1999 Nissan Primera BTCC

Cars 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Patrik Marek updated 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC with a new update entry:

Reworked physics, wiper and shifting animation, more lights

View attachment 365536

Time for an long overdue update!

Complete overhaul of tires ( based on what we learned on BMW ) plus suspension tweaks for even better handling, tweaking and overal polishing.

new functionality added !!
- hiBeams / LoBeams switching available ( 'L' key )
- wiper animation
- driver & gear stick shifting animation ( sadly, it's limited how it can be done, so hopefully this is a good compromise)
- adding extension folder ( for Custom Shader Patch) that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I tried this car out with Dan, Mark and Richard from TRN a few years ago at Donnington. Was pretty awesome. Gonna have to try it out again.
Thanks for updating.
Marc DeGras

thank you, yep, it's available now! Enjoy and let us know what you think
And just to prevent specualtion, BMW is slated to be updated on Friday night ( PST time) / Saturday morning (for EU)
Seems to over-rotate easier if you go in too hot - which I liiiiiiiiiike..! :)
Feels totally natural.
It needs finessing more than the previous car, and that's a good thing.
Cannot wait for Friday now...

Stunning mod.
Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_wakefieldpark_23-4-120-0-13-27.jpg
Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_wakefieldpark_23-4-120-0-13-14.jpg

I think it way over rotates its almost like a drift car on ice not really enjoying the handling with the update,
also the brakes seem pretty lazy even stamping down with my sprints there really vague I went off 3 times the 1st lap,
not sure if you changed something there but seemed better before for me unless I am imagining things,
also some issues with the mirrors its really distracting.
1587598297899.png

I'd say the handling is opposite of a drift car, as those are made to understeer heavily, but I digress. ;)

Handling is probably intentional. I haven't tried it yet. It's quite common for FWD racecars. The way it was explained to me is that it saves tires and result in a much better, more consistent laptime if you make it oversteer and use the throttle for control. I had to do some video comparisons to IRL on a custom version of the car I made with different front geo, over a year ago, to really get sold.

I'm having a problem with the new version. I did a fresh install of the game to get rid of all the unused mods and tried installing this afterwards. It backs out of the race when trying to load in the first vehicle. Tried with a different mod and it works fine. As far as I'm aware I've follwed the install instructions so I'm not sure what's gone wrong, anyone have any ideas?

I think it way over rotates its almost like a drift car on ice not really enjoying the handling with the update,
also the brakes seem pretty lazy even stamping down with my sprints there really vague I went off 3 times the 1st lap,
not sure if you changed something there but seemed better before for me unless I am imagining things,
also some issues with the mirrors its really distracting.
View attachment 365561

I wonder if this could be something coming from the Custom Shader Patch mirror, certainly not seeing the issue in the editor
there is a small gap there, but nothing like what you have here

I'm having a problem with the new version. I did a fresh install of the game to get rid of all the unused mods and tried installing this afterwards. It backs out of the race when trying to load in the first vehicle. Tried with a different mod and it works fine. As far as I'm aware I've follwed the install instructions so I'm not sure what's gone wrong, anyone have any ideas?
oh good point, I think it requires Custom Shaders Patch to be installed

I'd say the handling is opposite of a drift car, as those are made to understeer heavily, but I digress. ;)

Handling is probably intentional. I haven't tried it yet. It's quite common for FWD racecars. The way it was explained to me is that it saves tires and result in a much better, more consistent laptime if you make it oversteer and use the throttle for control. I had to do some video comparisons to IRL on a custom version of the car I made with different front geo, over a year ago, to really get sold.
Been driving this car since V1 when 1st ever released seemed much more tame its just unrecoverable rotation for me, no way it should handle like that its almost dangerous, anyways if you like it life is all good for me its too much, I love cars what oversteer and over rotate its how I drive slide the rear into the corners here like I say its too much for me personally specially when its almost impossible to catch it and bring it back.

Haven't tested yet in depth for that UV placement problem which I couldn't reproduce, but when reporting problems with mirrors mapping, always double check if "normalize uv mapping" is enabled/disabled on CSP's Smart Mirror options, as it'll override the original mod's mapping. Also, 0.1.52 had corrections to that feature which could still be causing mapping problems as in the screen above.
I've only noticed the same small gap to the left of the mirror, which can't be seen in cockpit, not the misalignment.

The brand new shifting animation is a bit too quick regarding the arm movement, imho slowing it down would make it look more natural. Preload point seem okayish, but maybe a tiny bit late if the arm movement is changed to be slower in the future.

Thanks for keeping this gem up to date :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes