We need to talk about Max Verstappen

U are allowed to block ONCE/defend once. What max did was he made his move very late, when kimi already made his and was going for the inside that's when max made his move,problem is,kimi was at 30kph quicker at the point when max turned in.

Some drivers say he did nothing wrong,he only played by the rules,but then u get a rule that states dangerous driving is prohibited,and that move is deemed dangerous by the stewards.

Max Verstappen is the only reason to watch F1 at the moment. He should be the face of F1, but instead they villify him.

The sport is on it's arse, and will only recover when Bernie steps down or dies.

Now he has crossed a red linie !
Quoted from
http://www.eurosport.com/formula-1/...ause-he-killed-someone_sto5817746/story.shtml

Controversial F1 starlet Max Verstappen hit out at Canadian legend Jacques Villeneuve over criticism of his aggressive driving.
Villeneuve gave an interview to motorsport.com in which he joined the long queue of drivers past and present who have criticised the Dutch teenager, saying that, "what he did to Kimi [Raikkonen] twice on the straight, and to [Sebastian] Vettel as well. Just calm down. You're going to kill someone.”

Verstappen was asked about the criticism ahead of the Italian Grand Prix, and hit back in forthright fashion.

"He should watch a little with his statements that someone dies, because he himself has killed someone," said Verstappen, referring to the race marshal who died at the Australian Grand Prix in 2001 when hit by debris from Villeneuve's car.

"He has to look at himself. I think what he says is not respectful to the family of the deceased marshal."
Villeneuve also said that while it's "fine" for Verstappen not to care about ruffling a few feathers, "drivers should have respect among each other. Good, hard, fair racing, like Kimi said.

"You know, racing hard is great. But have some respect. You can't just push people off. Or make them have to brake on the straight. That's super, super, super dangerous. Twenty years ago drivers fixed it among themselves.”

F1 gossip tends to be nauseating and is best avoided generally; a lot of untruths are printed in the media in the whole "he said she said" charade, but if that actually is a comment from MV regarding the marshal that was killed in 2001 -- he needs his head read.
Let alone an immature 18 years, that is less than one would expect from a retarded 11 year old, to be quite frank. Poor.

F1 gossip tends to be nauseating and is best avoided generally; a lot of untruths are printed in the media in the whole "he said she said" charade, but if that actually is a comment from MV regarding the marshal that was killed in 2001 -- he needs his head read.
Let alone an immature 18 years, that is less than one would expect from a retarded 11 year old, to be quite frank. Poor.

Thats not what he said, theres an article that he explains what he really did say, he meant that Villeneuve was involved not caused the accident. Not sure what else he said but it's obvious the media is making things worse.

Here is a dutch guy's reply...
I am a Max fan, because he is the first real deal after his dad's in the Netherlands.
We only have 16.000.000 people in Netherlands, Germany has 80.000.000
SO YES
RACING F1 CARS IS DANGEROUS

Is he a menace? He should be!
Is he a racing genius? Yes i meen Karts to F3 to F1 and then demote Kvyat to STR and win a race in 2 years.
Does he need to tone it down a bit? No, if you tune down Hamilton he wont win anything.
Does he need to keep doing what he's doing? No. Would you change your style because other drivers tell you to do so?.
Should he have been penalised? Where and why? Kemmelstraight? NO Ofcourse not Kimi had 800 meters left to go around Max on the left. See the video again. Kimi should have dummyed him.
Should Nico have been penalised in Hockenheim? ofcourse yes Nico pushed him off like he did Hamilton in Austria.

See all of M.Schumachers (7 times champion) races and you wil be ok with Max.

I am ok with all f1 drivers on the grid, no exceptions.

All the negative reply's are mostly Italians (Ferrari) and Germans (Mercedes)...

I have been watching f1 races since the early 80's.

I hope i dint hurt anyone!

Is he a menace? He should be!

No he shouldn't, he raced out of revenge. It's extremely dangerous too do that and it's not on whatsoever.

Is he a racing genius? Yes i meen Karts to F3 to F1 and then demote Kvyat to STR and win a race in 2 years.

Didn't exactly win F3 though, his dad is the only reason he was promoted so early, and he won by luck. Red Bull handed him that win.

Does he need to tone it down a bit? No, if you tune down Hamilton he wont win anything.

Hamilton is aggressive but fair. The only time I think his driving crossed the line was in Austin where he pushed Nico off the road. However, it's nowhere near as bad as Max.

Does he need to keep doing what he's doing? No. Would you change your style because other drivers tell you to do so?.

First of, your answer doesn't actually make sense. You said no, he doesn't need to keep doing what he's doing, but then contradicted yourself.

Secondly, Seb and Raikkonen have 5 world titles between them for a reason, he could learn from them. If he doesn't change his driving style, he will be disqualified from races which WILL cost him championships. He should be aggressive, but fair.

Should he have been penalised? Where and why? Kemmelstraight? NO Ofcourse not Kimi had 800 meters left to go around Max on the left. See the video again. Kimi should have dummyed him.

Oh dear, you need to watch the video again :D Let's start with the incident at Les Combes where Max forced Raikkonen off the track. He missed the corner himself so he should have definitely have been penalised there. Now the Kemmel straight. Well, Kimi had already tried the outside before being pushed off the track. He went for the inside before Max made a move too late. With the speed advantage Raikkonen had, he couldn't have dummied. It would end up with them both out of the race. Raikkonen had to SLOW down on a straight to avoid a incident. It was dangerous from Max so YES it should have been penalised

Should Nico have been penalised in Hockenheim? ofcourse yes Nico pushed him off like he did Hamilton in Austria.

This is relevant because?

See all of M.Schumachers (7 times champion) races and you wil be ok with Max.

I'm a huge Schumi fanboy but I'm not delusional enough to actually defend what Schumi did at times! Schumi did race dirty at times. Does not give Max the justification to do the same.

All the negative reply's are mostly Italians (Ferrari) and Germans (Mercedes)...

Here is a dutch guy's reply...

And most positive replies are Dutch fanboy's who can't take it that Max is in the wrong, like yourself, what's your point

I have been watching f1 races since the early 80's.

Cool.

RACING F1 CARS IS DANGEROUS

No s**t. However, does that mean we should make it more dangerous than necessary? No. Max drove in a dangerous manner which should have been penalised

Also I wasn't hurt by your post, as a huge Ricciardo fan who is wiping the floor with Max in my opinion, I have no reason to be hurt.

And most positive replies are Dutch fanboy's who can't take it that Max is in the wrong, like yourself, what's your point.

Then now a reply from a Dutchman who thinks Max should have been penalised for his actions at the Kemmel straight. Yes, i think he should have been penalised. But the problem is that he is racing according the rules. And the rules are not sufficient enough to eliminate his dangerous way of defending.

What i find most disturbing is his revenge modus. "They ruined my race so..... " Frentzen had also this modus.
For anyone who thinks Max' way of defending is not dangerous: Look what happened to J. Villeneuve at Melbourne, Webber at Valencia, Menezes at Spa.

Ow boehoe i made an No, Yes error.

Also I wasn't hurt by your post, as a huge Ricciardo fan who is wiping the floor with Max in my opinion, I have no reason to be hurt.
Thats why Max has beaten all records from both Kvyat and Ricciardo... And crushed all the simulationlaptimes.
Ow and here you (Silverstone) go. http://www.ziggosporttotaal.nl/nieuws/115334-max-rijdt-ricciardo-in-de-regen-aan-gort.html
use Google translator
Its a matter of time and Max has enough time.

Ow boehoe i made an No, Yes error.

Thats why Max has beaten all records from both Kvyat and Ricciardo... And crushed all the simulationlaptimes.
Ow and here you (Silverstone) go. http://www.ziggosporttotaal.nl/nieuws/115334-max-rijdt-ricciardo-in-de-regen-aan-gort.html
use Google translator
Its a matter of time and Max has enough time.

Oh wow, you've brought up one race where Max was faster than Ricciardo. How interesting. Damn, that must make Max a legend as he was faster around Silverstone compared to Ricciardo. Not like Ricciardo has outraced Max 6-4 (which should be 7-3, no questions) now and out qualified him 8-2, and has outscored him 125-108, even though Red Bull cost Ricciardo 20 points in total at Spain and Monaco.

Last post to you
You completely forgot what the post was about in a sec.... All what you wrote i dint read you still dint answer my post
"Thats why Max has beaten all records from both Kvyat and Ricciardo... And crushed all the simulationlaptimes."
Go see f3 season 2014 on youtube.

You forget this fact, a 18 year old kid jumped into an unknown car and won the race breaking a couple of records.

Bye now

Oh wow, you've brought up one race where Max was faster than Ricciardo. How interesting. Damn, that must make Max a legend as he was faster around Silverstone compared to Ricciardo. Not like Ricciardo has outraced Max 6-4 (which should be 7-3, no questions) now and out qualified him 8-2, and has outscored him 125-108, even though Red Bull cost Ricciardo 20 points in total at Spain and Monaco.
Not to burst your bubble, but you are only harming your own point with stating the scores :-P.

Not to burst your bubble, but you are only harming your own point with stating the scores :-P.

How?

I've stated how Ricciardo has been better than Max. Ricciardo has beaten Max in Qualifying 8 times (Max has only beaten Ricciardo twice. Ricciardo has beaten Max in the races 6 times (Max only four times) and Ricciardo has outscored Max despite the fact Red Bull has costed Ricciardo 20 points by poor strategy or that Monaco incident

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back