2005 TOYOTA SUPRA JZA80 GT500

Cars 2005 TOYOTA SUPRA JZA80 GT500 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Summary of the issues everyone gave as a feedback that I have taken note of to fix on upcoming updates to come.

1. Rollcage on R0 is accidentally set in transparent
2. Physics in terms of aero needs improvement
3. Tires a bit grip-y
4. Mirror is flipped
5. Take advantage of doing multi shaders set in carbon fibers and interior.
6. Take advantage of the cinture on/off dummy for possible seatbelts and extra details not needed in-race
7. LODs - needed badly
8. Rollcage needs proper RGB map
9. Some normals for the tire walls needs improvement
10. AI Behavior needs improvement.
11. R3 Interior's rear wall transparent bug

As for the feedback for the throttle and the brake feedback, its really like that in real life especially the brake calipers are always running with water through them.

Last edited:
Erm... Am i seeing this right? 620k+ tris... with no LODs? (according to CM)

I wondered if you perhaps used the 'CINTURE_ON/OFF' dummys to hide some of that extreme detail ingame, but seems there is no 'seatbelt on' at all...

dm0uNnrh.jpg

And all the unseen detail is still ingame.

RUzI3rxh.jpg

I intentionally made it like that, so it's surprisngly running the way I intended it to run!!!
The "only" problem is that all those details are not textured and loded properly...

Considering the whole situation with the project, I'm very happy to see it released in any form :)

I intentionally made it like that, so it's surprisngly running the way I intended it to run!!!
The "only" problem is that all those details are not textured and loded properly...

Considering the whole situation with the project, I'm very happy to see it released in any form :)
It looks great man, just not '600k tri' great, if you know what I mean :D

Take a look at the Kunos Porsche 917/30 for example. It has A LOT of perceived detail, though even with it all displayed it sits around 300k tris. Plus of course they make use of the seatbelt function to remove some of the more hidden stuff from being loaded ingame, as well as the LOD levels which immediately increase the performance.

But I really wouldn't start on LODs till you get the base model under control. Same with the .kn5 file, sat at 100MB its really huge compared to most cars.

Also - would it not make more sense to include the 2k skin files as default, then, if users wish, they can download the 4k ones separately? Right now its the other way round, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. "Download this absolutely humongous file, then if you want slightly better performance using smaller files, then download another pack on top of that..."

You are right, I wanted the 900k in :(
Mate, that's how I wanted to model it, the fact that I never got around to properly lod it and texture it, is unfortunate. However I got the result I wanted from it, when I modeled it 7-8 years ago.

The goal was to have 2 separate versions, A high detailed one (just like the one released)
And a normal version that could be used in races, and it would be easier for others to appreciate in general. Needless to say the normal version never happened.

One more thing to mention, what I would like in the future, is to get rid of that "chivas" in the car`s name. I know it shows who`s the creator (or something), but it just doesn`t look nor appropriate, nor fine. I could name my tracks too, but I just hate using some additional names. I hope you do the same.

One more thing to mention, what I would like in the future, is to get rid of that "chivas" in the car`s name. I know it shows who`s the creator (or something), but it just doesn`t look nor appropriate, nor fine. I could name my tracks too, but I just hate using some additional names. I hope you do the same.
imo its not that bad, especially given that there are plenty of rips of this car around, so better to make the folder name unique. A3Dr does it too, and no one complained ;)

the ai issue has already been fixed and will come in the next patch, as for the z fighting im sure charles will be working on that. as for the folder name i dont see how it makes a difference either way since it has no bearing on the car within the ui of ac launcher or content manager

If AC supports backface culling and its on, that might causing the flickers, there should be a way to turn it off, I don't have that issue over here.
Rendering the backfaces of a mesh would create such a thing at low FOVs, if the surface is thin

If AC supports backface culling and its on, that might causing the flickers, there should be a way to turn it off, I don't have that issue over here.
Rendering the backfaces of a mesh would create such a thing at low FOVs, if the surface is thin
AC does render every face only from the side of its Normal, back face culling by default basically. the issue shown in the video is amplified by multiple layers of mesh that are close together, by using at lest on LOD stage it can be eliminated (your LOD B should most of all get rid of all the engine and drivetrain bits, just everything that no one would see anyway from that distance)

Yes behind the firewall. it really seems to go there..

This is the correct version of the car, it's not really documented, even on best motoring they cut to the '04 trunk...
At the moment the fuel tank sits between the front wheels where the engine would be??

Also the wheel rims are tiny and the tyres have huge walls, rim diameter needs to be made bigger in tyres.ini.

And one last thing 950,0,0 is very bright for the lights on the steering wheel, and rpm leds are also too bright compared to original Kunos content.

Sorry also one more question EDL is active on this car is that true to life?

Last edited:
At the moment the fuel tank sits between the front wheels where the engine would be??

Also the wheel rims are tiny and the tyres have huge walls, rim diameter needs to be made bigger in tyres.ini.

And one last thing 950,0,0 is very bright for the lights on the steering wheel, and rpm leds are also too bright compared to original Kunos content.

You must be reffering to the physics-side of things? If that's so I have no idea regarding that, I commented on the model side of things alone.

Another mod car with wrong, non-Kunos-like previews. Why even bother.
This is the first time ive seen someone disregard a mod because of something as simple as a preview. That aside though you have been particularly rude to the people that are doing this in their free time. Its the horrible attitude of people like you that push modders away from this community.

To fix your issue go here H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\dev\ksPreviewBuilder

change the hdd directory to whatever drive you have it on.

Find the car and change the preview to your beloved kunos preview.

1. yes fuel tank is a little far forward, fixed for next patch.
2. rims are fine, preview conditions and actual data is different. but ill check again just in case, if its wrong ill be changed in the upcoming patch.
3. i dont know where you are getting these numbers from, its 250,0,0,0 . What ppfilter are you using?
4. yes for safety.
Great car. Looking forward to the revisions (and to your GT300s)

I swapped the audio from the Supra in this old GT500 pack. Seems more... brutal, somehow - especially in the cockpit. Rev limits seem to fit better too?
https://mega.nz/#!TFIglYgQ!1WegRVwgUpZ_95J2ZlU3zU3hDVOIu8EXoq1DOdNZtMo
Thanks for the recommendation but we cant take any resources from ripped content, especially from the sounds where I have no clue where they have come from, i dont want to trod on the toes of another modder. As it stands the later V8 supras used an an engine which shared parts with the engine that was later in the ts030 and ts040 so its currently the best we can do.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.