2010 V8 Supercars

Ofc I know Australia is a desert for a big part. It's about the same case as Japan. In japan it's partially impossible to build houses because of mountains and hills.. So averagely the country might be not that full, but the parts where you can live or place other businesses is rather small, thus full. It was seriously just a joke.

Still what you said about the landprices, well.. I cannot believe if someone really loves racing, he'd sell a circuit to some developers. Especially not a circuit with a long history. Apparently the owners just didn't love racing/

As has been mentioned, Oran Park was due for a major capital input so that contributed to the cause of selling it no doubt.

iRacing have also scanned Oran Park and it is on its way.

"The loss of Oran Park has very little to do with ecomentalists, environment, or the need for more housing, it is all about the almighty dollar. "

Same for UK, the tracks are loosing a lot of money, and owners, probably not liberal ecomentalists, but conservative businessman think in $$, so you are blaming the wrong ones.

Cya!.

No Xose I live in the UK and know how local council's have tried to curtail racing at numerous tracks around the UK with noise abatement orders.

yh think of brands hatch it can only race on the full circuit a handful of times a year because of housing but i think the track was there first and if u are goin to live there u should put up with it. brands built in the 30s and the housing estates wernt there till 60s and 70s

Just in case any of the non Aussie guys here weren't aware:

This weekend is the big event on the Australian V8 Supercar calendar, the Bathurst enduro at Mt. Panorama. With the new rule changes prohibiting Teams from pairing their top drivers, this one should prove even more interesting than usual.

I've already booked my spot on the sofa in front of the TV for most of Saturday and Sunday. :D:D:D

Not aware? Hardly, been waiting all year :letsgoracing: :)

Already freed up some disk space, now I just have to wait for the coverage to be uploaded
coffee.gif

There's a couple of dedicated motorsports trackers. One is very organised but invite only with no ratio guidelines. The other is not particularly organised, but open to all with ratio requirements.

Torrents for me too,watched Friday qually earlier and was instantly hit with some Lowndes news that might annoy poor old Murph with his 7 years of glory now over ;P.
Off to look for the top 10 shootout and see if Brighty can stun the pitlane again.

Torrents for me too,watched Friday qually earlier and was instantly hit with some Lowndes news that might annoy poor old Murph with his 7 years of glory now over ;P.
Off to look for the top 10 shootout and see if Brighty can stun the pitlane again.

Yep, that lap from Jason Bright came from nowhere, really took everyone by surprise, but he is a very experienced and capable driver, especially at Bathurst, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him still up near the front after the shootout and the race.

Most people believed that Murphy's "Lap of the Gods" record would never be broken, but conditions (weather temps) were perfect for the morning session when Lowndes cracked it.

Watch out for another improved Race from Murphy this year too, he is always close to the money at Bathurst.

Started watching the qualifying now. The moment I saw some names being mentioned here, I avoided the topic :)

What a shame about the record. I hoped it would stay up for lot longer than this. That lap really was something, a great V8 moment. This was totally unimpressive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back