1979 Classic GP Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus it'll make the years move quicker, or it'll take ages to reach new years.
That would actually make very little difference regarding the speed of the game because I don't intend to run the races in a chunk, just that the updates would come in a big chunk for the teams. But you are right that the pace I had planned (1 race/week) is way too slow. Twice a week is a lot better so a season would last for 8-10 weeks.

e. Edited the first post regarding race weekends.

That would actually make very little difference regarding the speed of the game because I don't intend to run the races in a chunk, just that the updates would come in a big chunk for the teams. But you are right that the pace I had planned (1 race/week) is way too slow. Twice a week is a lot better so a season would last for 8-10 weeks.

e. Edited the first post regarding race weekends.
I'm fine with once a week. Works well in Formula FG, and the F1 sim career. I think once a week would suit you better as a moderator too, you're the one running all the races, and running races takes a long time ;)
(tbh it takes longer to upload the race videos :p That's the most annoying part of my moderating)

I'm fine with once a week. Works well in Formula FG, and the F1 sim career. I think once a week would suit you better as a moderator too, you're the one running all the races, and running races takes a long time ;)
(tbh it takes longer to upload the race videos :p That's the most annoying part of my moderating)
But it is too slow for my taste. 1 race / week means a season lasts four months. In a year we would barely complete 2.5 sesons. I don't want to wait that long to get to the interesting stuff :D On average of twice a week (I'm sure I won't be able to keep that rhythm every week) we could complete up to four seasons a year.

But it is too slow for my taste. 1 race / week means a season lasts four months. In a year we would barely complete 2.5 sesons. I don't want to wait that long to get to the interesting stuff :D On average of twice a week (I'm sure I won't be able to keep that rhythm every week) we could complete up to four seasons a year.
You should make quick progress that way. I do 2 races per week in the F1 career, 1996 started about 6 months ago, now we're in the middle of 1998.

SIGN-UP FOR THE 1979 HAS ENDED

Confirmed list of participating teams:
1-2 Lotus @Jack Hunsley
3-4 Tyrrell @kedy89
5-6 Brabham @William Néron
7-8 McLaren @Aidan Keranen
9-10 Fittipaldi @Manolis Sigoulakis
11-12 Ferrari @Jarvis
15-16 Renault @oldwolf
17-18 Shadow @Omer Said
20-21 Wolf @Lesley Buurlage
21-22 Ensign @Steven Poirier
23-24 Alfa Romeo @Márk Lintner
25-26 Ligier @airutonpurosuto8912
27-28 Williams @Jimlaad43
29-30 Arrows @miki2000milos
31-32 Rebaque @Diehl

IMPORTANT NOTE! Due to lack of time the sponsor offers will not be posted before 12:30 GMT. I'm sorry about this but while you wait for your offers, perhaps checking the available driver list will make you feel better :p
Note! You shall not bid for any drivers yet. When everyone has chosen their sponsor, I will release another list containing each driver's minimum salary and/or maximum money he can pay per race (pay-drivers).

kuskilista.JPG

Last edited:
Last two numbers wohoo! Shows how our team is behind the rest of the field

but I hope to bring it to the top, and that victory they never got sadly (Hill came pretty close in 97)

Ok, I'm back home and time to explain. As I said earlier, I was very short on time on Friday but really really wanted to get those sponsor offers out. As it turned out, I had to stay at school late that day and thus had no time to even get online before I had to reach my train.

Didn't I say a while ago that I shouldn't promise any deadlines? :rolleyes::D

Anyway I will post the offers soon. (After I read through all those alerts and PM's :D)

@Lesley Buurlage Sorry I missed you, I somehow assumed Milos had tagged you in his post. Because I wasn't able to send those sponsor offers yet, I can still let you in. (More the merrier! :)) Just post which team (list in the first post) you'd like to manage and I'll add you to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%