2008 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, ja dat ook. Persoonlijk vond ik het verloop in ons team te groot. Teveel mensen en te weinig echte cohesie in het team.
Ik zou het prettiger vinden als de groep kleiner is waarmee we rijden (4 a 5 personen?). Finland heeft bewezen hoe je kunt groeien gedurende het seizoen met een klein aantal coureurs.

Well it was a hard race for me, made a backside of qualifying and never got a time but for some reason i started 1st from the bunch of us who also screwed it up.
Race was ok but i could not string it together, i had planned on looking after my tyres and going the full 60 minutes without stopping, but when the race was reduced to 45 minutes i should of maybe been a touch more aggressive with the camber but i do not think it would of mattered much because after 25 minutes or so i found it hard to stay focused and when Nigel came up behind me on the straight i just lifted to let him through hoping he could catch the team englandshire car in front of us.
In the last lap i like a few others nearly ran dry of fuel and i had to short shift for the whole lap just to make it home, no big problem as the car behind me i thought was Neil T but when i saw Tim screeming up beind me on the straight i just could not hold him back and we almost both never made it home but i got there in 8th place (i think but not sure) spluttering across the line with i think 0.29L of fuel left in the tank.

"Good result" is the understatement of the century mate ... I am still jumping around like a loony :woot2: ... the wife and kids have gone out and left me on my own to calm down a bit :p

Racing at GH was nice way to finish this great league!

I was quite worried if my computer is strong enough to run the game on that track with almost full grid. Luckily it did and I could race.

Qualifying went well and luckily I tried more than one lap in a row because on second fast lap I noticed that engine cooling duct set 2 wasn't enough. I set it to 3 and hoped it would be good for the race. On my fastest lap I did a small mistake which cost me maybe 0,5 seconds but otherwise it went as well as possible and finished 1st only 0,2 seconds ahead of Tim.

Warmup really scared me. Could it be a wet weather in a race? YES? So I did some quick wing changes to get little bit more grip to rear and hoped for dry.

Luckily the race weather was dry and hot. Beforehand I was worried how my tires will last during the race because of my rally driving style. :) Anyway, I got a nice start and immediately noticed that other drivers had much more wing in their car than I and they were putting pressure on me on twisty sections of the track. On the other hand I was much faster on long straights and especially at uphills which gave me a great chance to get my position back even if I would lose it.

That faster on straights and slower in corners was name of the game on first laps. I did a small mistake and James went to 1st. Then managed to overtake him on a long straight and kept my lead some moments until I did couple of mistakes again and he took the lead. Then some moments later I saw him going off very badly and that was practically end of the real racing for me and I started to concentrate to bring car to finish in one piece. (that wasn't so easy)

Congratulations to all who survived through the race!

I'm looking forward to next season of NGP. :good:

Congrats guys for giving it a shot.

Well, season 1 is over. I'd say that all up it has been a success considering the lack of drivers (seems like some of our compatriots are too precious to get up early in the morning).

Next season I'm not sure if it'll be possible for us to participate. I don't want to be a downer, but it seems apart from us 3, there isn't anyone really interested in representing Team Aus, which is a real shame. Even now I can'[t race in the series, which leaves us with only 2 drivers.

Oh well, maybe some more people will join...

Ik doe volgend seizoen weer mee, wie nog meer?

Code:
Team Nederland RDNGP 2009/10 interesselijst[LIST=1]
[*]Bram Hengeveld
[*]Naam
[*]Naam
[*]Naam
[*]Naam
[*]Naam
[*]Naam
[*]Naam
[*]Naam
[*]Naam
[/LIST]

Knippen/plakken en aanvullen maar :dance2:

• Theo Loonstra

Ik zou graag meedoen maar mijn kwaliteiten als Sim racer zijn nog niet echt goed genoeg om me met jullie te meten ben ik bang.

Btw houden de nederlanders hier ook een soort van DTCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 11.1%