We need to talk about Max Verstappen

I don't view it completely as a team sport. F1 drivers are out there to win for themselves. They want to win a drivers championship.

F1 is a team sport, end of. You can't win the driver's championship without a good car for the same reason you can't win the constructor's without 2 decent drivers. It may be the old 80-20, but it's absolutely a team sport.

He is going on till the other quits, which means the other guy loses. :)
And yes Daniel is at the moment the better, or to be more precise, more complete driver. Max knows he has to step up his game in qualification. And that is good, he knows that there is a huge terrain to be conquered.
It would be really horrible when Max would be faster than Daniel from day 1.

F1 is a team sport, end of. You can't win the driver's championship without a good car for the same reason you can't win the constructor's without 2 decent drivers. It may be the old 80-20, but it's absolutely a team sport.
In F1 i think it would be more 40/60%. That is why many times you see at the starting grids this:
  1. Team A car 1
  2. Team A car 2
  3. Team B car 1
  4. Team B car 2
  5. Team C car 1
  6. Team C car 2
  7. Team D car 1
  8. Team E car 1
  9. Team D car 2
  10. Team E car 2..
and so on...

He is going on till the other quits, which means the other guy loses. :)

Absolutely correct ;) :thumbsup:

You also can't win the drivers championship when your team screws up strategy

You also can't win the drivers championship when your team screws up strategy

So... you changed your mind? You were saying it's a bit of an individual sport rather than a team sport. But of course as you say you cannot win without a good team, which is nice. If the FIA didn't think that was in the spirit of the rules, they would have noticed by now and introduced equal cars (which would be dumb).

So... you changed your mind? You were saying it's a bit of an individual sport rather than a team sport. But of course as you say you cannot win without a good team, which is nice. If the FIA didn't think that was in the spirit of the rules, they would have noticed by now and introduced equal cars (which would be dumb).

I think the team play an important part, but at the end of the day, the drivers are out there racing for themselves

Sollution for Max
z2009-daf7.jpg

:whistling:

What Max did at Interlagos today was just plain ridiculous. I was in awe the the entire final half of the race. The question is, would he have made ground and potentially caught Hamilton?

Nope. Hamilton is a world class wet driver as well, and he has the better car.
In the same car Verstappen is better I think.

Today Hamilton just secured a 10s gap to Rosberg within 3 Laps, and after that he was cruising

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%