Visor View Mod

Let make this clear, I have no intention to insult you or attack you.

Release candidate means final testing for making sure this MOD works on users system. And I wrote in RC announcement post, it clearly stated 'This version is only for testing.' If you can't understand what's purpose of this test, you should not use RC. In fact, tearoff key binding issue was reported and already fixed. I already uploaded fixed version. You didn't even know this fact.

For cam or team number discussion is that we are trying to fix 'auto team selection' and 'texture displayed only in cockpit view' options on users system. If you read that discussion, you might understand what we are talking about.

Based on your posts, I think you also didn't know about dirt effect bug in race. If you were the author of MOD, how do you feel on post like yours? How do you respond to person who ask about test version but know nothing about test?

I was fully aware that it was for testing purposes but why running it on my system not be classed as testing? I was unaware that the tearoff key binding issue was fixed, I've only downloaded 1.3RC rev 32 as that was the latest download as far as I could see that didn't include having the camera debug stuff on screen.

I thought it might have something to do with that. I can tell you that the auto team selection works on my system as far as I can tell. Can't comment on the cockpit view thing because I only use cockpit view (I've only seen the visor appear out of place during a post race cut scene).

I was aware of the dirt effect bug and I changed the value in the settings.ini file as instructed by you.

I was fully aware that it was for testing purposes but why running it on my system not be classed as testing? I was unaware that the tearoff key binding issue was fixed, I've only downloaded 1.3RC rev 32 as that was the latest download as far as I could see that didn't include having the camera debug stuff on screen.

I thought it might have something to do with that. I can tell you that the auto team selection works on my system as far as I can tell. Can't comment on the cockpit view thing because I only use cockpit view (I've only seen the visor appear out of place during a post race cut scene).

I was aware of the dirt effect bug and I changed the value in the settings.ini file as instructed by you.
OK. I'm sorry for everything I wrote to respond you. I'm sorry to upset you. And I'm sorry for I expressed my feeling. I'm all wrong. I should not expect to users cooperation for developing MOD. I should expect users know everything. I should be as servant for users.

OK. I'm sorry for everything I wrote to respond you. I'm sorry to upset you. And I'm sorry for I expressed my feeling. I'm all wrong. I should not expect to users cooperation for developing MOD. I should expect users know everything. I should be as servant for users.

Look, I didn't get upset I was simply letting you know of what I was aware of.
I don't want to cause conflict with you, because I've seen what happens in the data logger thread.

I'll just stick with the version I have at the moment and wait for the proper release. No hard feelings.

Your problem is that you saved image as jpeg. Jpeg format has no alpha channel. You should save as png with alpha channel.
I tried but couldn't save it with alpha (can't select the alpha option) so I saved it as PNG without visor background. It works but it doesnt looks like there's a glass visor.

I tried but couldn't save it with alpha (can't select the alpha option) so I saved it as PNG without visor background. It works but it doesnt looks like there's a glass visor.

I don't see what the problem is. This is how Tommis visor looks. Did you edit the visor texture and add a glass overlay and now it's not working?

I don't see what the problem is. This is how Tommis visor looks. Did you edit the visor texture and add a glass overlay and now it's not working?
I did not added my own glass overlay. The one in the template doesn't looks transparent in game. I need to delete the glass overlay to make it playable so there's no background.

kenken Sorry it's a bit late, but I just tried the latest test DLL. I'm not sure if it's good news. I was unable to get the visor to show on any view. The home key didn't enable or disable it.

Here's the results:

2013-02-02_00003.jpg

Again, Windows 7 x64.

OK. Probably, this is final test dll, I hope. If nothing goes wrong, I'll release it after couple of days.
http://www.mediafire.com/?fbc19v1wvt32m1b
vlasovas, WillsB3 and Met_fan, please check this dll.

WINDOWS 8 x64
testing on windows 8, then I post the photos, but here is 100% functional, I'm testing car by car

EDIT : Screenshots all teams here http://www.mediafire.com/?r3eh53cew85jnrh
everything right, only the cockpit visor is OK, selection of teams working also, I not have changed the value that you recommended in the file. ini, then on the first lap yet very dirty, but I'll change the recommended value later.
will only be missing it, the problem is in commemoration of the visor appears they fall within heading of the race to finish in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, but nothing a finger on the button "home" does not resolve.

