1979 Classic GP Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
but there won't be broadcasted races anyway, what's the point of making liveries? :p
Well it's just a nice little visual that would make the grid for example look more pretty :p

I won't bother making any of them myself but if Steven is willing to do so, I'm more than happy to use them :)

e. Btw Milos, I love your avatar! That Arrows A2 is/was a beast with huge potential. It's a shame it never really worked out :unsure:

Last edited:
Of course not, but I wanted to make sure ;)

Will be interesting to see how things develop, and which teams that were in F1 will never make it in this game. So excited for this :D
That is exactly why I wanted to make a game like this. Because alternative history is just so fascinating :p
And it's even more interesting to see which drivers rise to the top. Of course the Sennas and the Prosts will be good and the Gachots and Deletraz' not so good but what about those countless lost talents...

I should probably tell about the drivers a bit too. I've played a lot of Football Manager down the years and I have pretty much copied the CA/PA system from FM. Each driver has a randomised fixed Potential Ability value that indicates the maximum ability a driver can reach in his career. CA is the Current Ability that either increases/decreases as explained in the second post:
"Driver attributes are updated after ever season. There are multiple things that effect the increase/decrease including age, motivation, general performance during the season and performance against team-mate. To put it shortly, the better a driver performs, the more his skill will increase and vice versa."

First few seasons we won't probably see many bizarre results but who knows what the championship might look like 5-10 years from now? :D

e. What I really try to imply here is that managers watched more the driver's results and performance in this game rather than their name and results in real life. An average driver irl might well be a champhionship contender here with a bit of luck.

Last edited:
How will the races work? Will it be done on a race-by-race state? So like most of the games: Race then buy stuff. Next race etc. Or will it be done in clumps? So for example, for the flyaways at the start and end, no upgrades can be made, but massive ones happen when we return to Europe?

Just some ideas.

How will the races work? Will it be done on a race-by-race state? So like most of the games: Race then buy stuff. Next race etc. Or will it be done in clumps? So for example, for the flyaways at the start and end, no upgrades can be made, but massive ones happen when we return to Europe?

Just some ideas.
That is actually a nice idea. I had initially thought to do it race-by-race but that would actually make sense, and most importantly, it would perhaps increase the realism. I will think about it.

IMPORTANT NOTE! The deadline for sign-ups is moved from Friday night to Friday morning 06:00 GMT. Teams will receive their sponsor offers around the same time.

That is actually a nice idea. I had initially thought to do it race-by-race but that would actually make sense, and most importantly, it would perhaps increase the realism. I will think about it.

IMPORTANT NOTE! The deadline for sign-ups is moved from Friday night to Friday morning 06:00 GMT. Teams will receive their sponsor offers around the same time.
Plus it'll make the years move quicker, or it'll take ages to reach new years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back