1999 Nissan Primera BTCC

Cars 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I just returned to this, one of my favorite mods, and noticed it doesn't have a shifting animation, there's strange environmental reflections on some of the interior surfaces, and shadows seem to be projecting through the doors. It's such a great mod, it deserves to be as "perfect" as possible. :) I'm using CSP 0.1.73.

Last edited:
I just returned to this, one of my favorite mods, and noticed it doesn't have a shifting animation, there's strange environmental reflections on some of the interior surfaces, and shadows seem to be projecting through the doors. It's such a great mod, it deserves to be as "perfect" as possible. :) I'm using CSP 0.1.73.
hey there, shifting animation has been added but I suppose we haven't released that version yet :) I think I did upload the animation files here at some point ( in the thread)

can you take a screengrab of the weird reflections and the shadows ? just to see if this was something that was also addressed

(the gear lever might not be moving as you will probably need the updated KN5 file )

hey there, shifting animation has been added but I suppose we haven't released that version yet :) I think I did upload the animation files here at some point ( in the thread)

can you take a screengrab of the weird reflections and the shadows ? just to see if this was something that was also addressed

(the gear lever might not be moving as you will probably need the updated KN5 file )

You can see the issue on the inside of the windscreen header. It's replicating the driver's view. Also, that carbon fiber panel on the left top of the dash seems to have a similar issue, though it's not as distracting. I couldn't seem to replicate the shadow issue.

Note that this is what is seen in VR with CSP 0.1.73

Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_adelaide_2016_26-1-121-7-2-52.jpg

Last edited:
well it doesn't show in my version ( ahven't checked VR, ) so it could be something that's already been fixed, or it could be related to VR only
in which case it might not be issue with the car but more of a AC thing anyhow

well it doesn't show in my version ( ahven't checked VR, ) so it could be something that's already been fixed, or it could be related to VR only
in which case it might not be issue with the car but more of a AC thing anyhow

I'll test the latest version when it's available and let you know if the issue is gone.

This problem, ground surfaces and other reflections on interior surfaces, has appeared in a few mods. I know there's a fix for it, because even though some creators said they couldn't fix it, or claimed it was a problem with something else and not their mod, the problem was eventually corrected after more VR users pointed it out, and someone else usually provided the fix. Unfortunately, I don't know what that fix is, but it can be found by researching or seeking help in forums and discord channels.

Last edited:
I'll test the latest version when it's available and let you know if the issue is gone.

This problem, ground surfaces and other reflections on interior surfaces, has appeared in a few mods. I know there's a fix for it, because even though some creators said they couldn't fix it, or claimed it was a problem with something else and not their mod, the problem was eventually corrected after more VR users pointed it out, and someone else usually provided the fix. Unfortunately, I don't know what that fix is, but it can be found by researching or seeking help in forums and discord channels.
well one thing that could "fix" it is to remove the reflection from the shader, but that's not really a fix :)
you can try to compare it to some kunos car that has a carbon fiber dashboard,

I will try to take a look in VR if I see it , but in non-vr I didn't see anything weird. The window banner had no reflection

@ApexVGear For the banner, to check a couple of things in case csp doesn't like ksPerPixelAlpha + alpha blend over an opaque object in this specific location, or it's some render pass issue, could you try either to add at the end of the carfolder\extension\ext_config.ini of this car:

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES=banners_inside
IS_TRANSPARENT=1
(**This is the change PM3DM suggested in the reply bellow)

If it still fails, please try the following options under the spoiler:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES=banners_inside
SHADER=KsPerPixel
IS_TRANSPARENT=1
BLEND_MODE=ALPHA_BLEND
or,
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES=banners_inside
SHADER=KsPerPixel
IS_TRANSPARENT=0
BLEND_MODE=OPAQUE
If any of the above works, it might suffice to either set banners_inside as transparent**, or INTbanner blend mode to opaque, depending on how it's meant to look*.

or finally, separately and without any of the above:
Code:
[EXTRA_FX]
MASK_GBUFFER=banners_inside ; you can try also DELAYED_RENDER=  or SKIP_GBUFFER=
If it changes anything, it might help Marek to pinpoint the issue.
Unfortunately I can't reproduce the issue to have a look at it as I have no VR.
*As it's originally setup, I'm getting an opaque inner banner (under csp 0.1.73 if it matters), not sure if it's intended.

PS: Patrik Marek if you prefer that I avoid this sort of content intrusive help on your thread, let me know and I'll delete this post asap.

Last edited:
@ApexVGear For the banner, to check a couple of things in case csp doesn't like ksPerPixelAlpha + alpha blend over an opaque object in this specific location, or it's some render pass issue, could you try either to add at the end of the carfolder\extension\ext_config.ini of this car:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES=banners_inside
SHADER=KsPerPixel
IS_TRANSPARENT=1
BLEND_MODE=ALPHA_BLEND
or,
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES=banners_inside
SHADER=KsPerPixel
IS_TRANSPARENT=0
BLEND_MODE=OPAQUE
If any of the above works, it might suffice to either set banners_inside as transparent, or INTbanner blend mode to opaque, depending on how it's meant to look*.

or finally, separately and without any of the above:
Code:
[EXTRA_FX]
MASK_GBUFFER=banners_inside ; you can try also DELAYED_RENDER=  or SKIP_GBUFFER=
If it changes anything, it might help Marek to pinpoint the issue.
Unfortunately I can't reproduce the issue to have a look at it as I have no VR.
*As it's originally setup, I'm getting an opaque inner banner (under csp 0.1.73 if it matters), not sure if it's intended.

