2010 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a good circuit for overtaking. This guy who desing those new circuits (I forgot his name) always makes the same thing. Long straights followed by high angle curves. It's not the best combination. As example, here in Brasil, Ayrton Senna helped to desing the circuit and created his "S" at the end of the boxes straight, and there are lots of places for overtaking. They should ask drivers opnion in this cases.
I think only in sector two first straight, where Hamilton and Kubica pass Kobayashi, was a good point to make it.

Anyway, i agree that the "title is in good hands, although McLaren cheers"! Vettel is pure Talent, the fastest driver this year, and seens to be a very cool guy. He comit some mistakes, but who doesn't?!

pity it wasn't Webber, have supported him ever since his daredevil drives in the black Minardi, but it was not to be. At the end of the day it looks as if you need to go where it hurts and that's where the more levelheaded drivers like Heidfeld, Button or Webber at times fail to show up. Great season in incredibly ugly cars, let's hope the three new teams (whi - I think - did really well) can come back next season and let's hope for some more stylish rides, lol.

What our TV said was that Renault has the best working F-duct system and that's why they're incredibly fast in straights. And as Petrov didn't make any major mistakes there, it was nearly impossible for Alonso to pass him!

Swedish TV stinks, the commentators don't know what they are talking about and they are BIG Ferrari fans and sometimes (always TBH) they are digging graves for several drivers since they say so much bad stuff about them when it goes bad and good when they are doing well. Thats not how commentators are ment to be.

What let Alonso down was the strategic call by Ferrari, poor decision. After that, Petrov actually drove really well, would seem it is just an experience issue.

Look out for Mercedes and Schumacher next year! Schumacher has done much better than he should have done this season (particularly towards the end) and not enough people will acknowledge that.

Very entertaining end of the season. Too bad Alonso is such a bad looser. The "gesture" he made to Petrov after the finish was not so nice. As said he lost due to an strategic fault from the team not by the way Petrov drove. So congrats to the new WC.

FALONSO'S outbursts are exactly what the sport needs...ie, someone showing some passion.
I would've murderised Petrock had he held me up for so long.
This is exactly why Alonso is my favourite driver in F1, he has the fire in the belly and is extremely passionate.

I was hoping Webber would come through because this really was his last chance at the title. Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton, Button etc all have plenty of time age-wise but Webber is running out every season.
And now you can be assured that Vettel has the No.1 status in the team which won't help Mark at all. I would be very surprised if he can come back next year to win.

Well done to Vettel, he was the class of the field.

Swedish TV stinks, the commentators don't know what they are talking about and they are BIG Ferrari fans and sometimes (always TBH) they are digging graves for several drivers since they say so much bad stuff about them when it goes bad and good when they are doing well. Thats not how commentators are ment to be.

Sorry but I have to defend Eje Elgh and Jan Blomqvist on this one.
They know what they talk about and they should, Eje Elgh has a long racing backround in sports cars and openwheel series he knows what he talks about, Jan hasn't got that but he has done this for 8-9 years and is doing it very well.
And they are not biased towards any team not are they talking bad about drivers.

Congratulation to Red Bull and Vettel from an Italian Ferrari fan i live close to factory.
In my opnion sport has won , Alonso won two titles because of pure luck, first one against Raikkonen who broke 100 engines, in a season, and got accidents whit his team mate Montoja, in 2006 Schumi broke his engine at Suzuka when was first, after the most spectacular chapmionship remounts in the history of F1, this year i'm sorry for him but when is enought is enought !!
Fernando is a really solid driver , but Hamilton and Vettel has something called "tealent" (i still hope that Schumi will be back next year) our beloved F1 will gain only.
Of course this is my opnion i'm watching F1 from Lauda times and i have been a driver too.
Kind Regards
Jack

It's so funny to read all the passionate debates in this thread, often getting a bit too personal really. :)
The best thing to come out of this years championship was that F1 has become interesting again, finally we have a larger number of teams and drivers who are genuinely competing for the wins. F1 has needed this for a while now and I hope it continues next year with even closer racing.

Well done to Seb Vettel, in the end he was a deserving champion, consistently the fastest and mainly only struggled with engine or tyre failures. Red Bull were also the best Team overall too.

I had hoped for Webber but I don't think anyone can doubt the fastest man (well almost a man.. :wink:) won it.

As for Petrov holding up Alonso... looking at post race classification Alonso completed the race distance in 1:45.107 while Petrov finished it in 1:45.002 and one position up. The Alonso Fan Club may call that holding him up, but there is a proper technical term for it in Formula 1. It is called beating him.

I'll be honest i'm not a big Vettel fan, nor a big fan of red bull, however there is no denying that the amount of raw talent that guy has is pretty amazing and that rb6 was a serious bit of kit, and if vettel had converted all those pole positions into victories then the championship would have wrapped a long time ago. Still no point in ifs or buts now the standings are there for all to see regardless of what team orders were, who crashed into who, whos engine blew and who left the air duct cover in jensons mclaren at monaco! I'm just glad the season was entertaining and everyone regardless of who they want to win all experienced highs and lows throughout the year. So well done seb, just don't get too attached to that no1 on the front of your car next year, I can think of a few people that want it back.....

Fernando beated Schumi two times and wasn't luck believe me, just remember 130R at Suzuka among many other great momments... and I was cheering for the Kaiser at the time too.

But you have Massa, an F1 driver with a lot of experience, 2008 title runner up in the same car, and look how he performed... if Ferrari could fight until the end was because three things:

A) Red Bull weird driver management
B) Red Bull mechanical problems
C) Fernando Alonso drive

But at the end the best team/driver binomia won, as every year.

For me Vettel totally deserve this championship, yes he made some mistakes during the all season, but also the others ones, but when things really matters, the final races, you will see that he was second in Singapore, very close to Alonso, win in Japan, was first in Korea when is engine blow, win in Brazil and today, he definitely was the best.

On other side, Webber was always behind him on those races waiting and claiming to him and RB for help to win the WC. I would like to see this guy in Ferrari with Alonso.:D:D

Fernando Alonso had a load of bad Karma to handle in one of the races after Germany. Today was the best time to spit in his face, and Karma did in the name of Vitaly Petrov. He was better in this race then the whole year. That can't be luck! :p

say after u guys want.. Alonso did drive brilliantly to get ferrari to 2nd spot in drivers championship.. even though this ferrari was quite a troublesome and less competitive.. think of this way.. vettel ten poles.. i dont know how many fast laps.. and this guy has sheer talent.. so he did deserved it as much as alonso and webber..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back