Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
The codes give access to the bonus content, which isn't even needed for basic functionality of the core product, clearly something included for these who like/want to spend some extra time and explore for optional features, yet the guy has a nerve to complain about it, using the whole arsenal of soap opera, tear-jerking excuses involving his family. Seriously?

Now, if these codes prevented us from access to full layout, or from actual racing (somehow locked AI, or non-functional pitlane for example), then the complaint would be perfectly understandable. Otherwise....c'mon!

The codes give access to the bonus content, which isn't even needed for basic functionality of the core product, clearly something included for these who like/want to spend some extra time and explore for optional features, yet the guy has a nerve to complain about it, using the whole arsenal of soap opera, tear-jerking excuses involving his family. Seriously?

Now, if these codes prevented us from access to full layout, or from actual racing (somehow locked AI, or non-functional pitlane for example), then the complaint would be perfectly understandable. Otherwise....c'mon!

In all your soap opera tear jerking, did you donate as thanks towards the effort yet?

I did, and will gladly do so again in understanding of the effort and talent involved in bringing this project to completion - oh and I also noted the author isn't belly aching about my critique and praise of his work as much as you are, so that's all that counts in my mind.

Uhm, actually it is exactly the same, especially when you are donating in relation to content received versus charity donations.

??:unsure:??
Let's not mix two different things in trying to justify an opinion.
Donations gives you zero rights of any kind. It´s a gift. So is the free track you "received". If you got rights of any kind when you "received content", it´s not a donation you made.

Anyway, you can pm me if you want the codes or the locations.

Cheers

@dazzyb2k3 Sorry for off topic, but any chance of Barbagallo getting updated shaders and physics mesh?
I've been intending to revisit Barbagallo for ages but never quite found the time. A LOT has changed with AC since it was released and it's so long since i worked on it that I don't really have an idea how much work it would take to bring it upto scratch. My guess is more than you might think (that's usually the case :p).

If I find time during the winter months i'll have a play around to try and get a handle on what's feasible. If i can make a worthwhile update without a shedload of work then i'll do it but i don't really want to get into any significant amount of remedial work. I'd rather save my energy for whatever I work on next.

Last edited:
Boris, that's a great video. Between the weather/time of day setting and how you've mounted that free cam, it literally looks like a Go-Pro of real-life. What weather setting are you using there?

Thanks Burke. This is Kunos' Mid Clear weather (topuz likes to put that on the server all the time :p) and "gbw" filter from "Good and Bad weathers" graphics mod.
I had to do a slight change to Azimuth in Photo mode, cause the track was 'glowing' too much on the default sun position..

I know it's already been mentioned, but is there anything at all that can be done about the fences? It's really, really bad on the eyes. :(

Animation2.gif

I know it's already been mentioned, but is there anything at all that can be done about the fences? It's really, really bad on the eyes. :(

Animation2.gif
You mean the armco right?

Not really. It's all down to the crude way AC renders shadows. In order to give it a realistic appearance, the armco is fairly high poly (for armco anyway :p). Because of this it creates light and shadow which bounces off the other ridges of the metal. AC's shadowing is really poor in these kinds of situations and just flickers all over the place.

Short of making the armco a more simple 'flatter' object or disabling the shadows completely (which would make them look very odd under certain lighting conditions) there really is nothing we can do. It's one of the things that has bugged me about AC since the beginning.

Don't get all the hype for this mod. Apart from the gimmicks and length, it's pretty average. Certainly prefer Miseluk and Bridgehampton for their unique style, Rouen too.

Don't need to ramble all over the place or solve clues, just stick to a decent circuit would be enough,

This is a quality mod sure, but the latest Donington sets the new benchmark.

Don't get all the hype for this mod. Apart from the gimmicks and length, it's pretty average. Certainly prefer Miseluk and Bridgehampton for their unique style, Rouen too.

Don't need to ramble all over the place or solve clues, just stick to a decent circuit would be enough,

This is a quality mod sure, but the latest Donington sets the new benchmark.

You're entitled to your own opinion but I complete disagree with your last statement, at least until the immersion breaking graphics issues are addressed. Further to that, it's extrelemy bad etiquette to come into someones thread to tell them you prefer someone elses work - we really don't care what you prefer!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.