2008 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, again a totall freeze up: DNF

What a great track for these cars i thought during practice and qualy. The race proved it. Was looking forward to keep in Tim's slipstream, but already in lap 2 i saw smoke coming from his engine (ambient temp was high) and he dropped back some spots.
Immediately in lap 2 i noticed why there was a gap between me and others: my car totally lacked topspeed. It was really cool to see that in every corner and every straight Benny Benchmark pulled away from me and in the second sector the team holland trim rocked the world in gaining a few seconds. We choose to start with full wings on the car :D

In lap 5 i had my first lock up causing me to spin (1 sec screen freeze) and it happened again in just before the last straight and that was my end of the race.

These issues came with the latest patch, before that the game ran perfectly. If this doesnt get solved with a new path soon, i am gonna delete the game and then this was my final race in Evo.

well - race report time..... just trying to pick the right point to start this one....

i woke up.

was late leaving work

was held up getting home

practice went well....

quali beached it on a curb

go to grid and get phoned by work pull over to side of track. get around to pits while laptop booting up. complete first lap 32minutes later.

head off to do a couple more laps, realise that just as starting lap 4 the times do not match up... server had dropped me.

there we go... my race... :(

wouldn't mind so much but worked my ass off getting people interested in this then end up missing out on it. hey ho... thats life i suppose.

2 of 3 NGP races this season i get called out by work, i truely deserve that number 13 car! :D

Thanks to you all though for making it to the challenge, hope yours went better than mine did!

Didn't set a lap in quali so I started dead last. Managed to make it up into 5th but there was a couple more laps than I thought there would be so I had to make a pitstop, dropping me to 6th. Trying to chase down 5th again I spun on the first corner and dropped to 7th. I was then punted off into the barrier and lost my wing so I quit.

looool what a way to finish the race
spun some
was putting top 5 speed though until the 4/5 times that i spun
then ran out of fuel on last lap on straight......loooooooooooool

Tnx Nigel for the push....but it was no help as we reached the hill....sorry for everyone else if we were in the way :)

Gd Race, 8th place opening 3 laps was a close 0.5sec behind andreas then i hit the back of him loosin my front wing, then dropped to 15th made back up to 10th, stayed there for a bit. Then lost the front wing again :O

GG y'all proper job

Started midpack (13th with a PB, yippi!) so the first lap was pretty hectic. Looking in my mirrors and on the guys in front. Then I had fights with two of the Scottish cars (not at the same time) but both made mistakes and after lap 4 I think I was I was all alone. I had pretty good straight line speed as one of the dark blue cars couldn't slipstream pass me on the long, long straight. Really bad grip towards the end though...

I ended up 4th which I am very happy about considering my starting position. Must have been close on fuel as I got the warning at the beginning of the last lap.

Grats to Hannu, Ben and Lee! Great driving from you all!

Qualifying: 11th. Was hoping for a good one.

Race: *sigh*... Started pretty well, and had a good dice with Hansi for about half a lap, but I spun off of my own accord and lost the front wing. Pitted, and was almost dead last. I lost the front wing again... had to pit for the second time. By the third time the splitter came off, I felt it was best to retire, for fear of putting others in danger. Well, that's what happens when you get up at 4am to race... :smirk:

The racing was pretty fun while it lasted, though. Clean driving from everyone. :good:

Here's to a great first season of RDNGP, and here's to the inevitable second season! :beer:

Rhys :D

Gd Race, 8th place opening 3 laps was a close 0.5sec behind andreas then i hit the back of him loosin my front wing, then dropped to 15th made back up to 10th, stayed there for a bit. Then lost the front wing again :O

GG y'all proper job

That must have been a very light hit. I can't remember feeling it but I do remember you getting bigger and bigger very fast in my mirrors :)

*sigh*... DNF. I must have been too tired to keep my front wing on. Sorry. :disapointed:

Still, this whole season was lots of fun to compete in. Great racing guys, and here's hoping Team Australia will be firing on all cylinders next season! :beer: :laugh2:

omg ... too excited to post ... (EDIT: Nearly)

Rough overview:
Qualied 8th, but had a rubbish start (rolling back on grid and not ready with revs for lights going out :doh:) so Nigel landed T1 in front of me ... had the lap of the millennium behind Nigel with first Hansi then Christopher slipstreaming and chomping at my rear wing ...

Christopher ducked under me near end of lap which I knew was a mistake cos of slipstream on straight ... that played out perfectly for me as I dropped into the final turns in front of the other two.

I then leathered it whilst they tripped themselves up and after a couple of very steady laps (~7:21) found I had caught Bram who was actually quicker in places, but not so tidy as me, so kept losing time :p

Amazing fun battle commenced ... Bram made it away slightly but got squirrely again ... I passed him, then he got under me as we turned right to set off up the long fast uphill bit before 1st carrousel (can never remember names) ... but I had the exit speed on him so got back alongside and then in front of him and pulled a slight gap.
Seems he messed it up shortly after though, cos after a bit more pressure from him, and me playing my cool hand luke face to not let him pressure me back into a mistake ... (as I was now in third and properly screaming OMG inside!!!) ... then suddenly I saw the gap grow and grow.

