Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
After some races:
Dillema http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889459508
no money cost appears and its -40 to performance it shouldnt be appear in season instead on preseason?
Choosed no and got the malus also in engine http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889459752

I think what you're trying to tell me is choosing the "nothing option" decreased engine Reliability by -40....

I added a bunch of these to both the season and pre-season as part of my on going dilemma overhaul. But I see several issues I must address as I continue to mod this file
  • I haven't set the "change in text" from other langues to english... As I've changed the description in english and haven't touched the other languages (I am using another dilemma as a base - so you're reading the original information, not what I've changed to english).
  • the -40 Reliability information didn't show up in the dilemma.... Seems like I need to add this information in the button for this type of dilemma
  • It's been applied to a spec part... (you have a lot of spec parts.... so I never realised it could be applied to spec parts) - so to combat that, I'm going to change the text to "We're having problems trying to fit the {Parts} to our chassis. Should be concentrait on Reliability, or keep get back the performance. yada yada yada." - this way it makes sense to have to deal with some dodgy spec parts.
  • I have made an error in the code and set the Reliability change to always hit the engine instead of the specified part... This is fixed in the new dll file 1.31b - fixed - uploaded a minute ago
:) I've made several variations of this type of dilemma. Including ones which give you "+Stats & -Money" "- Stats or -Money" or "+ performance vs + reliability"

The AI have obviously foresaw the rain and attempted a strategy that begins with wets. as it is raining soon.... I have no idea why they've done that. I am hoping it is nothing I did.

Not sure its a bug or its part of new balance mod
Part failure, got part failure http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889458780 i could go to garage and repair, after 14 laps got same part failure and get out, couldnt repair this time. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889459207

1. Where you involved in a collision? That now causes suspension damange (without retirement). This might be what has happened on the lap 14
2. If the suspension fails naturally... it only havs a 90% chance of causing you to retire. 10% that you can limp to the pits and repair. This might be whats happened on lap 14
3. Did you let the suspension hit 0? If so that probably caused your retiremment on lap 26
4. If you didn't let it hit zero... then you were victim of the new "random part failure" sytem

4 races done with 1.31a with a new team in GT2, some small weirdness to report:

1. Similar "String in database not yet translated" problem as already reported, but a different dilemma:
20170323203854_1.jpg

2. Got again the "do you want to hire your own driver for next season" -interview question, this time for my reserve pilot (who actually, because of an injury was one of my main pilots). Weirdness did not end there, the game showed me a pilot from rival team, who somehow was supposed to get the effect?
20170323221855_1.jpg 20170323221920_1.jpg

On to more suggestion-like category:

3. I believe there's a part component which gives +50% reliability and +35% red zone. Is that on purpose?
4. Creating own team with Stonewell as Investor seems pretty much impossible, at least in GT2. They have absolutely nothing going for them, and the amount of money you get in the beginning of the season means that you can't do ANYTHING during the first season, since there is no money for anything except the running costs. That is simply not fun, and definitely should not be the "mid" pressure option at least.
5. Could you increase the importance of right setups a tiny bit? 1 sec of difference between 0% and 100% seems ridiculous.

General remarks:

6. I like how the spins work now, they do occasionally cause a bit of an traffic jam, but I think they just spice things up!
7. Got one suspension damage from collision, worked fine for me, pitted to fix it and was able to finish the race.
8. That's probably just vanilla, but I did not have any major problems with the AI and the rain tyres. Couple of them went for risky gambits, but in general they were fine.
9. All in all my finishing positions ranged from 10 to 19, mostly falling into 14...17 region, so this seems fine.
10. Suffered no sudden part failures myself, but I believe AI got one. So far so good.

Last edited:
I took a look at the Interviews.txt and there indeed seems to be something hinky with that part, compared to 1.31a. Assuming FlamingRed is busy with work, I tried to do a hotfix (for my own use), but I can't test it myself atm... feel free to see if this works:

(link obsolete & removed)

Last edited:
Serious bug here, game stuck like this (question without answers) nothing that I can do, except exit game and load until I don't get this question.
View attachment 181101
That's annoying. Dunno how I managed that - though I fixed the interview with the latest patch (having got rid of the ", errors....). Looks like I've now messed it up in all sorts of ways...

Annoyingly, I was doing more tests with my game (created Interview question 5 set) and that worked fine.

What did I do wrong psycho? I won't see the file until Monday

If Psycho ps version worked, then great :) if not, then don't accept interviews for a could of days. Should be able to fix it Sunday night maybe,

If you're good with the AssentBundleExtactor.... you can download a previous version of my mod 1.2 or something. You can take the interviews.txt from that and insert it into the 1.31 ones. - that too should fix the issue.

Last edited:
There's some additional stuff in the middle of that bit, dunno if it was intentional...

