Supercar race at Adelaide and that was a fantastic race. Really loved the in car views in HD. That track is the perfect fit for those cars with high speed and tight corners. Loved the whole race. Can't wait for the next race.:tongue:

Bleak pictures of sad times......

Let this be a stark and harsh warning to the UK motorsport fraternity,will we let this happen to Doni?,and those rumblings about Croft was it??,the noise abatement gang?....

Yes, this would never happen in The Netherlands where they have plenty of space to live, just like China. But in Australia its really bad, can imagine that they break down all those other tracks as well. Would make sense.

Lol James and Bram.

To bad they destroy it. Very challenging track, but so much fun.
That first corner is one of the toughest and most rewarding corners. Lucky we have a laser scanned version of it so we can still enjoy it.

This makes me sad to see my 'home' track gone.
Put in many laps here in Superkarts and it was in my opinion the best driver's track in the country.
It now rests alongside Amaroo Park in Australia's deleted folder.

Bleak pictures of sad times......

Let this be a stark and harsh warning to the UK motorsport fraternity,will we let this happen to Doni?,and those rumblings about Croft was it??,the noise abatement gang?....

The ecomentalists will not rest until all motor sport is gone in the UK, the liberal wishy washy types will ensure we don't have competitive sports as it might cause upset and distress to the losers.

The loss of Oran Park has very little to do with ecomentalists, environment, or the need for more housing, it is all about the almighty dollar.
Land prices in Sydney are so overpriced, that it is a huge opportunity for a few people to make a fortune out of it. When faced with the decision to spend money on upgrading and maintaining the track and facilities, vs a quick sale to a rich developer (or two) who can make themselves even richer, the outcome was obvious.

Very sad to see Oran Park destroyed, but this will be a contining trend for these types of Motor Racing Tracks across Australia. Much more money to be made by closing off a few streets in a major city for the weekend, especially when our governments are willing to pour so much taxpayer money into those events.

The loss of Oran Park has very little to do with ecomentalists, environment, or the need for more housing, it is all about the almighty dollar.
Land prices in Sydney are so overpriced, that it is a huge opportunity for a few people to make a fortune out of it. When faced with the decision to spend money on upgrading and maintaining the track and facilities, vs a quick sale to a rich developer (or two) who can make themselves even richer, the outcome was obvious.

Very sad to see Oran Park destroyed, but this will be a contining trend for these types of Motor Racing Tracks across Australia. Much more money to be made by closing off a few streets in a major city for the weekend, especially when our governments are willing to pour so much taxpayer money into those events.
Still i think the houses and land prices are cheap compared to countries which are much busier. imo a lot of circuits need to be on the UNESCO list.

But Bram was right. They barely have any space in Australia.
2.89 people per km². I mean, a man must have enough space to use 346,020 m² on his own?
In Macau it's much more quiet with 18,543.25 people per square km.

Or if you want to know a normal country:
South Korea: 486.81 people per km²

It's so busy in Australia they're on 233rd place out of 239 countries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density

They barely have any space in Australia.
2.89 people per km². I mean, a man must have enough space to use 346,020 m² on his own?
In Macau it's much more quiet with 18,543.25 people per square km.

It's so busy in Australia they're on 233rd place out of 239 countries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density

Nice that this thread turned into a geography lesson, but since it has been raised, these stats are hardly comparable. Most of the Australian continent is uninhabitable, pretty much total desert, so comparing population to total country area is misleading. Bit like comparing the population of the Sahara desert, lol.

Having said that, the closure of Oran Park, has nothing to do with needing more housing, which I am sure Bram knew when he posted his light hearted remark.

Well you have to really wonder how much time Eastern Creek has then as it is pretty much in an area that is becoming more & more populated.
It is very close to the main areas (20mins from Parramatta). It's main saviour may be that it is nestled in (at the moment) an industrial area.

Warren plz dont take the joking coments about the space wrong its totaly clear its not the reason why this stunning track got bulldozed
its more like as you sayed some ppl will make a ****load of easy money with it, but still its atleast for me easyer to go the ironic way
insteed to suffer on this lost and yea its a big lost
so sorry if i stepped on your toes with it :)

The ecomentalists will not rest until all motor sport is gone in the UK, the liberal wishy washy types will ensure we don't have competitive sports as it might cause upset and distress to the losers.

"The loss of Oran Park has very little to do with ecomentalists, environment, or the need for more housing, it is all about the almighty dollar. "

Same for UK, the tracks are loosing a lot of money, and owners, probably not liberal ecomentalists, but conservative businessman think in $$, so you are blaming the wrong ones.

Cya!.

Warren plz dont take the joking coments about the space wrong ...................................so sorry if i stepped on your toes with it :)

No problems at all Michael, as I said, I took them all as light hearted comments in the first place, but I felt the need to put the geography comments into perspective.
Sadly Oran Park is gone now, and nothing will bring it back.
On a better note, my old home track of Lakeside has been saved, and now re-opened as a club track. A long way from it's glory days, but at least they didn't get to pull it down, and now local club racing is happening again at this great little track. :cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back