2010 V8 Supercars

Started watching the qualifying now. The moment I saw some names being mentioned here, I avoided the topic :)

Sorry Senad, I forgot that you may be watching a long time after the live coverage here.

I'll make sure not to post anything that "gives away the plot" in future.
I guess this is one time that I'm lucky to be living in Australia and getting live free to air TV coverage. :D

I do watch the coverage at least a day after it airs. But no worries Warren, feel free to post anything, if I read it, it's my own fault :).

I remember the season finale last year, I was wondering about something about the cars, and I opened up the official website to try and find the info. I completely forgot that the championship was over by then, and saw a huge headline and photo of the winner :D

Then there was Jason Bright on Twitter :D. I said I was watching a race from 2006, and mentioned that Brighty was doing a great job, leading the race halfway through. And he replied saying something like "yeah, that was a good one, too bad I messed it up near the end." :parrot:

I was there yesterday (friday) for the day only, and was on top of the hill for most of the day.
Witnessed Lowndes new record lap, and had the Kelly car hit the wall for the 2nd time a corner in-front of me but i happened to capture the aftermath sheer seconds after it happened thru my camera lense.

Once i sort through my pics, ill have to post a few up.

Oh my, as if the mountain isn't a big enough challenge, looks like the weather is going to be nasty too. Bathurst has a habit of throwing in weird weather changes suddenly, and this year looks like proving that again.
This should really mix things up and make life difficult for the drivers. :eek:

Oh my, as if the mountain isn't a big enough challenge, looks like the weather is going to be nasty too. Bathurst has a habit of throwing in weird weather changes suddenly, and this year looks like proving that again.
This should really mix things up and make life difficult for the drivers. :eek:

Oooh, a wet Bathurst? Awesome :)

Once i sort through my pics, ill have to post a few up.

Cheers Dave, looking forward to it :thanks:

Lowndes & Skaife win Bathurst 2010, Whincup 2nd, and Tander took 3rd.

There was a massive stack on lap 1 when Coultard had a front blowout at the end of Conrod, he walked away, thankfully.

Just finished watching the race. Not too thrilled about the finishing positions, to be honest. But a good race overall.
Lowndes and Besnard bit was fun, it's a shame GRM didn't have much luck after that...

The weather looked promising all day, but no rain :(

The ultimate lap at the ultimate circuit! For me, bathurst is the best track in the world. Any 'real' street track, be it Monaco or where ever is far better than a purpose built circuit, but Bathurst is legendary and I never forgot watching the Beeb (I think?) showing the races of the touring cars there in the 80's. But the V8's are an awesome replacment, for what must surely be the most challenging and incredable track of all time............simply awesome :)

Great video, I hadn't seen it before.
I'm a big fan of Craig Lowndes, but I must admit that Greg Murphy's lap is the standout, especially since it was done in a one lap shootout with only one warm-up lap to prepare, and no chance to get a feel for the grip level. :pray:

Finally get to see it tonight: SpeedTV appears to have a one week delay.

Really looking forward to Surfer's Paradise - Partial lineup: Helio Castroneves, Sebastien Bourdais, David Brabham, Ryan Briscoe, Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti, Fabrizio Giovanardi, Patrick Long, Alain Menu, Tiago Monteiro, Gianni Morbidelli, Yvan Muller, Will Power, Andy Priaulx, Scott Pruett, Mika Salo, Alex Tagliani and Jacques Villeneuve. (Half of IndyCar - Including the Indy Champ, Grand-Am Champ, ALMS Champ etc.)

To be real, hope a regular wins it and can claim credit for beating all these guys.

This will be a tough initiation for most of the International drivers, especially on the Surfers Paradise layout. There is always lots of carnage on this track.

Andy Priaulx is teamed up with Craig Lowndes, so that will be an interesting combination. :wink:

Andy was fastest at Queensland, although it is hard to read into those times. He naturally drives RWD and has driven V8s before, along with the BMW E92 this and last year. People like Briscoe, Brabham (of course), Muller (won Sandown in 05), Pruett, Menu all have experience.

Those who will adapt immediately IMO will be Salo (driving GT2 for the past few years), Morbidelli (V8 Superstars), Giovanardi (same), Villeneuve (NNS, spoken with Ambrose), Patrick Long.

For the others I see a struggle, simply because the cars are so different to what they have driven over the past few years. Of the international pairings, Dumbrell/JV and Priaulx/Craig look the strongest. with maybe Briscoe/Davison and Murph/Muller.

Priaulx fastest of the 'guests' this morning.

Watching the quali now. :eek:

vlcsnap2010102503h27m14.png

vlcsnap2010102503h27m21.png

vlcsnap2010102503h27m26.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back