Reiza Studios has officially released the 1971 version of the Nürburgring today in a new public update. Good news for the owners of the Nürburgring DLC is they'll be able to enjoy this historic version without having to spend a single dime extra, as all the new layouts are integrating that existing DLC.
The Nordschleife will be there, of course, but you will also be able to drive the Südschleife - replaced by the GP circuit in the early 80s - and the combined version. Reiza mentions in the patch notes that more trackside objects will be added before the official stable release. The South loop is 7.7km long, narrow and fast paced compared to the modern circuit, with 27 mostly high speed corners. It brings the combined course over 28km for a single lap.
On a sidenote, the 2023 versions of the Brazilian Stock Car Pro Series cars have also made their way in the game, and a whole bunch of small tweaks and fixes have also been made. For the full details, read the patch notes below.
- Fixed occasional CTD when viewing cars from trackside camera
- Helmet liveries from specific drivers are now excluded from the random pool of helmets for other drivers that don't have one assigned
- Fixed an issue where the player driver would use a random helmet livery instead of the assigned one
- Fixed an issue where the AI drivers would be loaded with the wrong helmet liveries in saved replays, multiplayer and championship mode
- Championship Editor: Fixed a potential crash when exiting class selection screen and add proper guidance that at least one class must be selected
- Altered some default values (for G-Wheel) and improved / lowered on center knock that is felt with some cars (g-wheel)
- Fixed FR next compound button on Edit Strategy page
- Copa Truck: Fixed instant engine failure for some AI drivers during standing starts
- Increased volume for ignition sound effect
- Wastegate sound is now prevented from playing when RPM's are too low
- Shortened engine shutdown sound timer; Prevented artificial engine sound volume bump for a more natural sounding startup
- Mini Cooper: adjusted external sound for player and AI cars, adjusted starter timing and starter sound.
- Stock Car Pro Series: Fixed incosistent tire sounds for Stock Corolla '21, '22, 23
- Nürburgring 1971: Completed artwork for release and fixed reported issues
- Cascais 1988: Fixed LOD on animated 3D crowds
- F-Vintage Gen2: Corrected tachometer orientation
- McLaren MP4/5B: Corrected steering wheel position for better cockpit display visibility; Fixed rear wing disappearing at a distance
- Copa Montana: Fixed windscreen wiper texture issue
And the previous full logs for the release candidate beta updates which preceded this public release can be found here.
Let us know in the comments below how you are experiencing the Historic Nürburgring!