Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
You're entitled to your own opinion but I complete disagree with your last statement, at least until the immersion breaking graphics issues are addressed. Further to that, it's extrelemy bad etiquette to come into someones thread to tell them you prefer someone elses work - we really don't care what you prefer!

I am simply offering my opinion on the mod, I think it is overrated. There are other modded tracks of higher quality than VIR without the song and dance.

Giving my opinion on VIR now is "extremely bad etiquette" and you "really don't care what" I "prefer".

So unless I compliment the mod, my opinion is not to be presented here. Ok.

Hi just downloaded the tract to my computer after watching a report on you tube but cant get it to show in Assetto Corsa,I would love to try it it looks great what have done wrong,after downloading I loaded it to the game to no effect

hi thanks yes I already do that but they end up in the assetto corsa main file. Am I using the wrong transfer program to do transfers I currently use Winrar.I have to admit I have the same problem with transfering mods in all the other race sims I own.So I am doing some wrong somewhere thanks for you help

hi thanks yes I already do that but they end up in the assetto corsa main file. Am I using the wrong transfer program to do transfers I currently use Winrar.I have to admit I have the same problem with transfering mods in all the other race sims I own.So I am doing some wrong somewhere thanks for you help

You can choose 'extract here' in winrar, right click the rar file and choose 'extract here', and manually copy & paste the track folder to the dir michael posted.

Sorry if it sounds harsh but watch some basic file management tutorials online or something mate. This stuff can't be any easier then it is. Just extract the .rar or .zip files anywhere on your computer if that's easier to you. Then copy that folder in AC's folder. If there is just the track name folder, then put it directly in the AC's track folder.
If it has 'content' folder, then put it in the main AC folder..

The other night I was racing with a couple of mates and one lost it in one of the corners and ended up sticking to a wall and could get off. I wasn't near him at the time so I can't tell you where. It was the long course and also one of the tighter bends. One of the other guys that was near by gave him a nudge and him go loose but he hit managed to do it again a couple of laps further on and had to exit the race because he was stuck fast.
I love the track and haven't had his problem. But I thought I would post it as a FYI.

hey guys, since the grand east layout is currently in use on the "streetfight middleweight" server, i noticed a little bug. the pitstop graphics seem to be one pit off.

easier to explain with a picture!
IMbIMjp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IMbIMjp.jpg

not sure if this is specific to the grand east layout...

The other night I was racing with a couple of mates and one lost it in one of the corners and ended up sticking to a wall and could get off. I wasn't near him at the time so I can't tell you where. It was the long course and also one of the tighter bends. One of the other guys that was near by gave him a nudge and him go loose but he hit managed to do it again a couple of laps further on and had to exit the race because he was stuck fast.
I love the track and haven't had his problem. But I thought I would post it as a FYI.
Thanks Hotdog,
I did know about the 'sticky fence' issue. I tried to go through and fix them all with the 1.1 update but there's so much fencing that i don't doubt i missed some. Shame you don't know exactly where it was as that would have made my life easier but i'll have a quick scan through and see if i can find it.

Have been busy with work lately so haven't had any time to play with the track recently but i have a few little tweaks that would probably warrant another update shortly.

hey guys, since the grand east layout is currently in use on the "streetfight middleweight" server, i noticed a little bug. the pitstop graphics seem to be one pit off.

easier to explain with a picture!
IMbIMjp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IMbIMjp.jpg

not sure if this is specific to the grand east layout...

Thanks for the heads up, i'll check that out. I think the GE layout just uses the same pit layout as the Full layout. Something else for the next update :)

Have been busy with work lately so haven't had any time to play with the track recently but i have a few little tweaks that would probably warrant another update shortly
Thank you and your team for taking the time...and probably a lot of time...out of your normal life to create this track, absolutely fantastic work...true artists dedicated to their craft.

Well, after taking countless laps on the final and near-final versions of virtual VIR, I've had another real trackday. Friday I slapped some painter's tape on my Ford Fiesta ST company car, and took it to a HPDE trackday on the epic (and rarely used) Grand Course.

For a few days before, I drove the Abarth500 and Alfa Mito on Darren's Grand Course, since they are probably the closest things to my Fiesta. Friday morning I pulled out of the paddock and into the grid lane. The first thing I noticed is that I was totally calm on grid, none of the nervous jitters that I had experienced the first three times I had driven there. And on track, I immediately felt at home. I was ready for every turn, my lines were more often than not, correct, and I was very comfortable with the car near the limit of traction, trail braking and steering with the throttle. Instructor said I really knew the track well for someone who had only driven that section once, and a year ago. I told him I'd had a little digital practice. ;) He said it shows. At the last drive of the day, the sun was really bright and in our eyes at the top of the Patriot section, but I felt like I knew the track so well, that it was no problem to scan for the curbing and find the turns without being freaked out by low viz.

Being comfortable with the car and the track helped me focus on managing traffic and just having fun. They moved me out of the beginner group and now I can drive solo. He actually said I should look into eventually becoming an instructor myself, which I took as a huge compliment. I don't think it's a realistic goal for me right now with my hectic life, but maybe if I end up being able to drive a lot more, in a few years I'll look into it.

I wanted to add that turn 5a is probably my favorite. I stay left until the very end of the curbing between 5/5a, then head for the 5a apex while lifting. It's really off camber there, so the car goes into a nice 4-wheel drift, and when you're pointed down the Snake, give it a lot of gas and off you go, charging up to the esses.
I really love that Fiesta. It's not a great daily car for the roads I drive on, but it is an amazing little track toy. Very friendly for sporty driving.
619.jpg

Dude, I am so jealous. What an awesome day that must've been. That's great that you were able to drive on the Grand Course and how fantastic to have an instructor give you props. Congrats on getting to go and thanks for sharing the experience with the rest of us. :thumbsup:

PS: Seriously loving that painter's tape car number. :roflmao:

Well, after taking countless laps on the final and near-final versions of virtual VIR, I've had another real trackday. Friday I slapped some painter's tape on my Ford Fiesta ST company car, and took it to a HPDE trackday on the epic (and rarely used) Grand Course.

For a few days before, I drove the Abarth500 and Alfa Mito on Darren's Grand Course, since they are probably the closest things to my Fiesta. Friday morning I pulled out of the paddock and into the grid lane. The first thing I noticed is that I was totally calm on grid, none of the nervous jitters that I had experienced the first three times I had driven there. And on track, I immediately felt at home. I was ready for every turn, my lines were more often than not, correct, and I was very comfortable with the car near the limit of traction, trail braking and steering with the throttle. Instructor said I really knew the track well for someone who had only driven that section once, and a year ago. I told him I'd had a little digital practice. ;) He said it shows. At the last drive of the day, the sun was really bright and in our eyes at the top of the Patriot section, but I felt like I knew the track so well, that it was no problem to scan for the curbing and find the turns without being freaked out by low viz.

Being comfortable with the car and the track helped me focus on managing traffic and just having fun. They moved me out of the beginner group and now I can drive solo. He actually said I should look into eventually becoming an instructor myself, which I took as a huge compliment. I don't think it's a realistic goal for me right now with my hectic life, but maybe if I end up being able to drive a lot more, in a few years I'll look into it.

I wanted to add that turn 5a is probably my favorite. I stay left until the very end of the curbing between 5/5a, then head for the 5a apex while lifting. It's really off camber there, so the car goes into a nice 4-wheel drift, and when you're pointed down the Snake, give it a lot of gas and off you go, charging up to the esses.
I really love that Fiesta. It's not a great daily car for the roads I drive on, but it is an amazing little track toy. Very friendly for sporty driving.
View attachment 159647

Next time you should mount a GoPro on the dash so we can all enjoy the fun too ;)

This easily became my most favorite and played track of them all, layout being amazing to drive doesn't hurt it either, thanks again to all involved!

Are there maybe some updates planned, not that it needs them (it could stay this way and will still be among the top mod tracks ever), i was just curious.. :)

View attachment 159647
I hope no one from your company reads this forum... "Hey...Isn't that one of our fleet cars? Yeah. It is.... WTF?!" :roflmao: :laugh:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%