2008 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Hi

I was thinking after the WTCC world championships or maybe during (Probably after :))We could have a fun race. Nothing much different there but the there are teams. Still no difference there really to the WTCC or a race night but heres the difference. The teams are your country! You have eg Team France with such and such and Team Spain with such and such. Skinners could provide special skins etc. It could only be one event but its only an idea :) What do you guys think??

It would be very cool to run a league after the WTCC with countries.

Sort of A1gp series, but with wtcc cars and hopefully some beautifull skins.

But maybe there will be some problems with driver selections for each country as usually you only have 2/4 spots.

It would be very cool to run a league after the WTCC with countries.

Sort of A1gp series, but with wtcc cars and hopefully some beautifull skins.

But maybe there will be some problems with driver selections for each country as usually you only have 2/4 spots.

Yeah I suppose but there could be one of 3 ways:

1. Pre-qually (Superpole style!) where top 2 drivers race for there countries

2. There could be more than one team. A France1 and France2 for example.

3. If the pre-qually is chosen the combined time of the 2 drivers is added up and if the combined time is the fastest your 2 drivers are on the front row etc.

I think option two isn't really good, hehe, I personally don't like Nation teams split up in part 1 and part 2. Just get it all together in one big team.

I personally really adore option 1, but a new problem maybe comes with that and that is that some countries maybe only have 1 racer. A solution to it is to tell everyone: Look, this are the 12/24 nations that are racing - no other countries are allowed. Bit rude maybe, but it is a solution.

Thereby we just can say things here, but I think the RD staff has to look at it if it is possible with servers and if it is even possible to hold a second big championship.

It also takes some time... end this year ;).

Yeah. Instead of team UK I think we should have Team England, Team Scotland, Team Northern Ireland etc therefore more teams and more chance of me getting in! :D

i like the idea... recommend 3 car teams though.

or maybe 1 for each car class... makes sure each country is even split rather than have single class or germany in its bmw's while others have hondas...

i like the idea... recommend 3 car teams though.

or maybe 1 for each car class... makes sure each country is even split rather than have single class or germany in its bmw's while others have hondas...

Yeah 3-cat teams would be good :thumb: Although im not sure about only Germany having BMW;s but I like the idea of each team has 1 of of each car.

The idea of this is nice; but why WTCC?

Race07 has also such cars as FBMW; sweet to drive and Open Wheeler like the A1GP :)

Qualify/group format: What if a team is max 3 drivers. Then we could have Team NL 1 (3 drivers), 2 (3 drivers), 3 etc. Team France 1, 2, 3 etc...etc.etc.
Only 1 driver in a team is to do a limited amount of laps in prequal (for example max 4 hotlaps) to decide the group for the whole team. The driver is not allowed to do prequal for the next 2 rounds then, to make sure the team is not always using its fastest driver for this.

The idea of this is nice; but why WTCC?

Race07 has also such cars as FBMW; sweet to drive and Open Wheeler like the A1GP :)

Qualify/group format: What if a team is max 3 drivers. Then we could have Team NL 1 (3 drivers), 2 (3 drivers), 3 etc. Team France 1, 2, 3 etc...etc.etc.
Only 1 driver in a team is to do a limited amount of laps in prequal (for example max 4 hotlaps) to decide the group for the whole team. The driver is not allowed to do prequal for the next 2 rounds then, to make sure the team is not always using its fastest driver for this.

FBMW is also a good shout. like the idea of rotating drivers too - will give a chance for drivers less skilled to take part in the fun. (i include myself in this group)

A truly brilliant and inspirational idea Ross,i would be happy with FBMW,the best part of all this if it comes together is the potential for the skinners amongst us to really dazzle us with some country flags based artwork,and also a very good stage to show off the truly multi-national scene here at RD:thumb:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%