180 degree wheel

I have a 180 degree (actually, more like 200 I think) FFB wheel and I was wondering if any of you have any advice on setting it up. I feel like I am much more precise and consistent when I set the in-game wheel match my physical one (actual rotation wise, not just graphically), but then another problem emerges... On most of the tracks there is that one corner I cannot do with 180 degrees. Any advice?

Of course you drive better when it matches the on screen wheel. Your only options is a wheel with more rotation or learn to deal with non linear steering. The best option is getting a better wheel.

I have a 180 degree (actually, more like 200 I think) FFB wheel and I was wondering if any of you have any advice on setting it up. I feel like I am much more precise and consistent when I set the in-game wheel match my physical one (actual rotation wise, not just graphically), but then another problem emerges... On most of the tracks there is that one corner I cannot do with 180 degrees. Any advice?
When I set my wheel to 450° but let ac stay at 900° the ingame wheel moves 2x of my real wheel.
I'd say the best compromise for you would be to set your real wheel to the maximum (if it got a setting for that) and put assetto corsa to the lowest amount but needed amount of degrees.
I'd say try 300° first and then raise it if you can't make the tightest corner of a track.
It will be twitchy but that's the best you can achieve! :)
Make sure to lock the virtual wheel though or just disable it. (if you're annoyed by it moving differently to your real one).

With my Fanatec v2 the on screen wheel turns just a little sharper. I've tried adjusting it but I can't get it any closer. All other sim are 1 to 1. Its an AC secluded issue. Otherwise drives nice.
Any ideas?
I need 880 for my g27 while using 900°. In theory you just need to find the fitting degree setting in assetto.
Make sure you have no steering gamma or whatever the name is activated so your wheel is completely 1:1 and not getting more sensitive the further you turn or something :)

When I set my wheel to 450° but let ac stay at 900° the ingame wheel moves 2x of my real wheel.
I'd say the best compromise for you would be to set your real wheel to the maximum (if it got a setting for that) and put assetto corsa to the lowest amount but needed amount of degrees.
I'd say try 300° first and then raise it if you can't make the tightest corner of a track.
It will be twitchy but that's the best you can achieve! :)
Make sure to lock the virtual wheel though or just disable it. (if you're annoyed by it moving differently to your real one).
Tried that, but it's too twitchy for my taste... Sometimes when I drive with a lock that is larger than my physical wheel's, the force feedback kills me mid corner... In Race 07, it's fine, but AC's FFB seems different to that of R07's. Maybe my FFB settings are bad? Idk...

Tried that, but it's too twitchy for my taste... Sometimes when I drive with a lock that is larger than my physical wheel's, the force feedback kills me mid corner... In Race 07, it's fine, but AC's FFB seems different to that of R07's. Maybe my FFB settings are bad? Idk...
Post Screenshots of them :)
If it's too twitchy you should apply some steering gamma so it's not that twitchy while going straight but you still can make the tight turns. Never used that slider so experiment with how it feels!

Post Screenshots of them :)
If it's too twitchy you should apply some steering gamma so it's not that twitchy while going straight but you still can make the tight turns. Never used that slider so experiment with how it feels!

This is what I use. I turned the gain down so it wouldn't kill me so often xD It would be great if you could bind a button that when pressed would extend your steering lock so I could use that in tight corners :D
Capture.JPG

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back