2005 TOYOTA SUPRA JZA80 GT500

Cars 2005 TOYOTA SUPRA JZA80 GT500 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Wow, now looks, feels and drivers superbly ... just :thumbsup:
I will not judge the look of the car, since for that are others, I am only interested into how it drives, so physical model of the car; and I have to say, Man you did an awesome job, truly amazing. Very, very impressed. With a decent setup, which I have to say, is way different than in 1st release, its just a poetry to drive and a pure representation of the astonishing Japanese Super GT series. And fuel consumption seems to be at correct rate too. Thx a lot for all your hard work, really appreciate it.

Aha, not to forget, at Okayama best in v1.51: 1.23.789 :D ;)
--

And,.. Charles Amyouni, please update the main download here on RD with v1.51, not just adding a link, many could just simply overlook, please. It`s only a few kB, but most important ones.
--

One more thing, how many HP did these engines have (maybe you know for the other manufacturers too of that age)? Is there any website with the data, I just cannot find it.

Last edited:
I think @Charles Amyouni should do a poll for the tires because i think the v1.51 tires are very unreal just like the og release. The v1.5 felt sooo good. Going back to the grippy tires felt like playing pcars2 :( If i wanted to play a simcade, i'd fire up pcars2. Not this unreal grippy mod. Visuals are outstanding though.

I think @Charles Amyouni should do a poll for the tires because i think the v1.51 tires are very unreal just like the og release. The v1.5 felt sooo good. Going back to the grippy tires felt like playing pcars2 :( If i wanted to play a simcade, i'd fire up pcars2. Not this unreal grippy mod. Visuals are outstanding though.
You are wrong. Super GT, specially GT500 cars use way "better" grippier tires than anyone else (except f1). Just do some comparison, don`t just talk something, because you think... or what ever.
I am doing a comparison at Okayama (my track, perfect accuracy by distance and elevation), and in 2006 (with same layout) best lap was 1:23.999!! GT3 cars can hardly get sub 1.30 barrier now days. And I did 1.23.7, and lap was pretty much on the limit.
Just for some info, last year best lap was 1.18.5, in 2016 1.18.1!!! Crazy fast and crazy sticky :) ;)
--
Try it for your self, and let me know. There up above I left my setup. Try it.

Last edited:
Regarding the mega links they are a sort of beta test just to make sure we havent completely messed everything up

v1.5 was two to three seconds a lap too slow....
This is dependant on the track, we focused on getting it working properly at okayama which imo is the best track within AC thats on the super gt calendar. 3-2 seconds faster on that track would put us in world record territory, whereas if you are talking about fuji then yes i get where you are coming from. I dont intend on it being perfect everywhere though since I feel like there are two many possible things that could have changed and I'm no way near as talented as a super gt driver. I ultimately want it to be closer to the real laptimes but making it perfect at every track is a very tall order when we dont know how accurate the track mods are as well as a general lack of other references. If you do have suggestions however please pm charles or myself.
This car is effectively a prototype with very grippy tyres for the time, I understand if it feels unreal because your eyes tell you that this is a GT3 car or a GTE car. But do consider that GT3 is the lower class which was basically 8-10seconds slower.
Just check this timings sheet for example. https://www.racingsportscars.com/results/laps/Okayama-2005-03-27-14434.html

Like a DTM car its a prototype/formula "dressed" in Supra bodyparts with way more track oriented suspension and aero. Add low weight (~200 kg less than a R8 GT3) and wider tires.
Contrasting to this everytime i came across a SuperGT broadcast (MotorsTV had it back in the day) I was surprised just how often the driver overcooked it and crashed, appeared really amateurish (or I was just lucky to catch it all :rolleyes:)

Mabye you could slow the Supra down for a second or so. Best lap with it was 1.25.2, I went 1.5sec faster. Make tires less stickier somehow :)

Btw, are you guys intending to release the other 2 manufacturer?

Like a DTM car its a prototype/formula "dressed" in Supra bodyparts with way more track oriented suspension and aero. Add low weight (~200 kg less than a R8 GT3) and wider tires.
Contrasting to this everytime i came across a SuperGT broadcast (MotorsTV had it back in the day) I was surprised just how often the driver overcooked it and crashed, appeared really amateurish (or I was just lucky to catch it all :rolleyes:)
If you consider the driver quality id say its on the lower spectrum that you would see in wec lmp2. Even with the assists they look like they were pretty challenging. ive seen a number of videos of them wrestling the steering wheels.

And,.. Charles Amyouni, please update the main download here on RD with v1.51, not just adding a link, many could just simply overlook, please. It`s only a few kB, but most important ones.
--

One more thing, how many HP did these engines have (maybe you know for the other manufacturers too of that age)? Is there any website with the data, I just cannot find it.

I didn't add the v1.5.1 with the current update cause it was a Release Candidate (RC), and judging by the feedback - it was the right call to release it as a RC.

I'll release another update later today, which will focus on the final tire model specifically made for the Super GT cars. In other words - thank you everyone for the feedback.

As for the engine... officially majority of the GT500 cars are originally set at 650HP but dropped to 485HP during actual races, scrapping the fact that Autobacs has a special rule that the top 10 teams on each races will have added ballast.

50KG max = GT500
100KG max = GT300

Also what we need right now is help in regards the LOD and Engine Sound files to be contained inside a FMOD Sound Bank.

I want Shadow to focus on bring the models for the HONDA NSX NA2 GT500 and the NISSAN Z33 GT500. And as much as possible we want the authentic engine sounds for the cars.

We have the engine sound banks what we lack is for someone who knowledge to use the FMOD Studio - I want to learn it but for the time being I want to focus on the cars and the teams themselves.

What we prioritize right now are those two to be included on the next major update of the Supra so hopefully someone could help us in regards the LOD and the Engine Sound. Thanks!

I didn't add the v1.5.1 with the current update cause it was a Release Candidate (RC), and judging by the feedback - it was the right call to release it as a RC.

I'll release another update later today, which will focus on the final tire model specifically made for the Super GT cars. In other words - thank you everyone for the feedback.

1. You are absolutely right. I would like you to slow the car down (as I said few post earlier) for another second (or second and a half), it would be even more real (as said, best lap at Okayama in 2005 was 1.25.2 (more than a second slower than pole time), while mine was 1.23.7. So it seemed that Supra was the slowest car that season.

2. And can you check the tire pressure what they were using in RL in 2005, 2006? For soft 15 or 16 psi seems not enough (would say around 18-20).

3. What about adding some dirt on windshield (and side windows)? Would look a bit more realistic, since now its like there is no windows. Its your call.
--

I hope you get someone to help you out with the sound. I asked on FB if there is anyone willing to help you out.

Last edited:
its better like that. If you make too many updates people may just skip them, and then (I think) won't get a notification for the next one
Yep, I'm waiting for the next major update then doing a clean installation. 2k skins will be the defaults by then, yes?

Agree. Just take your time no rush.
I would put 2k skins as default too (and 4k in some additional folder).
--

And don`t forget to add some "dirt" on windows, like I just noticed on Nissan BNR34 JGTC SuperGT from 2003 ;) It looks so cool and realistic.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea