Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Okey, I did change the 2 to a 0 and the 7 days to a 72 days in the dll file.
In Sponsors.txt is a Offer Timer column. Those are the ones that need to be changed to 0 right?

Crash Edit: Tried to start a new game but before reaching the Create Manager screen game crashed.

Last edited:
I assume you tried -72... which may make the game cry... or an error turning those 1s to 0s.... or just the 0s make things cry....

This is to be expected though... 90% of my attempts to modify the game ends with crashes and hours of fixing / testing / giving up and moving onto new areas,

I am looking at sponsor.txt right now and there is no column with only 1s.
2017-03-21 21_02_05-Greenshot.jpg 2017-03-21 21_02_12-Greenshot.jpg

So, what's in the 1.31 update anyway? I haven't been keeping up with all the updates. heh

Not too much really. All the stuff from the last Experimental version plus all the stuff I was working on while the beta patch was out: This probably won't be ready to upload until tomorrow or thursday though.

• Punctures occurring when low on tread (as opposed to 60 seconds after 0% tread left - which is pointless)
  • When exiting the pits, the tyres will be cooler then normal.
  • Change of start of Chairman season objectives.
  • tweak the way lockup/spins/crashes are calculated.
  • Tweaks on the Performance vs Critical Part ratios.
  • Dilemma and interview tweaks - including a minor dll tweak.
  • Tyre Temperature Matters (and not just the extremes),
    • Cold tyres will wear less then normal, but will also have less grip, increasing laptime.
    • Hot tyres will be all warm and rubbery so have more grip available, decreasing laptime.But they will also wear at an increased rate

Last edited:
Just noticed an interesting number to change in the dll...

global::GameStatsConstants.qualifyingThresholdForQ2 = 15;
global::GameStatsConstants.qualifyingThresholdForQ3 = 10;

Not planning on changing it but it might be a fun number to play with in your own games.

Packed all the assets bar the ones I am doing some final edits for.... and done about 50% of the dll tonight. Should have a 'finished' mod come the end of tomorrow - and then will probably 'fast run' a season to see if there are any lingering issues before uploading.

Last edited:
Version 1.31a is Live.

We should consider this a Beta build again. While farely stable, please report any problems and crashes. This will be the common routine for any updates to new Motorsport Manager Versions. It's very easy to make a tiny error in the recoding - and sometimes very hard to see it without mass testing.

I need feedback to fully balance the following areas

• Random Part Failures - over a season, if you're lucky you may never see this happen. Other seasons, you may see it twice. I need to know how often it occurs for you all over the course of several seasons. Have I made the % too low? Have I made it too high? Only feedback will really let me know.
  • SS and GT race performances - I have changed the "PerformancePoints:CriticalPartRank". Let me know if either series is too easy to get consistently really good results in really good cars (odd good results are fine). If you're getting podiums with a predator in season 1 or 2, then I need to adjust it.
  • Spinout and Lockup rates - This is a relatively blind adjustment by me. Have I made Lockups and Spins too numerous, or made it so that they never happen? (note I have made fitness and focus important so please consider this with regard to your driver - but If I've made it so there's never a lock up in WMC, then I may have made the 'strength' too 'strong'). Only feedback and multiple versions and tests will allow us to get the best balance here.
  • New Dilemmas - I need to know if they're spawning right. If there's a crash, imbalance, missing text or effects, let me know. (Dilemmas and Interviews are WIP - so expect numerous versions - all save comparable).
  • Hot tyre wear and cold tyre time loss - Brand new feature here so let me know if either effect is too overpowered (i.e, it's greatly superior to sit on really cold tyres as you don't lose enough time, and gain far to much tyre life). This is meant to be stategic gameplay element, not a "I always do this Static Optimal Strategy".
  • Interviews - I have removed my old "RacePositionVSExpectation" fix in the dll for the interivews. This is because the dev's actually coded this differently and I haven't fully tested the interviews without my fix. So... Do Post Race questions 1&2 work as expected (consider both your team's expectation and your drivers expectation - see if we can see which they're using - if either). Let me know if Questions 1&2 don't make sense in certain scenarios and I'll re-import my fix.
I am still looking for an Interview Question and Answer writer (flavor text only).

Last edited:
View attachment 180834
Blank dilemmas are never a good sign.
Also, a bunch of traits like bad eyesight and found religion run for ungodly lengths of time. I had to sack Andre Gomes because his bad eyesight went for 12,000 weeks!
Hmmmmmmm, very odd...investigating.

Edit: Okay.... Found the problem..... I'm apparently an idiot and removed every " from Dilemma.txt.... new files uploading now

Edit: Also found the issue with eyesights., A value got transfered to a date value Did you literally just start a new game? If so, i may suggest you restart :)

Thanks for testing and letting me know about these issues. :p There's always something with these after patch releases :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies