1999 Nissan Primera BTCC

Cars 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
To everyone having issue with the FFB, please make sure that you delete everything other then skins , there were quite a few changes and the car is now using data.acd, not files in data folder

this probably wont' issues for everyone but it will at least make sure it's not coming from anything else

that being said, we do hear a lot of negative feedback aobut FFB and our physics team is working on new version that should imrpove the FFB, and not loose too much of the new character we were after

no ETA on release yet though

For those that want to try wiper :)
and it includes new previews for our cars

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3j2t3hbsj6wh785/nissan_primera_btcc_wiper.rar?dl=0

preview.jpg
preview2.jpg
preview3.jpg

Thanks a lot it works but usually with BLM car the speed of the wipers adapt itself with the rain level intensity and here when it rains heavier sometimes the wipers slowdown or stop then start again!

Sorry in fact i think i had a bug it seems to be working normally now! It is fantastic! Thanks very much again!

Last edited:
Hello. I'm the physics developer for the R33 GTS and GT-R cars, and I've cut my teeth making private mods for simulations for years now. Hear me out.

I took a look at the car. I have a good hunch what has gone wrong. The team has done a better job than the feeling of the car would make you believe: they simply have not understood a few critical things. No amount of tweaking or tuning the feeling will do anything, some things need to be fixed. But the base is good in my opinion.

I'm sorry for looking into the files, but I just want to help you improve your mod.

I will not talk about it in public because I do not know if you would want that. I have some things I can advise the team on and discuss with them. Even when developing the R33 I ran into some similar issues due to Nissan's multi-link design so I have some experience with this type of thing in simulations.

Thanks.

Hello. I'm the physics developer for the R33 GTS and GT-R cars, and I've cut my teeth making private mods for simulations for years now. Hear me out.

I took a look at the car. I have a good hunch what has gone wrong. The team has done a better job than the feeling of the car would make you believe: they simply have not understood a few critical things. No amount of tweaking or tuning the feeling will do anything, some things need to be fixed. But the base is good in my opinion.

I'm sorry for looking into the files, but I just want to help you improve your mod.

I will not talk about it in public because I do not know if you would want that. I have some things I can advise the team on and discuss with them. Even when developing the R33 I ran into some similar issues due to Nissan's multi-link design so I have some experience with this type of thing in simulations.

Thanks.
Im fine with discussing this here

@Giuseppe Abagnale what do you think?

Thank you @Patrik Marek

I will discuss it with your team, if it suits them.

Please do not think I am trying to undermine or de-value your team's work or anything. I haven't changed very much and there's just some design decisions I disagree with in this context, given what I know about such designs and what I have read about the car. Perhaps your developers will find it valuable.

Thank you @Patrik Marek

I will discuss it with your team, if it suits them.

Please do not think I am trying to undermine or de-value your team's work or anything. I haven't changed very much and there's just some design decisions I disagree with in this context, given what I know about such designs and what I have read about the car. Perhaps your developers will find it valuable.
So long as they're okay with discussing it in the public forum, it'd likely serve to be more useful if more people saw what design decisions were being discussed...

@mclarenf1papa

I'm fine with that. If you'd like to chime in yourself, I'm sure no one would oppose. :cool:

Of course, my thoughts will just be based on what I know about the racecar and have compared to the in-game Primera. Maybe how it is now, everything considered, is the ideal way to do it. Surely the original authors know things about the car that I don't.

However I believe there is a multitude of acceptable ways to go about making the suspension of the car, due to the nature of the real design. It depends what you want to be more correct.

well let's not forget there are also AC engine limitaitons, so if certain suspension design isn't supported, you have to be creative and this opens it up for various interpretations

but yeah, i'm not opposed to discuss this in public, since more people can learn about it

as I said thouhg, our discord forum is likely the best place for this dicussion, as not everyone of our memebers goes to racedept for feedback :)

Hi, I'm ok with discussing here too; there should be no secrets how I setup the car and why.
I tried to get the feeling of inside wheel scrub but this causes sometimes strange vibrations on the wheel for someone. I don't have any strange vibration so I don't know how much of it is real and how much is what people don't expect to be...
Anyway we have an almost ready update that should improve this aspect without neglecting the feeling that we judged to be positive.
Feel free to write here your suggestions...

from the sounds of things, the biggest question was about car aero + downforce, Kyuubeey feels like the car is producing way too much downforce , to what it should be doing

he mentioned few suspension tweaks, but those didn't sound like anything major

I spoke with him, we confronted on this and the main question he put was about Aero Bias (the overall Downforce is right). He found that is too much toward front axle but from the data we have and what I know about similar race cars, it shouldn't be a problem in having such values.
We'll keep on testing it and trying to improve it ;)

I agree with the aero bias after testing. I don't know what was wrong with my initial version. Old data? I modified it and forgot? Whatever.

I will still discuss with the rest of the team the aerodynamic scale and the suspension geometry.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back