PS: Patrik Marek if you prefer that I avoid this sort of content intrusive help on your thread, let me know and I'll delete this post asap.
Let me add, if it’s not working the same as KS and none of those changes work, let me know and I’ll get it fixed. Patch shaders have no reason to be operationally different than vanilla shaders, so it’s likely accidental/broken.

^ OT: As part of the autoguessing for rain, since recently csp can force (some by mistake?) inner banners to use ksWindscreen while they were set to other shaders, and under a ksWindscreen inner windscreen (even if both inside cockpit_hr as expected). So you might check them with the object inspector ingame vs what they were originally set. It wasn't such case on the Primera on my system under public 0.1.73, but was a reason I set a shader replacement for the suggested testing above.

Last edited:
I've edited my post above so if ApexVGear sees it, he first tries the single change in that flag as per your post. I've left the other tests with a ksPP swap under a spoiler, in case for some weird reason csp isn't playing nice with PPA on VR.

Edit: There's another thing you'll need to test under a current patreon build -- With a isTransparent inner banner you're likely to also need to set it as ksWindscreen for Rain FX to show goticles/swipes on it from cockpit view. As after becoming see-through, there's no inner windscreen object behind it already set as that to project the effect (it only covers half of the windscreen).
I don't have access to the current rain fx build, so I've temporarily tried it under legacy rain (going back to 0.1.60+sol 1.57), and without much surprise it required that shader swap:
Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_endlessfloor_27-2-121-7-49-23.jpg Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_endlessfloor_27-2-121-7-49-34.jpg
isTransparent banners_inside +
1) current ksPPA 2) ksWindscreen)

Last edited:
I see what you mean, but I feel like that banner should be almost not possible to see through, it should be more like translucent , so that it allows light through, but you can't really see through it, so you wouldn't see - in the way how I envision this - the water drops through it

doesn't look like you would see much through it

opactiy has been reduced greately, to a pooint where you almost can't see through
1614496120562.png

Last edited:
On my example I used the grey banner that was more see trough than the other skins, both the blue and red are way more opaque, but anyway that would be on the texture file alpha side. The old rain effect didn't also blend so well and left white trails, making things worse.
On the gray (with its alpha left unchanged), because it allowed to see the scenery clearly (see the red stripe on the horizon), then drops etc imho would also be visible. Anyway, I don't really think you ever intended to have it displaying so transparent, as the inner black trim around the window becomes noticeably missing.

To give an example on a non current rain fx private test build (not sure latest will display the same), with both isTransparent and ksWindscreen set on current skins, it's really subtle on the near opaque blue banner vs the very see-through gray:

Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_endlessfloor_28-2-121-15-17-34.jpgScreenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_endlessfloor_28-2-121-15-34-7.jpgScreenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_endlessfloor_28-2-121-15-18-26.jpg
In the middle image, other than a slight noise caused by drops, you'll be able to discern a large drop sliding down after the wiper has passed (car is stopped), but it's so subtle that you'll only notice as a tame shadow moving down ingame. Depending on the vinyl thickness, this could be realistic. (sorry, I should have taken png shots)
Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_endlessfloor_28-2-121-15-34-7_hl.jpg

tl;dr so not to bother further:
a) ksWindscreen would be required if any other skins have a noticeably transparent banner on purpose, like a green filter
b) the lodA inbuilt test livery's banner alpha could be adjusted to prevent the current excessive transparency vs other liveries, if it's now looking wrong after the isTransparent change (on current ksPerPixelAlpha too)
c) even with the more opaque ones, rain fx on ksWindscreen inner banners still gives a nice subtle shadowy effect under drops, but won't be really "needed" if a) doesn't apply and b)'s adjustment is done

Last edited:
test livery is not really meant to be used, but yes, I can adjust it to be more in-line with the rest

changing the banner shader to ksWindscreen can produce a lot of situations where it will look wrong, so I would have to make 2 glass layers, one for the glass to have the rainFX, and then second on top, that would be the other shader

I can put this on the list of things to check, but honestly, there is so much work on all the other cars that something like this is really low priority

test livery is not really meant to be used, but yes, I can adjust it to be more in-line with the rest
Just a heads up, the included "vodaphone" racing livery (the #23 car that shows briefly on the clip you posted of the #10 onboard) also relies on the test livery's INT_banner.dds inside the kn5.

Having the inner banner over a inner windscreen would surely be the most versatile option for skinning, and to avoid issues with the adjoining pieces. But yeah, visual gains are minimal if you intend to leave all banners very-nearly opaque. :thumbsup:

sounds like with the latest CSP updates, we will fully commit our cars to work only with CSP,

is there a feature from CSP that you have seen on other cars, that you think would be a good one to have on Primera ? ( and our other cars )

Hi! Congrats for this mod its amazing! I have a problem with it, I cant se the dashboard info. I only get de diff time but nothing about speed, time, gear or gas. The backlight does works. Can anyone help me with that? This happen either in VR or single screen. Could be some setup in my CSP or CM? I´m on CSP 1.74

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.