2010 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
But still he fails in that momments... look at other drivers, they probably are same upset, they are probably insulting the guy that they think in that momment they did wrong to them, but they don't say anything, maintain his helmet on, and wait one day to go on TV saying very kind words that they don't feel at all, but it pays off because for some people the "truth" is what they "see", no further analysis, that's why advertisement works :)

Whatever... It is clear Alonso di wrong with Petrov at the end, but some guys here would send Alonso to the electric chair, and he only moved his hands a bit...

But still he fails in that momments... look at other drivers, they probably are same upset, they are probably insulting the guy that they think in that momment they did wrong to them, but they don't say anything, maintain his helmet on, and wait one day to go on TV saying very kind words that they don't feel at all, but it pays off because for some people the "truth" is what they "see", no further analysis, that's why advertisement works :)

Xose I dont think it has to do with Alonso maintaining his helmet.
For Example here in the world of Sim-Racing there are alot of drivers who have lost championships or chanses of having a great win because of some other driver but I don't belive the majority of them would after the moment they finish the race they would still be mad at the driver who was holding them up and say bad things about him.

I think we ALL in here have experienced that, but we shouldn't blame the driver who was holding us up because in Petrov's case he was trying to impress Renault which he probably did and in our case the driver infront might want to get for a first time a better result then before.

I just think that Alonso's reaction was not needed in this case.

Bad? I said amateur, just like me.

Startegy? What streategy? Petrov was not going to stop again... sorry Giorgos, but sometimes I loose you, and I am doing an effort.

If you said amatuer Well it still means the same thing in the way that you wrote it.

Anyhow, when I say strategy then it doesn't mean pit stop. Think about it, Alonso gain time on Petrov on a specific sector and on an other one he loses time. Why not try to find a way for alonso to let Petrov go a few metres infront and then catch him on the sector which Alonso gains most of the time to pass him. Thats one way to look at strategy. (thats atleast how I think about it when I am going to overtake someone who is almost as quick as me but might be losing time somewhere which in a chain reaction makes me lose time too if I stay to close)

For me was not needed, and was not ok, and I don't think Petrov did anything wrong at all.

What I say is it was understandable, because Petrov was occupied in blocking him more than racing (legitimatly anyway), and he was frustrated because he had a bad setup and lost the WC in big part because of Petrov.

It's also curious that the international signal showed that when they missed all the things he said in team radio in the GPs Alonso won :rolleyes:

For Example here in the world of Sim-Racing there are alot of drivers who have lost championships or chanses of having a great win because of some other driver but I don't belive the majority of them would after the moment they finish the race they would still be mad at the driver who was holding them up and say bad things about him.

I think we ALL in here have experienced that, but we shouldn't blame the driver who was holding us up because in Petrov's case he was trying to impress Renault which he probably did and in our case the driver infront might want to get for a first time a better result then before.

Giorgos you can talk about you, or about someone you knoe closely. I am really hot blooded, last year a guy sent me off track in my karting champiosnhip when I was leading the race, and the most beautifull thing I said to him was: ************ (Well you can imagine what it was).

can't wait for the 2014 campaign (if i have a shot). 2012 aswell with the u.s. circuit. India circuit will be interesting and would like to see what changes the korean circuit will have
david were the leading the championship and was he intentionaly wrecking you?

While I can understand Alonso's frustration... he should have been able to pass Petrov without question, and without any help. Petrov was driving for his F1 life, and he just flat out, out drove Alonso... otherwise, Alonso and Webber would have passed him! Just like in Germany... Alonso should have been able to pass Massa outright without team orders to throw the race. Alonso just didn't get a "gimme" from Petrov!!

Cheers for Vettel!! Great driver, great car, great team and great season = WDC!!

If you said amatuer Well it still means the same thing in the way that you wrote it.

Anyhow, when I say strategy then it doesn't mean pit stop. Think about it, Alonso gain time on Petrov on a specific sector and on an other one he loses time. Why not try to find a way for alonso to let Petrov go a few metres infront and then catch him on the sector which Alonso gains most of the time to pass him. Thats one way to look at strategy. (thats atleast how I think about it when I am going to overtake someone who is almost as quick as me but might be losing time somewhere which in a chain reaction makes me lose time too if I stay to close)

It doesn´t work like this on F1 Giorgos. In F1 you have 3 overtaking point at one circuit as much (or 1), and then you need to be faster on straights to overtake the guy infront of you, otherwise it is not possible to overtake. You cab play chess in the meantime, , or play risk, but no strategy will work if you are not faster.

This is not correct. Why do you think there is a rule that you need to cool down for 24h before making an incident report? ;)

Men of the Championship

Vettel- World Champion
Alonso- Bit of a (prat) but worthy runner up
Webber- Deserved to win
Hamilton- Exciting, but unreliable
Button- Consistant, but not fast enough
Kubica- Plain and simply the fastest man outside of the above
Kobayashi- Without this man, season excitements nosedives
Petrov- This man decided the championship, full stop.
Schumacher- Did much better than people will give him credit for, watch out for him in 2011.

Well despite being hot in the car afterwards which is understandable when the adrenaline is flowing. alonso though on his interview with british tv afterwards actually congratualted Petrov on his solid, mistake free race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 109 69.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.1%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 21.0%