2010 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE On)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should write a letter to Simbin :). hehe just kidding.

Well the ingame forecast only shows rain. When its raining through the race. When its completly dynamic. AND THERE WAS A FORECAST AT POST#1 :). Simbin doesn't show it in game. I use Velociprod Motec. It showed me that the temps where dropping. thats a sign of rain. But still i wasn't convinced and i choose slicks.

So what did you learn guys. Always watch the weatherforecast what i post hahaha.

All I can say is thank god for that rain at race start :) Did really bad in qualifying, really struggled to find a setup and starting from 24th I thought I would have a really hard time to finish in the top 20. After the formation lap the rain started and I decided to keep going despite being on slicks (even managed to make a pass which I don't normally do in the dry!). It was a challenge to keep the car pointing the correct way, did a lot of rally driving round corners but once the rain stopped I started to get more grip into corners and was able to keep a steady pace. After 20+ mins I noticed some guys pitting so I knew they were 2 stopping which gave me a good chance as I was only 1 stopping, but it didn't go as I planned. I only put enough fuel in to get me to around 23 mins into the race so I had to pit very early which mean't I had to run for 40 mins on one set of tyres. Despite this once everyone made their 2nd stop I was in 6th place (RUBBED EYES). Getting closer to race end my tyres where shot and I was really struggling to corner and I was praying for it to rain again because it would've stopped my tyres from wearing down and it didn't. With a few laps to go 7th place was catching me at around 2 secs a lap and once he caught me I decided to move over and let him past as I couldn't defend.

7th place from 24th was a good day for me :)

Congrats podium and everyone who took part.

Well rain is a very wide varriation.. :O the forecast didn't say anything about the amount!
For the last round i will make a more detailed forecast.

qually also said chance of raina nd look how that was... so my asumptions went off that. I love the dynamic weather dont go me wrong but sunday just frustrated me... and it was all to do with the weather just being ridiculous tbh. Never mind roll on rattlesnake :)

In Wales the weather is more wet then the race on Renault test track. You should know how strange te weather can be Adam :) just kidding.
Well as Rattlesnake is again a non real track. The weather can be manipulated by the drivers. How? more will come soon.

Yeh but still 3 seconds into the race it started raining, so the forecast should show rain....... this is a sim isnt it?

Seriously, thie drastic weather changes can happen very often on the athmosphere, but not on the track possibly. Well, track can get flooded very fast but dosen´t dry up that fast.

Apart of it, I start doubting GTR Evo is a sim in what comes to weather, and I guess this is the reasson why the rFactor guys decided not to put changeable weather on his first release... it is sooo hard to simulate.

On a real race, with real rain, you have to slow down a lot in order to stay on track with dry tires, and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT... when here you are 3 or 4 seconds slower but the car stills driveable. Aquaplanning is really scaring on a real race, I had some experiences with my kart, and on a "flooded" track you even have aquaplanning on wet tires... so a sim? I don´t think so, but it is still fun.

I hope rF2 manages to simulate all that stuff!

By the way, did I already said thanks to Yuri and Huggo for setting the series up? THANK YOU GUYS!

Id have to agree with you there david. i was thinking realistic and the game was thinking otherwise. In wales yesterday Yuri we had loads and loads of rain, nearly thunderstorms..... this morning its sunny.

Seams that the storm in my head has settled (long time ago), so must be that this is to fun to quit. So on Sunday then, and still hope for a clean ending to this TCC. And thanks Fernando ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back