WINDOWS 7 x64

I entered two teams in windows 7 only, and I saw that the results are the same as windows 8, I got only these 2 screens because they think it would not be necessary
I changed the value in the ini file in windows 7 for 100, but it was not good, so I put the value at 60, in my opinion is good now

15g8rx3.jpg

2hz2y6u.jpg

question:
if you recreate this mod for F1 2013, when the codemasters launch, these data that you collected with these tests will serve in the future, or is it all from zero again? if yes serve, store them well!!

thanks for your efforts with this mod !!

sorry english

WINDOWS 8 x64
testing on windows 8, then I post the photos, but here is 100% functional, I'm testing car by car

EDIT : Screenshots all teams here http://www.mediafire.com/?r3eh53cew85jnrh
everything right, only the cockpit visor is OK, selection of teams working also, I not have changed the value that you recommended in the file. ini, then on the first lap yet very dirty, but I'll change the recommended value later.
will only be missing it, the problem is in commemoration of the visor appears they fall within heading of the race to finish in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, but nothing a finger on the button "home" does not resolve.

WINDOWS 7 x64

I entered two teams in windows 7 only, and I saw that the results are the same as windows 8, I got only these 2 screens because they think it would not be necessary
I changed the value in the ini file in windows 7 for 100, but it was not good, so I put the value at 60, in my opinion is good now

15g8rx3.jpg

2hz2y6u.jpg

question:
if you recreate this mod for F1 2013, when the codemasters launch, these data that you collected with these tests will serve in the future, or is it all from zero again? if yes serve, store them well!!

thanks for your efforts with this mod !!

sorry english
Thanks for your report.

I'm sorry but I can't reproduce 'home' key function. It works well for me. Perhaps, we wait for the others report.

For your question, we will have to do all over again. Present data are nothing to help. It's depend on exe. So if we got new patch now, we are forced to do it from the beginning.

Edit: Did HOME key work with version 1.2? Which gp you noticed that HOME key didn't work?
Edit2: I completely misinterpreted your words. Sorry to bother you.

kenken Here are the results of the test with the latest DLL.

2013-02-03_00003.jpg

2013-02-03_00004.jpg

It seems to be working great. Auto team selection works great now too. These are the only problems I know of now:

1) First lap dirtiness is very accentuated, as you already pointed out. I ran the test with the default ini settings so maybe I can use your suggested values to fix this?

2) The visor shows on the cut-scenes at the end of the race (Again a well known problem, I think this is what vlasovas was mentioning when he was talking about pressing "home" to manually disable the visor on the cut-scenes

Did you also change the clear visor key to "N"? I might have missed a comment about that because my "/" no longer clears the visor. "N" works for me now.

kenken By the way I just remembered your question form the last page:

Thanks. I'm searching another memory address path. I'll upload new check dll, when it's done.
By the way, just curious. I didn't check all cam mod, but altering cam tag name is usual way for cam mod?

Yep, it is common for cam mods to use custom camera names. The game allows any name and the names are only used for pairing up views with their reverse (or "behind") equivalent.

kenken Here are the results of the test with the latest DLL.
A1: Set AccelFactor to 100 or less. vlasovas suggested 60.
A2: That's right. And he noticed HOME key didn't work at these scene. Did I misinterpret his words?
A3: tearoff key assign changed to 'N' because '/' key depends on keyboard type(localized). Both Met_fan and vlasovas were reported. You may find that posts in somewhere of the beginning of RC test discussion.
kenken
Yep, it is common for cam mods to use custom camera names. The game allows any name and the names are only used for pairing up views with their reverse (or "behind") equivalent.
I see. Thanks. In new cockpit view detection code(current implementation), cam name started with 'head-cam' should be recognized as cockpit view.

A1: Set AccelFactor to 100 or less. vlasovas suggested 60.
A2: That's right. And he noticed HOME key didn't work at these scene. Did I misinterpret his words?
A3: tearoff key assign changed to 'N' because '/' key depends on keyboard type(localized). Both Met_fan and vlasovas were reported. You may find that posts in somewhere of the beginning of RC test discussion.

I see. Thanks. In new cockpit view detection code(current implementation), cam name started with 'head-cam' should be recognized as cockpit view.

1): Yep, I'll try vlasovas suggested value
2): I think he meant that he just had to use the Home key to manually turn the visor off for the cut-scenes. That's all
3) Ah ok. Thats cool I just must have missed this part of the discussion :). N is great :)

Let me know if there's anything else you need a hand with testing or otherwise. What are your plans for the mod once this version is released. Will you stop development and move onto something else or do you want to add new ideas/improvements for this mod still?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 27 12.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 30 14.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 74 34.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 122 57.3%