1.31b says:
Code:
"Interviews","PostRaceInterview","Type = Question2;","MediaPerson","<gender^#2PlayerDriver=F>
And turning to {#2PlayerDriver:Name}, how do you think she got on?
</gender>
<gender^#2PlayerDriver=M>
And turning to {#2PlayerDriver:Name}, how do you think he got on?
</gender>
","PSG_10007048","Type = 2ndPlayerDriverThoughts;","","","","","","{InterviewSubject:Name} a fini la course {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition}e... Qu'en pensez-vous ?","{InterviewSubject:Name} ha terminato la gara al {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition} posto... Qual è la tua opinione al riguardo?","{InterviewSubject:Name} hat das Rennen auf dem {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition} Platz abgeschlossen. Was ist Ihre Meinung dazu?","{InterviewSubject:Name} acabó la carrera en {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition} posición. ¿Qué opinión te merece el resultado?","ia. Sou eu quem tomo as decisões esportivas.
</gender>
<gender^Chairman=M>
Ele deveria se ocupar com a diretoria. So"","{InterviewSubject:Name} eindigde in de race als {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition}… Wat vind je daarvan?","{InterviewSubject:Name} itt fejezte be a versenyt: {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition}… mit gondolsz erről?", {InterviewSubject:Name} kończy wyścig na {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition} miejscu... Co ty na to?","{InterviewSubject:Name} в итоге на {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition}-м месте… Что думаете?"
�Interviews ,�PostRaceInterview","Type = 2ndPlayerDriverThoughts;","Player","<gender^#2PlayerDriver=F>
It was a good race for {#2PlayerDriver:FirstName}… I'm proud of her.
</gender>
It was a good race for {#2PlayerDriver:FirstName}… I'm proud of him.
</gender>

in the older 1.31a the same bit is:
Code:
"Interviews","PostRaceInterview","Type = Question2;","MediaPerson","<gender^#2PlayerDriver=F>
And turning to {#2PlayerDriver:Name}, how do you think she got on?
</gender>
And turning to {#2PlayerDriver:Name}, how do you think he got on?
</gender>
","PSG_10007048","Type = 2ndPlayerDriverThoughts;","","","","","","{InterviewSubject:Name} a fini la course {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition}e... Qu'en pensez-vous ?","{InterviewSubject:Name} ha terminato la gara al {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition} posto... Qual è la tua opinione al riguardo?","{InterviewSubject:Name} hat das Rennen auf dem {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition} Platz abgeschlossen. Was ist Ihre Meinung dazu?","{InterviewSubject:Name} acabó la carrera en {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition} posición. ¿Qué opinión te merece el resultado?","{InterviewSubject:Name} terminou a corrida em {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition}... O que você tem a dizer sobre isso?","{InterviewSubject:Name} eindigde in de race als {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition}… Wat vind je daarvan?","{InterviewSubject:Name} itt fejezte be a versenyt: {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition}… mit gondolsz erről?","{InterviewSubject:Name} kończy wyścig na {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition} miejscu... Co ty na to?","{InterviewSubject:Name} в итоге на {InterviewSubject:LastRacePosition}-м месте… Что думаете?",
"Interviews","PostRaceInterview","Type = 2ndPlayerDriverThoughts;","Player","<gender^#2PlayerDriver=F>
It was a good race for {#2PlayerDriver:FirstName}… I'm proud of her.
</gender>
It was a good race for {#2PlayerDriver:FirstName}… I'm proud of him.
</gender>

So the whole bit starting with <gender^Chairman=M> seems to be new. I assumed this was the bit that isn't working and simply threw it away.

Edit: Now that I look at it again, there also seems to be a comma missing just before that part. I'll try and test later today if that's the problem, but not I'm not sure I have the time.

1.31a:
Code:
{InterviewSubject:FirstName} провел гонку крайне посредственно. Думаю, дело тут скорее в болиде.
</gender>"

1.31b:
Code:
{InterviewSubject:FirstName} провел гонку крайне посредственно. Думаю, дело тут скорее в болиде.
</gender>",

Last edited:
I added two more test versions to the dropbox folder
(link obsolete & removed)

test1 and test2 are my attempts to fix the bit, but there's also a version with the interview file stolen from 1.31a.

If anyone wants to do the legwork of actually testing if any of those versions work, that'd be cool. Don't know if one needs to start a new game for that change to apply?

Last edited:
1. Similar "String in database not yet translated" problem as already reported, but a different dilemma:
View attachment 181052
Found and extra ";" sign.
One more sign.jpg

2. Got again the "do you want to hire your own driver for next season" -interview question, this time for my reserve pilot (who actually, because of an injury was one of my main pilots). Weirdness did not end there, the game showed me a pilot from rival team, who somehow was supposed to get the effect?
View attachment 181053 View attachment 181054

It looks like that this problem happens because {InterviewSubject:Name} is used instead {Subject:Name}. And there are a lot of this differences. Since I don't know which ones are correct and which ones are wrong I didn't changed the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes