We need to talk about Max Verstappen

That said he should not defend like that, just give some extra room but keep making it difficult. The 1st corner incident wasn't Max's fault, though you could say it was a corner cutting. BUT that's because Vettel decided to **** Kimi up.

Max is a great driver IMO, just has much to learn. There were 80.000 Dutch fans just for him that day, that makes a great impact on a 18 year old. Imagine 80.000 people were watching you sitting behind your desk or in your playseat while your keep pressing the flashback button :')
I know that doesn't give him the right to block kimi like that, but it is a factor.

He made the sport alive again, even in those shitty V6's. I'd imagine Sainz, or any rookie driver doing the same stupid ****.

I've only just seen this so bare with me here.

The first corner wasn't Max's fault, but it was avoidable. Max tried winning the race at turn one, when in reality he could have just hung back and not have his race ruined.

Max is a great driver, agreed. He is the best overtaker in F1. However you just get the feeling that he needs more experience and time to mature. Sainz would not have blocked Raikkonen like that, because Sainz is older and has more racing experience. Guys like Ocon would not have defended like that as he has more experience. Max has one year of F3 experience plus his time at Toro Rosso, which is nothing compared to others. He hasn't had time to develop and mature as he's been thrown in with a tonne of expectation to perform and got a promotion way too early in his career. He also has to perform with the pressure of Red Bull for him to perform. Red Bull are ruthless, look at not only Kvyat but guys like Felix Da Costa and Vergne who have been spat out by Red Bull and haven't achieved their full potential they could have in F1

Remember Grosjean in 2012? Reckless driver. But after he got his one race ban he has become a really good driver. If Max continues to race like this, he should get a one race ban.

CrWVn5IWcAArQ6F.jpg

He needs to start using his brain if he indeed said that

Then the overtaking by Raikkonen, which was blocked. If Raikkonen would have made the move earlier he also had the chance to go to the left.
I have the feeling Raikkonen has lost the edge a bit, and many fans as well with all stupid drs overtakes. F1 is no driving for little girls. What we have seen in the 80's is so opposed to what were seeing between 2008-2015.
Kimi is still as fast as ever. Beating Vettel in some occassions.
When some Indy car drivers were asked how they were thinking about Max, they said that when a driver is driving with his mirrors it is blocking. And the block occurred far before the braking zone.

Rules FIA: Offences include jumping the start of the race, causing an avoidable accident, unfairly blocking another driver, impeding another driver while being lapped, and speeding in the pit lane.

Then the stuff that happened at Les Combes. That's what you get when real racing is back. Purely on the limit, and sometimes a bit over it. No easy overtakes.

To my opinion f1 was completely in a dull with all drs overtakes. Especially Raikkonen has become a pure crybaby because now he has to race on the edge again to pass someone. Something he had forgotten since about 2011..
When you make a move on someone and you drive 180+mph, it can easily go wrong. Look at G. Villeneuve (Fuji,Zolder), J Villeneuve (Melbourne), Chris van der Drift (Brands Hatch), Webber (Valencia), Schumacher/Hakkinen (Spa).

And the place where Max put that block is not a nice place too. There is only a guard rail at both sides and that is it.

Also Max maybe doesn't respect the old guys, but I'm pretty sure the great ones of the past did neither.
Schumacher did not
Senna did not
Prost did not
Hamilton did not
Jim Clark did
Graham Hill did
Jochen Rindt did
Mario Andretti did
Gilles Villeneuve did
Jackie Stewart did
and Alain Prost did too.

You have one goal you want to reach, become world champion. The only way to do that is being selfish. Not handing a position to someone else because that's nice behaviour.
That's at least one reason why Barrichello has never become champion in the best cars. He was too nice.
And is the same reason why Rosberg won't become champion this year. Less talent, but also too nice for their teammates, not sneaky enough when they do something which is not allowed. Hamilton has gotten away with that a couple of times already
There are two types of world champions: Gentleman champs and Bastard champs. The list of gentleman champions is longer.

Jim Clark did
Graham Hill did
Jochen Rindt did
Mario Andretti did
Gilles Villeneuve did
Jackie Stewart did
and Alain Prost did too.

Indeed. Senna was the first F1 driver who didn't respect others, and because of him FIA introduced penalties for dangerous driving.

E: I meant first world class driver.

Indeed. Senna was the first F1 driver who didn't respect others, and because of him FIA introduced penalties for dangerous driving.

E: I meant first world class driver.
Without that world class:
Farina, the first world champion was also known of having no respect for his fellow competitors and was involved in two crashes that ended fatally for both drivers Marcel Lehoux and László Hartmann. The same could be said of Clay Reggazzoni: he deliberately ran Chris Lambert of the track while lapping him. Lambert lost control of his car and crashed into a bridge.
Lack of respect for fellow competitors is nothing new in F1 and other motorsport series.

A season or two at gp2 would have gone a long way in the learning curve. Making his debut in f1 in 2017 age 19,no doubt the man is very talented,but experience is something u still learn while out there driving. What's next 15 year old's debuting in f1 with no formula renault or gp3 experience just because they are fast in iracing.

As for the spa incident,he ran off kimi the first time,that was his fault yes. Incident on the straight,he moved once,so he is within the rules,but it was dangerous driving,which there are rules for. I'll just blame the DRS,never liked it,giving the man behind u a boost,good old slip stream is all they should have in my opinion.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back