2009 V8 Supercars Season

• Wido Rossen

i`m gonna start a partition to bring the V8`s to zandvoort...:D

Looks like the big Bathurst favourites this weekend are Garth Tander / Mark Skaife (HRT Holden) closely followed by Craig Lowndes / Jamie Whincup (888 Ford). On current form it is hard to go past these strong enduro combinations, but Bathurst is so tough and throws up so many variables, anything is possible.

Personally, I'll go out on a limb and tip Mark Winterbottom / Steven Richards (FPR Ford).
The odds must be against Lowndes / Whincup pulling it off 3 years in a row, but I'd love to see it. :becky:

So you're a Ford man Warren? Good to see, I am too :)

So Jamie Whincup/Craig Lowndes have set the fastest time with a 2:07.5975, only seven tenths off Greg Murphy's (unofficial) lap record. Anyone dare to bet that the lap record will be beaten this year?

• Jaius Dewing

GO YOU HOLDENS!!!! They tried to schedule me on at work and I told them id quit if they tried making me work Sunday while Bathurst is on... not to mention I had requested it off over 2 months ago!

Ill be having a big BBQ with all the boys and enjoyin watchin Holdens reclaim Bathurst!! Tander and Skaife going to bring it home....

• Wido Rossen

I put my money on Tander/Skaife.
Gart put in some good results and Mark has the potential to do so.

Looking forward to some good close racing....:whoo:

• Wido Rossen

Time`s for Bathurst at MotorsTV.

Saturday 22:00 till Sunday morning 09:00 live coverage off the Bathurst 1000
That`s in conflict with our last WTCC league race....:doh:

Maybe with the utes to drive first i`m gonna make it.

Looks like the big Bathurst favourites this weekend are Garth Tander / Mark Skaife (HRT Holden) closely followed by Craig Lowndes / Jamie Whincup (888 Ford). On current form it is hard to go past these strong enduro combinations, but Bathurst is so tough and throws up so many variables, anything is possible.

Personally, I'll go out on a limb and tip Mark Winterbottom / Steven Richards (FPR Ford).
The odds must be against Lowndes / Whincup pulling it off 3 years in a row, but I'd love to see it. :becky:

Looks like a good tip - Winterbottom on pole :)

I think Whincup/Lowndes are the best chance and have the best pace atm Apparently he was on to do a 2:06.5 in Friday practice but lost it at the last corner. They also still have 2 sets of brand new tyres, compared to FPR's 0 and HRT's 1.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back