Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Yeah, extra commas will do lots of bad things....

I seriously recommend grabbing interviews.txt from 1.3b (not 1.31) and using that...

It will have a couple of minor issues, but as a temporary fix over the weekend, its best to go to a file version we know works.

I had no real interview problems with 1.31a when I tested that (at least nothing game stopping), so the asset file in my dropbox should be fine as a stopgap measure, if people don't want to mess around their files themselves.

Ah, I can see why one of the questions crashes.... There's a new restriction which I originally removed. This mean o e of the question sets doesn't have a 'default' to ask when nothing else applied. Causing a crash...

Which change s a separate issue to the Comma problem.

I have a 5 question set I was experimenting with which I know works (though q5 is the same kind of question but different subjects). At least I've tested it to hell so know or doesn't crash. Its also a nice teaser for things to come :) will upload Sunday night

Observed minor bugs in 1.31b

1. Targets for the season (1-1-2)

2. I think the calculation for the new part stat is wrong.

3. Vettel is in my team already. When I answer positive, I see a new personality trait added to Carlos Sainz. So I think the reported is referring to Sainz but the name is displayed as Vettel.

Attachments

• 20170324183623_1.jpg
    20170324183623_1.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 20170324185229_1.jpg
    20170324185229_1.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 20170324205157_1.jpg
    20170324205157_1.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 127
Hi everybody. Here is something odd. Never happened to me before in any other version of the game. In the setup screen before Race session, both my drivers start always with the 2nd set of tires and the first set of tires estimated laps are always 1 lap less then other tire sets. I didn't use them and there % is always 100. So what do you thing is wrong?

Weird Bug-1.jpg Weird Bug-2.jpg

Hi everybody. Here is something odd. Never happened to me before in any other version of the game. In the setup screen before Race session, both my drivers start always with the 2nd set of tires and the first set of tires estimated laps are always 1 lap less then other tire sets. I didn't use them and there % is always 100. So what do you thing is wrong?

View attachment 181303 View attachment 181304

That is an odd one... I wonder if it's a rounding issue... does it happen for every race?

so i just noticed something that makes no sense to me. i'm not a genius in math but the final score is wrong in my opinion. let me explain: we are placet 5th in team rankings
Hülkenberg 74% marketability
Palmer 85%
Team 61%
-----------------------------
220 (%) : 5=44% but somehow it says 13.. or 14 something... can't remember the exact number. anyhow it's way off. in result i have only a 1 star - rating. can someone elaborate on that... thx!

so i just noticed something that makes no sense to me. i'm not a genius in math but the final score is wrong in my opinion. let me explain: we are placet 5th in team rankings
Hülkenberg 74% marketability
Palmer 85%
Team 61%
-----------------------------
220 (%) : 5=44% but somehow it says 13.. or 14 something... can't remember the exact number. anyhow it's way off. in result i have only a 1 star - rating. can someone elaborate on that... thx!
Same here 60+17+96 1st place 173/1=173 but my rating is always one star i got 3 stars with a 100% and 70% market pilot.

Now 14,4
BC01C8F30DB4C774A3F4FE1C2977C03CD9BE1DCC

E1FE2875F7907EF3506CF54B80ED5BFD7C2B1A02

Is this the Marketability Formula?
View attachment 181372
Ah yes.... I got championship count not championship position. Must have been one click away from the right variable.
Also, never saw this before. Are they new or am I just unlucky never to get them?
View attachment 181373 View attachment 181374
Ah, I must have clicked championship count instead of championship position. Oops but an easy fix once I'm home.

I noticed getting s mail in this new patch. Never had that before :) must all be new. Wonder if we can add rewards to these messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes