Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Greetings,

How you think Guys, what a well-deserved place "place" for this Track among all best we have - Top10 .. Top5.. probably Top3 or even 1-st ? Don't think it's so important, but it is a way to say how WELL it is done. Have hope to wait something new from this Team and about VIR future updates.
Thanks and.. Thanks!..

Thanks a lot for the update guys :) Looks Really really great now

OCD nitpicks :p relating to the VIP content:
Freeride, Kart and Paddock layouts didnt get the updates to ui_track.json
Freeride doesnt have a track map so looks kind of untidy in content manager

Thanks a lot for the update guys :) Looks Really really great now

OCD nitpicks :p relating to the VIP content:
Freeride, Kart and Paddock layouts didnt get the updates to ui_track.json
Freeride doesnt have a track map so looks kind of untidy in content manager
Thanks Chris. The jsons for those will be updated next time i have cause to rebuild them. As for the lack of a map in freeride - that's intentional to indicate there are no limits :p

Really, a rather brilliant gift to the community. Many thanks.

BTW,,, why not have the tyre wall by the oak tree a permanent and collidable feature, independent of the oak tree? There would be no online mismatches, then.

Really, a rather brilliant gift to the community. Many thanks.

BTW,,, why not have the tyre wall by the oak tree a permanent and collidable feature, independent of the oak tree? There would be no online mismatches, then.
I think Darren wants to keep the track as similar as the real counterpart as possible.

Please add Collidable. about turn distance board, an advertisement
I expect it

sgrat.gif

Please add Collidable. about turn distance board, an advertisement
I expect it
I'm not sure what you mean but if you are talking about the brake markers and advertising boards at the side of the track, they are non collidable for a reason.

Unless you want them completely solid like a concrete wall then the only way round this is to make them projectile objects. I experimented with this a lot but AC's implementation of dynamic objects is pretty crude. They were quite unpredictable and have the potential to cause massive CPU spikes or even lockups if they go screwy and/or get caught in some other piece of scenery.

In the end i decided it was much better to have them as visual only objects than either concrete blocks or potentially buggy projectile objects that could bring your PC to it's knees.

Was able to visit the actual track last week. Here's what the flag stand looks like currently, just in case that cool VIR banner happens to find its way into a future update. ;)

Flag stand banner.JPG

PS: Thanks again to you guys doing such amazing work on this. The v1.1 updates are great. Loving the new lighting and that awesome tree looks better than ever.

I'm not sure what you mean but if you are talking about the brake markers and advertising boards at the side of the track, they are non collidable for a reason.

Unless you want them completely solid like a concrete wall then the only way round this is to make them projectile objects. I experimented with this a lot but AC's implementation of dynamic objects is pretty crude. They were quite unpredictable and have the potential to cause massive CPU spikes or even lockups if they go screwy and/or get caught in some other piece of scenery.

In the end i decided it was much better to have them as visual only objects than either concrete blocks or potentially buggy projectile objects that could bring your PC to it's knees.
I am sorry in poor English
Thank you for detailed explanation
I understood it

PM me the codes please, I only got a couple hours a night to play.

That entirely defeats the purpose of the VIP content :O_o:

Oh well, I tried!

Dont spoil it for others please. I havent had the chance yet for example. Looked forward to that...until i saw your post, lol.

Uhm, why the big hoohah about these codes? Just share them already - so those of with a time budget can enjoy the actual race track.

And as for people fretting about posting a spoiler... doesn't this forum have spoiler tags?

Uhm, why the big hoohah about these codes? Just share them already - so those of with a time budget can enjoy the actual race track.
The big hoohah is that a considerable amount of time was spent including them, so it is only right to respect the modders wishes and not share them publicly. If you feel that you have to have them but shouldn't have to actually work for it (a common trait nowadays) then at least share them via PM.

And as for people fretting about posting a spoiler... doesn't this forum have spoiler tags?

the codes are on signs along the side of the track
hit the look left button once or twice it ain't that tough.
time budget WTF

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years