2010 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE On)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my turn tonight to be disconnected from the server. My Internet is OK, so it should be the unknown forces that push us out sometimes.

Now that the weather looked bright and warm! Anyway, it's a pity to have the race finished this way.

Have fun...

Had a good qualy for myself, 9th was happy with that. But then...oh man. We were 5 laps in the race and had seen my pitbox 5 times.
1st a tyre change to wet
2nd: was coming in for a stop and go and pushed the button to postpone it :(
3rd missed the pitbox
4th a stop and go because of speeding in the pitlane, not sure how that happend as i came in with limiter and was leaving without?? Dont have a clue. Didnt touch a button.
5th for damage after i messed up. which didnt help, car was a disaster to drive, missed every corner. Decided to call it day after 3 laps before I destroy someones else race.

Need a good sleep and forget this as soon as possible, this wasnt a race weekend for me it seems...gonna try it again next week :)

Heavy race in every way, but what happened at the last corner last lap ?. I went wide and to be sure i looked over my shoulder and there was no one there, but then i felt this bump i see Yuri in my rear mirror and slowing down. Sorry of course if i messed it up, but i thought i was ahead and had the inner line.

Q: 13th was fun. But it was a shame i didnt went out in the last minutes. Otherwise it could have been better.

Race: Formation lap was weird. Needed the whole hit the throttle to catch up. Didnt drive 100 at any point.

Was fun to see half the field going in the first lap. Promoted myself to 6th i think. Rest of the first stint was messy with many people in different tyres etc. But pitted at P4.
Came out of the pit behind Hugo and Miguel and Henrik behind. Until the last 10 laps it stayed that way. Then Henrik catched up.
And got my place because i hitted Hugo (sorry for that). Then Henrik overtook Hugo also some laps later. Last laps i was batteling Hugo and overtook him in T2 in the last laps back to 4. Happy with it could maybe have podium but thats oke. :)
Cya next week. :)

Well qualifying was OK better than previous league form, but for some reason when I joined the grid I was last, well worse than last 27th of 25.
Also I had wet tyres on depsite changing to slicks before anyway this was good and I was able to work my way through the pack into the top 8.
First stop changed to slicks and and set some ok lap times and stayed out through the second shower until fuel was gone .
Slicks again and 20 litres to the end of the race, running 11th after that and hoping more would stop. Adam did and I was into the top 10 until lap 36 and I had Fernando ahead who lost it into turn one and it looked as if his car would stay on the right but it bounced right into the space I was heading and it was game over. No hard feelings just one of these things.

my most unprepared league game ever, just got back froma five day holiday this afternoon, 17.30, unpacked, did stuff, joined the quali for five minutes to do a dreadful lap in pouring virtual rain, did some more stuff, had a bite to eat, joined the warmup to test fuel consumption and pit entrance, figured out a one stopper, joined the grid. phew.

should have been 25th of 25 but found Simon behind me (?), light drizzle, started on dries and stayed on dries all race, frenzy in pitlane moved me up to 11th. first half of the race really trying to figure out the track after only having done some ten laps or so a week ago, all of them on dry. remebered you get cut warnings easily so always tried not to go too wide. pitted at exact midpoint, best pit this season, found another three seconds per lap in the second half of the race and ended 18th of 19 still running. Hope I didn't mess any of my blue flag moments, was a bit difficult to get out of the way of the guys fighting for 3-6 through the very last turns. Thoroughly enjoyed myself in second stint, thx to organizers and all participants :)

I hope race direction is not going to follow through on that "always stay between the white lines" threat. Being overtaken by the faster guys I saw so so many guys outside those lines with more than two wheels, especially when they were involved ina fight, it would be ridiculous to punish them all. To me, they were all racing lines which could be found in real life as well.

