2009 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIA planning standard engines in 2010?

Read some stuff on this over f1racing. My main question is:

What is in there for all the car manufacturers to keep being a part of this series?

• Andrew Evans

it's all part of max's masterplan... the races are like chess and the construction will be like lego...

It's a handy way to get rid of the naughty rebellious little manufacturers out from under Mosley's feet isn't it? All under the guise of 'cutting costs' too! A great tactical move, but not one I approve of.

What the :censored: ? standart engines in F1? :nono: Then they could also give everyone the same car, so stupid. In other racing series its ok to give all drivers the same car to look who is the best driver, but not in F1 :nono:

The best car builder with the best driver thats F1

• Alan Chan

Pau maybe not suitable for playing F1..
becoz it's very tight.......

Now this will be interesting. Traditionally Ferrari stand by the FIA but for them to come out first and say something so sweeping is quite significant.

Either that or is a huge choreographed dance between Ferrari and the FIA to squash rumours that they are working to closely together.

I agree though thtat the engine rules are daft. Why oh why don't they focus on the real problem which is that F1 driving has become overly refined.

for starters what about a 'downforce test' to sanction car parts like they do for crash testing. If you change the design of bodywork on the car then take it to an FIA sancitoned wind tunnel, pop it on the scales and turn it on. If at various preset speeds the weight of the car exceeds preset criteria then the car is viewed as generating too much downforce and you declare that body/wing set illegal.

Ferrari are threatening to review their participation in Formula One if plans to introduce a standard engine for all teams go ahead from 2010.:D

Ferrari is only playing poker (as always LOL, and bluffing a lot:)) also the other teams are against 1 engine for all teams. So this has no chance. I say we will never see 1 engine for all teams:
FIA is simply testing the limits how far they can go with new rules, thats all :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back