Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I hope no one from your company reads this forum... "Hey...Isn't that one of our fleet cars? Yeah. It is.... WTF?!" :roflmao: :laugh:
Ha ha! They know what I do. ;) But I'm still responsible for the car, and if it needs new brake pads or tires. You can still have plenty of fun on a track while being safe, and kind to the car.
I actually feel very safe on track. In the group I drive with, passing is only done with point-arounds. Driving smooth really saves your brakes and tires. And I didn't redline the car very often. Heck, there's not much point in redlining that grunty little turbo. Curbing is much easier on a car than pot-holes are. Though, I did see someone tank-slapper their car into the flagstand wall right in front of me, after we came out of B!tch on the first straight of the Patriot secton. :confused: (They were ok, car probably not.)

Ha ha! They know what I do. ;) But I'm still responsible for the car, and if it needs new brake pads or tires. You can still have plenty of fun on a track while being safe, and kind to the car.
I actually feel very safe on track. In the group I drive with, passing is only done with point-arounds. Driving smooth really saves your brakes and tires. And I didn't redline the car very often. Heck, there's not much point in redlining that grunty little turbo. Curbing is much easier on a car than pot-holes are. Though, I did see someone tank-slapper their car into the flagstand wall right in front of me, after we came out of B!tch on the first straight of the Patriot secton. :confused: (They were ok, car probably not.)
Awesome! I didn't know that they named that turn 'Bitch'. :roflmao: What a very appropriate name! That turn has caused me so many problems. :mad:

Does the PS4 version of Assetto Corsa have VIR, or is the mod just for the PC version? I am looking for a PS4 game that has a realistic version of VIR; I don't like iRacing mainly because I don't have the right hardware to run it efficiently.

There's an area of the track where you can get stuck. It's on the outside of the corner named Snake, specifically on the North layout. I didn't test on the other layouts. Two pictures showing the area are available at http://imgur.com/a/etmp2. First car is the RSR F3 mod car, the second is the Ferrari 488 GT3. I can provide a replay if you need it.

There isn't a chance you could get that fixed by the 19th? We would like to use it at ACRL for the race on the 19th, and can't if it's got this bug. We can shuffle the calendar around if need be, but would prefer not to.

Adding to this, Is there a possible solution to prevent people who go off in "South Bend" to shoot across the infield and get on track on the backstraight? Also, if you shoot across or get to a stop on that part of the grass, you get transported back to pits. Is that intentional or is that a bug?

Adding to this, Is there a possible solution to prevent people who go off in "South Bend" to shoot across the infield and get on track on the backstraight? Also, if you shoot across or get to a stop on that part of the grass, you get transported back to pits. Is that intentional or is that a bug?
If you stop and all 4 wheels are not touching the ground you will warp to pits. That may be possible since that grass area is a very low resolution mesh. Especially if you are in a very low car.

As for a wall yeah that ruined a league race a few weeks ago. A car went off and it the wall and lost all control input. The car drove all the way across that area and took out the leader as he was coming out of oak tree corner. Maybe an invisible wall there might work.

Last edited:
If you stop and all 4 wheels are not touching the ground you will warp to pits. That may be possible since that grass area is a very low resolution mesh. Especially if you are in a very low car.

As for a wall yeah that ruined a league race a few weeks ago. A car went off and it the wall and lost all control input. The car drove all the way across that area and took out the leader as he was coming out of oak tree corner. Maybe an invisible wall there might work.
I've experienced warping back to pits myself in the 911 GT3-R. I failed to brake because I carried too much speed through turn 9, almost ended up on the back straight, but whilst driving back to turn 10 and oak tree to not cut the track, I got warped back. I also saw someone else in a 911 Cup get warped back to pits.

Not much I can do about the warping back to pits thing. I hate that it exists but it's a Kunos 'feature' and not track related. It's not just about the four wheels off ground either, if you leave the track for any length of time it will also happen.

As for cutting accross from South bend - I'm not a fan of invisible walls but I'll have a think if there's something that can be done.

I can try to shoot for the 19th but no promises. I'm out of the country until the 10th and will have a lot of stuff to do when I get back. In all honesty, I wouldn't postpone the race for that one bug. The walls should be 99% water tight. What you see from that screenshot will be because I missed something in that one spot when went through checking all the walls. You could probably hit that exact same area 100 times and not get stuck again. Open wheelers seem to be much more prone for some reason....

I'm not saying there isn't an issue, but it's not a race showstopper imo.

Anyhow, I'll aim for a quick update and let you know the possibility when I get back home.

How about some VISIBLE walls then ?

You just can't let people cut the track and go unpunished.
Being warped to the pits is also not so great.

How about some VISIBLE walls then ?

You just can't let people cut the track and go unpunished.
Being warped to the pits is also not so great.
Do you mean people are intentionally cutting across the entire infield? If so, that is so pathetic.
Would it be possible to cut a new physics mesh that uses a [SURFACE_x] with FRICTION= set to something ridiculous? Maybe throw in a WAV=cheater.wav and have someone saying "I'm a cheater! I'm a cheater!" repeatedly on loop... :D :roflmao:
I've no doubt you guys will figure out a great way to fix this issue. ::sigh:: I just don't get some people...on consoles? eh, maybe..on PC? Shocking to me.

an alternative solution for those cutters, move the sector 2 nodes to a place where if they cut that infield they will not go thru the sector 2 nodes, they will not have their lap counted, so they will be a lap behind. this way you'll not ruin your track with invisible or visible barriers
It's not about people intentionally cutting the track, the problem is that people who make an error in the snake leading to turn 10, will get of the track and due to slippery grass, very high speed and downhill, you cannot stop in time before you enter the track again on the back straight.

Well, it's not exactly like that in real life.
Try in real life to cut the track, see what happens. :cautious:
Well, what if you try to Bugs Bunny everybody by yelling "Look over there!!" and then pointing in a direction that is opposite of where you're trying to cut the track?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%