2005 TOYOTA SUPRA JZA80 GT500

Cars 2005 TOYOTA SUPRA JZA80 GT500 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just some tidbits of information about the development in regards the upcoming major update for the 2005 JZA80 GT500.

As many of you are concerned about the performance issue the mod can cause especially if racing in a full grid race session, Shadow has been very busy updating the car itself by optimizing the model itself without sacrificing the perfection it took to make the car for years taken to make it.

The development of the car model itself wasn't a joke - it took a lot of huge undertaking research, blood and sweat to put into perfection you see today.
With that said though - I must admit that in terms of standards the game should have, the current state of the car needs a lot of adjustments to keep it in acceptable polycount.

The goal here is still to keep it under the standards Shadow wants it to be, but with that keeping in mind the changes needed to be done with the car mod.
Nothing is final at the moment we're considering all options we can do to keep the goal we need to achieve at hand.

There will also be a lot of changes in terms with the UVs especially fixing some of them and textures at the same implementing what we've learned from the community in RaceDepartment (with that I would like to thank Acckut and Patrik Merek for sharing the knowledges necessary for me to know in regards improving the assets further in terms of texture projection as well as what to use).

I know the details aren't brief at the moment but I don't want to present you with specific details that aren't finalized to become part of the major update.
But I would like to let you all know that progress are going well as the team check the progress in terms of the changes.

A bit early to say so, but to deliver a bit of hype that the 2005 Honda NSX NA2 GT500 is also developing well at the same time too.

Hopefully on the next couple days I can now present you the changes you'll see on the update, but for now that is all for me to say about it.

Good News: The updated and more accurate TOYOTA JZA80 GT500 '05 3D Model is complete.

With only to bake new AO Maps for every parts left to do before progress will be made on the KS Editor.

LODs are now in development to support better performance in-game so it will be ready for a full grid race sessions without worrying about FPS drops or CTDs.

This is a complete overhaul of the car from ground up so massive improvements will be present when it becomes available to the public.

No worries for those who already made their skins on the previous for that is left unchanged with only tweaks were made to help project the skin liveries better.
We are still looking for someone who can work on the authentic 3UZ-FE Engine Sound Banks for this project. So if anyone is interested on becoming part of the 2005 Super GT GT500 mod project as our Sound Engineer, the position is still open.

Progress will be on-going with the car despite I won't be able to release real-time updates before the month of April starts. Hopefully by the start of May - I will resume communication in a regular basis.

We will make sure that time will take to update the Supra will be worth the wait for everyone to drive again in the near future. Please do look forward on seeing the car in action again once reborn for the better.

Since you've made it this far reading the updates then please continue - further help when needed in any regards necessary about the changes on the car will be announced on a later date. Stay tuned!

Good News: The updated and more accurate TOYOTA JZA80 GT500 '05 3D Model is complete.

With only to bake new AO Maps for every parts left to do before progress will be made on the KS Editor.

LODs are now in development to support better performance in-game so it will be ready for a full grid race sessions without worrying about FPS drops or CTDs.

This is a complete overhaul of the car from ground up so massive improvements will be present when it becomes available to the public.

No worries for those who already made their skins on the previous for that is left unchanged with only tweaks were made to help project the skin liveries better.
We are still looking for someone who can work on the authentic 3UZ-FE Engine Sound Banks for this project. So if anyone is interested on becoming part of the 2005 Super GT GT500 mod project as our Sound Engineer, the position is still open.

Progress will be on-going with the car despite I won't be able to release real-time updates before the month of April starts. Hopefully by the start of May - I will resume communication in a regular basis.

We will make sure that time will take to update the Supra will be worth the wait for everyone to drive again in the near future. Please do look forward on seeing the car in action again once reborn for the better.

Since you've made it this far reading the updates then please continue - further help when needed in any regards necessary about the changes on the car will be announced on a later date. Stay tuned!
Would love to hear what state this remaster is in :)

Would love to hear what state this remaster is in :)
Hes quite busy with real life stuff at the moment as is shadowexplorer. I wish there was more to show at the moment. The physics issues were fixed by myself but its been a while since ive looked through them since I basically stopped modding completely after my hard drive killed itself. Its just one of those moments where there isnt much to stay or show unfortunately.

Last edited:
Hello there!
I noticed 2 small problems...
At first:
Tire pressure seems a little bit off, since it's always too high, sometimes even with 15 psi in the setup...
Second:
The tank is a little bit too small with only 60 litres capacity, which makes the car unpleasant for endurance racing...
It might be unrealistic, but could you provide a version with at least 110 litres? With the tuning-tool I could do that by myself, but I don't like to play around on other peoples work...

Hello, the car is great. but i have a problem with the cockpit view. When I drive out of the box and get faster and faster everything blurs in the front window and even when I drive through a curve everything blurs in the front window. everything becomes very blurred. No other car has that with me! What could I do there?

I get no engine sound from this mod. Is there supposed to be any engine sound at all? I see the sound banks but sounds do not play in game.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.