2010 V8 Supercars

voadfone-344x191.jpg
It made sense with the new (fantastic) regulations and it became reality yesterday. Mark Skaife and Craig Lowndes will join up in the enduro rounds at Phillip Island and Bathurst, with (perhaps surprisingly) Steve Owen partnering Jamie Whincup. Lowndes and Skaife drove for the factory Holden team between 1998 and 2000, winning all three championships between them.

The five-time Bathurst winner said it wasn't a hard decision:

“When I announced my full-time retirement at the end of 2008, I said that I was going to leave the enduros open.

“I did the enduros with Greg Murphy last year. I really enjoyed them. It was a fantastic experience and you make sure you go back to those races and do a good job.

“Then the offer come up to come and join Craig Lowndes at TeamVodafone. I didn’t have to think about it too much, because it was a great opportunity.”

“It would be great to do it [win Bathurst]. One of the things about me joining him is that he can’t beat me if we’re together! There’s a bit of science in that!

“We know it’s a tough event. We know it’s the grand final of Australian motorsport, but certainly one that you don’t need too much extra motivation.

“We’ve been close rivals, strong rivals over a long period of time, but we’ve also been team-mates.

“We get along pretty well, and the last time we drove together was 2000 and Lowndesy obviously went across to the dark side for a while – he was with Ford – but he’s back with Holden, which facilitates an act for me to comeback and drive with him.

“I’m really excited. When know what we both like from the car and the team’s very, very good. I’m looking forward to it.”

The 2010 TeamVodafone livery was also revealed at the same time as the announcement of the enduro drivers.

t8-1-344x225.jpgt8-2-344x195.jpg

FRONT-344x229.jpg
Trading Post have taken over from WOW as the main sponsor of Brad Jones Racing's second car, being piloted this year by Jason Bright.

Karl Reindler has also been confirmed to run the team's third car. His and Jason Richards' cars will unveiled later this week.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
JASON-FRONT-3_4-TWOA10E-344x229.jpg

v8sc10021101-a.jpg
With less than five days to go till the start of the 2010 V8 Supercars season in Abu Dhabi, here's a round-up of the last few day's news.

FPR unveiled their new livery and named their co-drivers for the enduros at Phillip Island and Bathurst. Dunlop have replaced Castrol as the main sponsor on Steven Richards' #6 Falcon.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
Long-time Ford enduro driver Luke Youlden and James Moffatt, son of multiple Bathurst champion Allan Moffatt, will partner Mark Winterbottom and Steven Richards in 2010. Livery: main pic.

Dean Fiore will be partnered by Michael Patrizi in trhe enduros. Patrizi was full-time driver last year but lost his drive when Paul Cruickshank Racing sold up their contracts after a difficult 2009.

With the defection of Triple Eight to Holden, Dick Johnson Racing will have official Ford backing from this season.

P!nk will become V8 Supercar's 'official ambassador' (not my words) from 2010 till 2012.

Shane van Gisbergen's Stone Brothers Racing Ford topped the timesheets on the first day of testing at Queensland Raceway.

Russell Ingall's aggressive Supercheap Auto 2010 livery was launched during testing, see below. Daniel Gaunt's is the orange Gulf International livery, Tony D'Alberto will run the black, red and white Belmont car you see. Orrcon will continue to sponsor Mark Winterbottom's FPR car, while Fair Dinkum will back Karl Reindler in 2010. Due to alcohol advertsiing restrictions in the Middle East, Dick Johnson Racing will run Prostrate Cancer Foundation sponsorship for the first two rounds, again see below.

Tony-Dalberto-2010-vehicle21-1024x680.jpgfrosty12-1024x580.jpggaunt4.jpg64061081.jpgFDSR-Launch-3.jpgingall11-1023x589.jpg

Loving the Dunlop and Supercheap colour schemes :).

I'll be trying harder to keep up with the series this year as I lost track of them a bit last year.

We get decent coverage here in the UK and I'm going to make good use of it :).

I so wish i could see more on english tv.I dont have sattelite and i miss these all the time.
Used to love watching this round an old mates house on his sat tv. So much has changed now as they race all over world now it seems
When did it all change from being Austrialia only?

Scott Tanner;486958 said:
I so wish i could see more on english tv.I dont have sattelite and i miss these all the time.
Used to love watching this round an old mates house on his sat tv. So much has changed now as they race all over world now it seems
When did it all change from being Austrialia only?
Just two rounds in Middle East and one in NZ ;)

There are some excellent places to get coverage on the net.

And yes, MotorsTV are showing it still.

888 Race Engineering have gone out in their first race with the Holdens and wiped the floor with everyone especially Toll HRT. Garth Tanders car ended up being held together with tape.

Would help if there was a sticky thread with these so called rules that only seem to apply to certain people here so us that have to stick to them dont get it wrong next time.

It's not a rule Rob - it's common courtesy to those who may wish to watch the race later without knowing the result.

Especially as the Oz broadcast is delayed too.

Plus if you don't like showing courtesy then don't come here - no-one will miss you.

I wonder when the officials will start to take some serious action against Paul Morris, he has to be the dirtiest driver in the series. He has a track record as long as your arm, and in Race 1 he managed to punt three guys off in three separate incidents. :frown:

I wonder when the officials will start to take some serious action against Paul Morris, he has to be the dirtiest driver in the series. He has a track record as long as your arm, and in Race 1 he managed to punt three guys off in three separate incidents. :frown:

Yeah, I know... V8 Supercars should be making a name for itself as one of the cleanest series in the world (Fabrizio Giovanardi even said that the drivers were better racers than in Europe when he was over here for Bathurst) but we've got idiots like Mr Morris ruining it all. He even punted off Ricciardello... a rookie! I've had it up to here with the guy's antics.

Maybe he should go and race in the WTCC or something... at least there he'd get a taste of his own medicine. Otherwise, learn to race, Paul. :mad:

Despite this event being held outside of Australia / New Zealand, I'd say it was a huge success.
What an amazing track at Abu Dhabi, simply breath taking. It was so great to see the V8"s racing on a true purpose built race track, and how much better to see such safe racing too. Waaaaay better than those new, ridiculously tight and dangerous street circuits.
If only Australia could afford venues like Abu Dhabi??

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.