We need to talk about Max Verstappen

Good God!
I've followed the sport of F1 for over forty-five years.
What I saw today, I've only ever witnessed a handful of times in that period.
This kid has got raw, natural talent and a rather large pair of attachments.
To blow past so many top drivers...inside...outside...anywhere he made the opportunity ...on a rain-drenched circuit, is astonishing.
That was a Donington-style drive...regardless of the new tire condition.

Did Max move under braking? No. Did Max do anything wrong? No.

I don't just randomly hate on him. I hate on him when he does something wrong, not when he does something right. I think you underestimate my ability to actually praise someone I don't like ;)

He is still young, I am sure with age and experience he might turn into the ideal son in law.:D So perhaps someday the hate will be turned around into love.;)

The final 30 minutes of this race I realized again why I am fan of him.

• Deleted member 130869

I remembered the race in Spa a long time ago. Same thing, best tires for the situation and just picking people off in the worn tires, and not aquaplaning without the worn tire threads.

(Also before people mention the fact I am a Schumacher fan (I'm a huge one by the way), and how I'm hypocritical because I dislike Max and how he drives, Schumacher got me into the sport to begin with and I loved him as I was growing up. Pretty much idolised the guy (I have several paintings of him and Ferrari in my room!) as a kid. Yes he did very questionable **** in the cockpit, and I won't defend that, but I won't be a fan of the sport if it wasn't for Schumi)

In my opinion there should be some rules. But I think things like moving under breaking should be allowed. The way F1 is going, it's just going to be DRS overtakes. We need people like Max in the sport.

(Also before people mention the fact I am a Schumacher fan (I'm a huge one by the way), and how I'm hypocritical because I dislike Max and how he drives, Schumacher got me into the sport to begin with and I loved him as I was growing up. Pretty much idolised the guy (I have several paintings of him and Ferrari in my room!) as a kid. Yes he did very questionable **** in the cockpit, and I won't defend that, but I won't be a fan of the sport if it wasn't for Schumi)
I am glad you say it yourself. Because while you loathe the moves of Max, he is just doing the same thing what Schumacher did.

Vettel is Mad. he says Max pushed him off

Now this is the best example of hypocrisy :D He forgot his move on Nando very quickly :D

Ricciardo had some bad weekend i guess.

Nah wasn't his finest weekend. Was very quick in the wet conditions like Max but wasn't clinical enough with his moves which hurt him in the end

In my opinion there should be some rules. But I think things like moving under breaking should be allowed. The way F1 is going, it's just going to be DRS overtakes. We need people like Max in the sport.

I think you underestimate how dangerous moving under braking is. It doesn't really give people a chance to react if they've already committed. Lance Stroll did it a few years ago in F3 and caused quite a hefty crash which landed him a race ban.

People can defend by simply covering the inside line before the braking zone. If that leaves them vulnerable because of DRS, then scrap DRS then.

Also moving under braking doesn't encourage good racing and will make racing worst, see Suzuka this year to how it spoiled Verstappen vs Hamilton

Vettel is Mad. he says Max pushed him off
Awesome :) Just makes this whole race even better, haha...

gesture.jpg

Greatness is something to behold. That was one of the greatest sporting performances I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Max Verstappen is a special, special talent.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%