• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

2010 V8 Supercars

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Bram Hengeveld, Dec 30, 2009.

1. GAIAjohan

GAIAjohan

Ratings:
    +274
    Ofc I know Australia is a desert for a big part. It's about the same case as Japan. In japan it's partially impossible to build houses because of mountains and hills.. So averagely the country might be not that full, but the parts where you can live or place other businesses is rather small, thus full. It was seriously just a joke.

Still what you said about the landprices, well.. I cannot believe if someone really loves racing, he'd sell a circuit to some developers. Especially not a circuit with a long history. Apparently the owners just didn't love racing/

2. ExplosiveFace

ExplosiveFace

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought iRacing were meant to scan Oran Park?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    RaceDepartment Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,366
    Its done isn't it?

4. Stealthy

Stealthy

Ratings:
    +0
    thats Philip island. Oran park has been laser scanned by the guys for BTB

5. Jiminee

Jiminee

Ratings:
    +0
    As has been mentioned, Oran Park was due for a major capital input so that contributed to the cause of selling it no doubt.

iRacing have also scanned Oran Park and it is on its way.

6. Kevin Watts

Kevin Watts

Ratings:
    +12
    No Xose I live in the UK and know how local council's have tried to curtail racing at numerous tracks around the UK with noise abatement orders.

7. Tom Watts

Tom Watts

Ratings:
    +25
    yh think of brands hatch it can only race on the full circuit a handful of times a year because of housing but i think the track was there first and if u are goin to live there u should put up with it. brands built in the 30s and the housing estates wernt there till 60s and 70s

8. Ingemar Petersson

Ingemar Petersson
    Ingemar Petersson Premium

Ratings:
    +471
  9. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,867
    Just in case any of the non Aussie guys here weren't aware:

This weekend is the big event on the Australian V8 Supercar calendar, the Bathurst enduro at Mt. Panorama. With the new rule changes prohibiting Teams from pairing their top drivers, this one should prove even more interesting than usual.

I've already booked my spot on the sofa in front of the TV for most of Saturday and Sunday. :D:D:D

10. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Not aware? Hardly, been waiting all year :letsgoracing: :)

Already freed up some disk space, now I just have to wait for the coverage to be uploaded [​IMG]

11. Gary Lennon

Gary Lennon

Ratings:
    +203
    Seen every race so far this year.....so yea,...drooling seriously at the thought of this one :).

12. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +770
    I will "kindly ask" my brother to take a break from his Xbox this weekend. If I miss this I'll have to be submitted to the psychiatric ward.

13. David Garcia

David Garcia

Ratings:
    +122
    What times does the race starts?

14. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,746
    How do you watch them from Scottland? Via internet? If yes, which link?

thx in advance

15. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    I follow it via torrents, some people upload it regularly on a motorsports tracker.

16. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    There's a couple of dedicated motorsports trackers. One is very organised but invite only with no ratio guidelines. The other is not particularly organised, but open to all with ratio requirements.

17. Gary Lennon

Gary Lennon

Ratings:
    +203
    Torrents for me too,watched Friday qually earlier and was instantly hit with some Lowndes news that might annoy poor old Murph with his 7 years of glory now over ;P.
    Off to look for the top 10 shootout and see if Brighty can stun the pitlane again.

18. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,867
    Yep, that lap from Jason Bright came from nowhere, really took everyone by surprise, but he is a very experienced and capable driver, especially at Bathurst, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him still up near the front after the shootout and the race.

Most people believed that Murphy's "Lap of the Gods" record would never be broken, but conditions (weather temps) were perfect for the morning session when Lowndes cracked it.

Watch out for another improved Race from Murphy this year too, he is always close to the money at Bathurst.

19. Nick Deeley

Nick Deeley

Ratings:
    +43
    With a very big pair of binoculars ;)

20. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Started watching the qualifying now. The moment I saw some names being mentioned here, I avoided the topic :)

What a shame about the record. I hoped it would stay up for lot longer than this. That lap really was something, a great V8 moment. This was totally unimpressive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.