Ben was now some 18 seconds up the road, and 4th some 26 seconds behind, so I settled for third ... did a couple of steady laps to conserve fuel which was worrying me a bit, but then spotted the time to Ben getting smaller and smaller on the last half lap - he was either in trouble with no splitter or out of fuel.
I picked up the pace once more and was nearly there, but messed up a couple of turns near the end of the lap ... so in the end crossed the line just a couple of seconds behind him.

Gratz to all, thanks everyone for one of my most memorable races yet ... had a stunning evening and really chuffed my first league style podium finish :third: :thumb:

After They Merged the spring and feature Races i thought 22 cars what a great stress in start-up in that big down hill . i stressed out cause i called my high-powered chuck :chuck:.lol
I made no Set-up no Patrice and no quali so started on 21 position uff

My first lap i just sliced one turn wrong , went off the road .. conclusion the all lap my car was a mess . Once again i went to the box made a mess just fixed the nose , and made it wrong , and did´nt corrected any suspensions .lol
Another crazy lap zig zaging ,,,but Chuck stayed with me ufff:chuck:.

again box these one went ok .. stay focus objective finish the race ..than came more motivation after LEE past trough me on 3 position. I thought CHUCK his with him to :chuck:lol.
I finished on 13 or 14 i´m not shore .. for who almost quitted on first lap was no so bad .

LEE Prodded our Flag, Thanks mi casa su casa .

CONGRATULATIONS FOR 3 PLACE .LEE

Thanks to all RDNGP -PT:worship:

Started midpack (13th with a PB, yippi!) so the first lap was pretty hectic. Looking in my mirrors and on the guys in front. Then I had fights with two of the Scottish cars (not at the same time) but both made mistakes and after lap 4 I think I was I was all alone. I had pretty good straight line speed as one of the dark blue cars couldn't slipstream pass me on the long, long straight. Really bad grip towards the end though...

I ended up 4th which I am very happy about considering my starting position. Must have been close on fuel as I got the warning at the beginning of the last lap.

Det var kul :) Iaf dom första varven när man hade någon att fightas med. Sen var väl dom sista 3 varven ganksa tråkiga men det blev ju lite spännande angående om bränslet skulle räcka eller inte :D

Gjorde ett riktigt skitlopp....
Kvalade på 16'e och tyckte det gjorde inte så mycket eftersom det var ett långt race och många skulle göra misstag..... men vem gjorde misstaget om inte jag själv..... halvvägs in på 1'a varvet satte jag bilen lite för brett och spann och tappade framvingen.
Depå och byte och sedan samma sak igen......... klant skalle...
efter 2'a vingen så kunde jag fortsätta konsekvent utan större trubbel men ganska ensam
Slutade 13'e (tror jag... några lämnade innan alla gått i mål)

Får väll skylla på att jag inte kört bara F3000 på slutet samt har bytt ratt för 1 vecka sedan som jag inte är intränad på ännu.... :wink2:

Ha det fint allihopa och vi får väll hoppas vi ses nästa år igen i en ny FBMW omgång

Quali: 4th

Race:

Fairly good start holding 4th place, until Tim spun it and I didn't see brake in front of me (the joy of no brake lights). As a result I locked up, kissed Ben and narrowly missed Tim as he re-entered the track on the racing line in front of everyone. That lap I had to pit and fix the front wing which put me in 17th or 18th place. I managed to work my way up to 6th behind Hansi would unfortunately for him started to run out of fuel so I passed him and finished 5th.

Grats to the top spots! Hannu, Ben & Lee
Really bad quali with almost a minute up to pole, was very slow in the beginning and let some of you faster ones by. Managed to take session best for me in lap 2 with time under 8 minutes, was happy for that.... then it started to go really bad. only after a minute or two in 3:rd lap had to limp home with poor aero, lap 4 another limp to pit, lap 5 got stuck on the parabolica turn, could not get off had to bail out just so that I should not be in the way of Andreas, I think it was, then, game over for me. I think I was over loaded for this event, It just didn't work for me this evening. Thank you all for this season, great fun maybe we will see you next season.
Thank you Hansi for being a perfect team leader, I wish I could have contributed more to team Sweden than I did.

Fastnade på Parabolica kom inte loss och fick hoppa ur. Tack för denna säsongen, ses kanske nästa. Skitlopp för mig, men jag var nog litte för taggad.
Vi ses sär ute, nu hoppar jag på STCC och kör för RedWing racing.

Chaps ... it took me to the last race to do something special for Team Portugal ... but in the end, I got there.

:third: --- yep ... :third: :eek:

Had no real setup, and was still clicking madly with 20 seconds to go before start of race but landed a good one and got my endurance powers set to max.

Really chuffed with this ... probably my best ever RD result, and I dedicate it to Nuno for putting up with us all over the last few months :thumb:
Great job mate ... its not been easy, but finally I guess you could say I found my rhythm with this car :wink2:

Gratz too to Carlos ... just finishing this event is an achievement, but with no practice and no setup ... hats off to ya bud :yo:

Full report here

Boas :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%