2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned

Cars 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
The first pic in the OP of this thread is from the parking/paddock area at Gunma Cycle Center (Gunsai Touge) which should be available here at RD.

I haven't had a play with the AI in a while, I can check in on it. Programming that in a way that it works universally at all tracks can be tricky, though, and some will inevitably end up compromised. AC things...

The first pic in the OP of this thread is from the parking/paddock area at Gunma Cycle Center (Gunsai Touge) which should be available here at RD.

I haven't had a play with the AI in a while, I can check in on it. Programming that in a way that it works universally at all tracks can be tricky, though, and some will inevitably end up compromised. AC things...
I'am totally irrelevant with AC programming things, but is it possible to program it separately for most famous AC tracks?

I'am totally irrelevant with AC programming things, but is it possible to program it separately for most famous AC tracks?

Ok, I've been tinkering with the AI app @ Nords and with a couple tweaks I have it running 5-8sec quicker. It's still a bit hacky (AC AI things) but definitely an improvement. I haven't taken it to other tracks to see the consequences elsewhere, but at the very least it's something that can be adjusted on your end if this is the "one use-case" you need.

@maxmm69 I've also loaded up the yellow one to check that out - it's working fine on my end. For lack of other ideas, guessing something with the CSP version you are/were using? I cannot replicate the problem on 0.1.75 public.

Ok, I've been tinkering with the AI app @ Nords and with a couple tweaks I have it running 5-8sec quicker. It's still a bit hacky (AC AI things) but definitely an improvement. I haven't taken it to other tracks to see the consequences elsewhere, but at the very least it's something that can be adjusted on your end if this is the "one use-case" you need.

@maxmm69 I've also loaded up the yellow one to check that out - it's working fine on my end. For lack of other ideas, guessing something with the CSP version you are/were using? I cannot replicate the problem on 0.1.75 public.
I have to download the car again with the improved Ai? I use CSP 0.1.76-preview136. Are there any particular setting in CSP for Ai?

Yeah, if/when I get around to updating it... or I can send you an open data folder with my changes. (Just rename data.acd so it's backed up & put the data folder in the car folder.)
Sure m8! I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot for your concern and thanks for this beautiful car!

aphidgod updated 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned with a new update entry:

Final Vanilla Update?

Changelog

3d

• nothing

Physics
  • updated side aero
  • reworked tire optimum pressures
  • small adjustment to body inertia
  • adjusted AI

This will be the "final" update for this car using vanilla AC physics. Further updates will begin at v2.0 and will require CSP physics. (Unfortunately it's not backward-compatible so we do what we have to do.)

"Final" is obviously in quotes because in the event something breaks, the 3d changes, or or we...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Extended Physics Update (CSP REQUIRED)

Changelog

3d

• nothing

Physics
  • updated side aero (thanks Arch)
  • reworked tire optimum pressures
  • small adjustment to body inertia
  • adjusted AI

Extended Physics
  • updated to cphys tires & tire heating (thanks Arch)
  • updated to cphys suspension forces (EX=2)
  • updated to cphys SAT (thanks again Arch)
  • active CSP version at release: v0.1.75 Public

This update brings extended physics features to the car. For the most...

For anyone who may be confused:

Today's update is all about cphys implementation, but I couldn't leave the few updates I've made to the vanilla version off... so there's one last update for the vanilla branch & a new, otherwise-identical update to extended physics.

If you don't have CSP or don't want to use the new tires, download v1.25 and stick with it. You'll miss nothing. With any luck there will not be any more vanilla updates. :thumbsup:

If you want to move forward with extended physics, ignore v1.xx going forward and only download v2.x updates.

If you try v2.0 and hate it, go back to v1.25. Again, you'll miss out on nothing except the cphys tires, which you hate. :p

Enjoy!

Last edited:
For anyone who may be confused:

Today's update is all about cphys implementation, but I couldn't leave the few updates I've made to the vanilla version off... so there's one last update for the vanilla branch & a new, otherwise-identical update to extended physics.

If you don't have CSP or don't want to use the new tires, download v1.25 and stick with it. You'll miss nothing. With any luck there will not be any more vanilla updates. :thumbsup:

If you want to move forward with extended physics, ignore v1.xx going forward and only download v2.x updates.

If you try v2.0 and hate it, go back to v1.25. Again, you'll miss out on nothing except the cphys tires, which you hate. :p

Enjoy!

Should I tick some specific box on CSP to make the v2 work or does it work correctly just by running CSP?

Just to be clear, I don't need to enable "Enable extended physics (experimental)", correct?

Thanks - just want to be sure.

PS - I owned an '05 STI but got a BMW M6 because my new wife at the time wanted something snazzy. I miss that car.

Typo fix

Changelog

Download Package
  • added the custom font back to the zipfile - be sure you get your folder structure sorted and installed properly

Physics
  • fixed typo in tire flex
  • adjusted brake power a little bit more

Extended Physics
  • no changes

This update brings the custom font back to the download file (oops) and corrects a typo in the tire data. I also took a little bit more off the max brake power so they aren't quite so...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea