2009 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It seems the Ferrari Board were misinformed. The FIA has offered the teams three options, one of which is the so-called standard engine, and another that the manufacturers should jointly guarantee to supply power trains to the independent teams for less than €5m per season."

Taken from here: http://www.f1technical.net/news/10919

Ferrari won't pull out and there won't be standard engine, but rest assured the FIA wants to push SOMETHING through.

Standard engines would effectively tear the soul from F1 (not that it has much of a soul) .I don't know what the answer is to the financial woes of the series but this would be the wrong way to go IMO.

BBC for next year as everyone knows.

Also Bruno Senna should be on the grid next year>
Bruno Senna offers US$ 14 million to Toro Rosso for 2009

Brasileiro tem fortes patrocinadores e apoio do co-proprietário da Toro Rosso.

Reportagem da "Folha de S.Paulo" desta sexta-feira informa que Bruno Senna ofereceu US$ 14 milhões (quase R$ 30 milhões) à Toro Rosso para correr por ela em 2009, pois não quer ser piloto de testes, pretende ser titular logo.

Enquanto negocia com a equipe da Red Bull e de Gerhard Berger, o brasileiro trabalha com outra possibilidade, a Honda, pela qual testará em Barcelona no próximo mês.

O jornalista Fábio Seixas também diz que a entrevista coletiva da Petrobras para anunciar parceria com a equipe japonesa foi cancelada por pressão da Williams, com a qual tem contrato até em 31 de dezembro.

A Toro Rosso segue no aguardo. "Estamos em negociações e não há nada decidido ainda sobre a dupla do ano que vem. Não há um prazo para o anúncio e não há pressa", disse Fabiana Valenti, assessora de imprensa da escuderia, à "Folha".

A favor do sobrinho de Ayrton Senna, vice da GP2 em 2008, estão fortes patrocinadores e apoio de Berger, que era amigo do tio tricampeão do novato.

A messy Google translation of it in English:
The Brazilian has strong support from sponsors and the co-owner of Toro Rosso.

This Friday announced Bruno Senna offered $ 14 million (to Toro Rosso to run it in 2009. He doesn't want to be a pilot test.

While negotiating with the team of Red Bull and Gerhard Berger, the Brazilian working with another possibility, the Honda, which will test in Barcelona next month.

The journalist Fabio Seixas also says that the Petrobras press conference to announce partnership with the Japanese team was canceled under pressure from Williams, with whom a contract until December 31.

The Toro Rosso following in waiting. "We are in negotiations and nothing is decided yet on the double next year. There is no deadline for the announcement and there is no hurry," said Fabiana Valenti,'s press advisor Escuder.

Proponents of Ayrton Senna's nephew, the vice GP2 in 2008, are strong sponsors and support of Berger, who was arsehole of the uncle tricampeão rookie.

+
http://www2.uol.com.br/teojose/noticias/ult794u59287.shl

Translation (by Maddie25):

Honda confirms tests with Bruno Senna

The final details of the first tests of the Brazilian, Bruno Senna in F1 for the Honda team have already been discussed in Interlagos this weekend.

According to information released by the German press agency, SID, the tests will happen in the third weekend of November and will have as an objective to give a seat to the driver in 2009.

The official confirmation should be made next week, after the driver and the team decide on the details such as the amount of days and other aspects. In a media interview the driver said he still had not signed any contract.

"I hope that with these tests I can show everyone that I am prepared to enter F1' Said Bruno.

The other option for the Brazlian would be Torro Rosso, the team of co-owner Gerhard Berger, old friend of his uncle, Ayrton. 'I believe that I could learn a lot with them. It would be a good start for me' he concluded.

• Dannevang

Toyota and Ferrari leave in 2010?

Hi
Do you think Ferrari and Toyoto will leave F1 in 2010?
Or do you think it is just to scare people?

I already have the feeling that Ferrari will leave and focus fully on A1GP, since the moment that they announced to make the engine and cars for that series.
They wont have any competition any more and the whole series can grow out to be a Ferrari-promo-campaign...
About Toyota, are there rumours that they will leave as well then?

If this news item is more then a rumour i do not understand why his management would offer money for a seat in the f1. It seems that it hardly happens anymore these days that drivers have to pay for their seat.

The last years there was some sort of mystic hype where Bruno came. I think it was Ayrton himself who said: "if you think that i am fast, you should see my nephew"...

Kinda sad that this alien talent has to buy himself in, which imho doesnt do his reputation very good...

'Proponents of Ayrton Senna's nephew, the vice GP2 in 2008, are strong sponsors and support of Berger, who was arsehole of the uncle tricampeão rookie.'

Google translated it to that???

'Proponents of Ayrton Senna's nephew, the vice GP2 in 2008, are strong sponsors and support of Berger, who was arsehole of the uncle tricampeão rookie.'

Google translated it to that???

Haha I don't know how "amigo" becomes that! Google is a crazy thing.

Yeah I agree that almost no-one buys their seat anymore. The fact that none of the teams are that impressed with him yet would suggest he's not quite ready yet. But he isn't getting any younger, I guess he just wants in.

The Toyota big bosses gave the Toyota F1 team 2 years to start performing as well as their bank account suggests they should otherwise they pull out (they said that early this year). Given that lack of absolute confidence, I wouldn't be surprised to see Toyota leave whether standard engine were introduced or not.

• Ian Landry

I personally think that both sides are positioning themselves for a negotiation. FIA are bringing out the standardized engine argument, and the big teams are threatening to leave... in the end it will most likely be a compromise between the two.

But as Jamie said, if the Toyota doesn't start improving next year with all the new regulations, they will be out soon enough.

Ian

i think that make one engine and gearbox for all the team will kill formula 1, whats the point for Ferrari, Toyota, Honda and BMW to be in F1 if they can't use their own engine and gearbox. the FIA forget that those car makers are in F1 cause it help them sell car to the general population ( ok maybe not ferrari ). it show to the public how good their car are.:yo:

I honestly doubt either of the 2 will leave. They have both put in way to much money and time to just leave. Honestly i think they are just throwing their weight around to get things going in their favour. I do agree that a one make F1 would be a waste of time. We already have A1 and GP2 to fill those spots.
Lets hope that next year is as good and exiting as this year, albeit without the off track drama

• Carlos Fu

Hi all:

I think this is a rumors only. The result will be know in the mid of the 2009 F1 league.
I think FIA will have some changes and support them.
It will be sad Toyota and Ferrari leaves F1, since they really spend a lot for the improvements.
Hope it will not happend.

Given the current world financial position I think if there isn't a way to make F1 more cost effective to run it may be more than Ferrari and Toyota gone.
I think its going to be fairly hard to get sponsorship money in the future if your not producing results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back