1999 Nissan Primera BTCC

Cars 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry Patrik, I don't have any issue with your mod in fact its great mod.
My comment was more in line with starting steam before running CM so I was more agreeing with you. :)

does it run trough normal AC launcher?
I sometime get the issue - with any car - when I launch CM before I launch steam , launching steam usually solves this
yes i always open the ac launch first check if a mod works if not i open the cm.someone says to me on reddit that maybe because of the shaders/mod the race won't start with the car. Because i don't think i have some others mods that can cause the race to not start .i made i skin for the car and i can try it on the game now
gp40Hpy.jpg

Last edited:
latest primera has new shader added for the lights (I think), but it hasn't been released yet so there's no way you would have it

pretty cool skin btw

have you guys look through your logs ?

Stix_09
Version: 1.0I really do appreciate the work modders like you do, Thanks
Looks great, sounds good. Just handling feels way to locked in and stable. Its like its glued to the track. I c get the car to skid under full brakes in a straight line, (and for a car with no abs , ya it drives a bit too arcade. Its really fun to drive, just doesn't feel right. I'm no expert but compared to every other car in game I've driven, its handling is off IMHO.
Friday at 10:12Report this to a moderator

1. Author's Response
    Out of curiosity, what other car game have you driven FWD Super touring car ? so that we can take a look

Like I said it handles better than any other car "in game" I've driven. I guess you would need to ask someone that's driven a real 1999 btcc primera. It will not skid in straight line under full brakes without any abs on pro settings.. No other car does this in game.
Pretty easy to see it its got super traction.
Easy test . Apply full brakes a high speed in straight line, it brakes like an abs car.
Regardless of being front/rear or four wheel drive makes no difference to this. Any car will slide without abs.
Don't need to be expert to know its got to much traction.

Its a nice job on the car mod but its handling IMHO is off with too much grip, so it gets a 4 out of 5.

Last edited:
A race car should have grip. If compared to default cars this car feels much more realistic. A race car is meant to be pushed to the limit and this Primera is a fine example of trueworthy physics where you can trust the car.

The only real known issue in the current release build is that the front geometry is off a bit. I took a look at it ages ago and discussed it.

Actual cornering speed wise compared to onboards, the car's not too far off. If anything it has too little grip to account for the lack of proper load curves in the tires. It's not really uncommon to be able to essentially max out the brake system to your strength's potential and not get lockup in aero cars with slicks, at least initially.

Sure a race car has better grip than a street car grip, but no car has abs like grip under 100% full brakes in a straight line period. All race cars should lockup at 100% brakes or the brakes are not working properly.

Don't be a "yes man" suckup if there's a problem.

Currently this car is doing threshold braking at 100% applied brakes.

Last edited:
Sure a race car has better grip than a street car grip, but no car has abs like grip under 100% full brakes in a straight line period. All race cars should lockup at 100% brakes or the brakes are not working properly.

Don't be a "yes man" suckup if there's a problem.

Currently this car is doing threshold braking at 100% applied brakes.
Yes, a bunch of cars are capable of not locking up the brakes down to a pretty low speed with the driver pressing with their usual strength. Usually you will jump on the brake as hard as you can (perhaps after a small pause in high-aero cars), because the car can take it and unassisted brakes will need to be pressed hard anyway. Nobody's gonna get maximum braking performance out of those systems with just their leg.

Obviously eventually it will lock up, but I don't remember the Primera being super weird or anything. Maybe it is, but your point still isn't completely correct. There's a bunch of racecars where you can press as hard as you like and it won't lock up at higher speeds.

Of course, you've probably seen more onboards than I have, looked at more telemetry traces than I have, talked to more drivers than I have and made more sim cars than I have to back up your view. :rolleyes:

Its just no other car in ac brakes like this. I'm just making a comparison. I've also got Shaun Clarke excellent BTCC cars mod for AC, and this feel more realistic to me for some similar cars from diff manufactures.
https://shaunclarke35.***********/website/downloads
Just from comparisons I've done in game with this and various . I tried with warm and cold brakes and tyres on dif tracks.

Its just no other car in ac brakes like this. I'm just making a comparison. I've also got Shaun Clarke excellent BTCC cars mod for AC, and this feel more realistic to me for some similar cars from diff manufactures.
https://shaunclarke35.***********/website/downloads
Just from comparisons I've done in game with this and various . I tried with warm and cold brakes and tyres on dif tracks.
It seems to me like you’re driving a different car. I’ve been driving this car a lot over the last couple of weeks. Its brakes lock under full braking. It happens to me every time I don’t brake perfectly, no doubt about it. I also get wheel spin when. I accelerate too hard at the start of a race.
Look at this Jimmy Broadbent video, you can see opponents locking up all the time

I think when we designed the Primera, there were a few things that we just couldn't quite nail. The overall lap performance is pretty decent, so in terms of outright speed I think its not far off. 4 areas where I wasn't 100% satisfied with the car was;

1, large kerb behavior
2, rear end sliding
3, traction
4, braking

I think the car should be launching more over the larger kerbs. I think at present the car copes a little too well and absorbs the larger kerb strikes. I was never really able to get the rear end behavior. The rear end should be somewhat more mobile, moving around a small amount especially at high speed. Traction from low speed turns is too good, it should wheelspin a bit more. Braking should be more challenging and the work in progress version we have now is more difficult to brake with at full pressure. In fact all 4 areas mentioned above are getting some attention in the newer version.

Yes, a bunch of cars are capable of not locking up the brakes down to a pretty low speed with the driver pressing with their usual strength. Usually you will jump on the brake as hard as you can (perhaps after a small pause in high-aero cars), because the car can take it and unassisted brakes will need to be pressed hard anyway. Nobody's gonna get maximum braking performance out of those systems with just their leg.

Obviously eventually it will lock up, but I don't remember the Primera being super weird or anything. Maybe it is, but your point still isn't completely correct. There's a bunch of racecars where you can press as hard as you like and it won't lock up at higher speeds.

Of course, you've probably seen more onboards than I have, looked at more telemetry traces than I have, talked to more drivers than I have and made more sim cars than I have to back up your view. :rolleyes:
With regards to the above perhaps the gentleman might like to talk to Anthony Read. He raced a Primera in period and is often quoted as saying that it is probably the best race car he ever drove (He's driven just about everything from Formula Ford to NASCAR so knows a thing or two). Also the late David Leslie was full of praise for these cars. Matt Neil is likewise, he used a Primera to win £500,000 as the first independant to win a BTCC round outright in, Yep, a Primera. They really were the class of the field and absolutely dominated the Super Touring era and for good reason. I'm lucky enough to have raced one of these on a couple of occasions and I don't recall ever locking up the brakes. They have poise and are beautifully balanced and possess more grip than a Scotsman on a five pound note. I'm Scotish so I can confirm that. It's very easy to criticise modders from the comfort of your arm chair, maybe you'd care to try and create one for yourself. All I can say is that IMHO this is probably one of the most accurate mods available to date and if it were a pay mod I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Please keep up the great work and can we have some more please

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.