Not my weather today :rolleyes:, Qualy was strange jump up and down from 12 to pole down to 4. and cause i could not make a lap in the really last minute (where i expect the best conditions) i fall down to 8., but still a good position to start the race.
Like others i made the mistake to switch to wet tyres after one lap (but with slicks i was already only sideways) cause after another 3 laps it go back to dry tyres, so next stop. Then the question was make i two further stops cause tyrewear or only one. Problem because almost 60 minutes to go. I tried with one stop and pitted again with 30 min to go. I was thinking maybe weather change again and i can switch but it doesn´t so my tyres became worner and worner :tongue:. Was around 13th place and behind me Wesley make some pressure but could hold my line to stay in front. We close the gap to Michael, i could pass him but with a from my point little "unfair" move he took the position back. Anyway i was from this point more looking to stay on track and infront the others :wink:. Then Marcin who made the two stop variation pass me with the better tyres. Then also Adam came up, this time together with Wesley again side by side on start finish line. Was a bit too fast first lefthander, Adam pass me left but good for me Wesley was gone, he had a fatality crash :redface: behind me so at least 13th in finish.
For me really hard race in this conditions. The rain tyre overheated and the dry tyre got no temperature so i was struggeling all the race. I pray for dry in Rattlesnake Point. Dry Yury, you understand that massage :rolleyes: --> rain :no:, dry
6.gif

Congrats to Hugo and podium guys, very good race. Also well done Ivo for unfortunately another 4th place beside the podium.

:thanks: all for racing i had also my fun at the end of the race :redface: cu next week.

Had a grate time during this TCC, until race 4 i mean. But the way things are handled i must say, i'm no longer with you for the last race. I hope for a race with no incidents, so good luck all.

Mikka, i made a choice to make the incident reports public and let all the drivers give their opinion. The final decision is made by me. I know that I can't make everybody happy but I'll not accept that people quitting with the league because of this.

Had a grate time during this TCC, until race 4 i mean. But the way things are handled i must say, i'm no longer with you for the last race. I hope for a race with no incidents, so good luck all.

Hej Mika!

I don't know you or have ever talked to/chatted with you, but I'd like to ask you to reconsider your decision. Not because of nothing, I'm just a driver here and I have no second intentions nor is anybody telling me to do this, just writing to you on my own.

But... after you let the storm go by and give it a fresh air, why not continue racing with us? If you think the admins' poll was a mistake, well, now they've changed their minds and will do it differently. But everybody can make a mistake and perhaps deserve a second chance, you, me, Hugo and Yuri if that's the thought...

Besides, this is supposed to be fun, not for us to get stressed the rest of the week. We'd be more than happy if you didn't leave, and even if they do give you a penalty, you should get over it, for tomorrow is another day.

Please don't leave because of the incident. However, if you think it's the best decision... nice to have raced with you.

Cheers.

@Simon: ouch, awfully bad luck, happened to me once in a mini league race at Puebla speeding out of the last turn with about one or two lap to go and me in the best position I ever had in that tournament (sth. like 5th or 6th). To make it worse, the guy in front was already a lap down ... One certainly feels devastated.

On Quali P18 and I was satisfied.

On the beginning of the race I was hit by Aristide Romanov very hardly. I made a mistake pitting to change the tyres for wets. After change David Garcia spun in front of me on T1 and I destoyed my car, but could have gone on, but with terrible steering. Pitted again, fixed car and changed tyres. After it alone race and pitted one more time to change the tyres. No history, I do not like this track and happy I finished on P16.

Well short report from me guys as Im in college.

Qually: Timed my lap to near perfection and grabbing pole by 4 tenths. But I consider myself abit of a wet specilist and was praying for a wet race.

Race: so forecast was dry......but it wasnt it was rain. First off to those who moaned about my formation lap I slowed it down to see what the weather would do :). I then dived in for wets thinking its raining hard and pretty fast but then within 6-7 laps its a dry track again. For me it seemed totally unrealistic (so did the rest of the race) and my thoughts and thinking where also realistic and that was my mistake. So throughout the race swaping and changing tyres but I did have some good battles. So thumbs up for those guys as it was clean and fun. And then the last lap im catch Yuri by 2 seconds in half a lap as im flying. Then last corner hes 1 second away and uncatchable. But then mika nd Yuri get tangled and give me 2 spots...lovely jubbly.

I was confident that if the race was wet Id win as I just love the rain. But for me the weather was unrealistic and my experience of this changing weather in none so I sucked big time.

Cheers Yuri and RD.

How the weather is generated? Automatically or someone writes it manually?

For me was unrealistic forecast for dry and immediately it started raining. I understand after 20 minutes but after the start with the forecast dry is something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes