Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Basically you will release .txt files and not the assembly or resource files?
And we will use the 1.23 version of the game.

Yeah, I could have done this ages ago (releasing the resource.asset part of the mod) - they're mostly unchanged. Those the only major change in any of these is the 'race session' difficulty in single seater.txt

It's the changes in the assembly file which have to be adjusted each and every little update they have. They're the most time consuming part of the mod now, as reflexi editing is a time consuming pain - but they're also the most important in giving the AI help and the player disadvantages and thus, increasing the difficulty outside the race.

As far as I know, PlaySport are UK based, which makes them GMT.

@Beynasuh : I have just added my SingleSeaterDesignData to the Dropbox folder I linked you to the other day, so you can grab that from there now. I'm going to make my own thread this evening with the in depth changes.

Last edited:
I for one was talking with Brian yesterday about the fact we've never seen a fully wet race - and as such maybe we can change how the climate and the weather curbs work to add some interest to the weather system.
I've only played 2.2 seasons and I have seen a fully a wet race (iirc it was at the Black Sea circuit). Started on inters and had to come in for wets and the tracked remained soaked for most of the race. The rain stopped but the track was still damp/wet at the end.

I've only played 2.2 seasons and I have seen a fully a wet race (iirc it was at the Black Sea circuit). Started on inters and had to come in for wets and the tracked remained soaked for most of the race. The rain stopped but the track was still damp/wet at the end.
Its good to know its a possibility - I'll have a look at black see and see if i can see why it happened there but doesn't seem to happen elsewhere very much at all... :) I still don't believe I've ever seen it in some... 10 seasons or so.

I've had a full wet pactice/quali a few time and full wet race twice in 50+ seasons. was in Australia and Arden, not sure if the curve selection ties to climate, but it probably should. If you can find the curves and increase the variety, that would be awesome as they are very repetitive and really doesn't offer much opportunity to make some risky calls. I've only seen 1 curve that was steep enough to go slick-wet. Having a few that hover around the 50%-70% wet mark would make it interesting too, instead of all of them being slick-inters-wet-inters-slick. I'm trying to change the tyre data to provide a bit more variety that way, but haven't found a good balance yet.

Okay... so we have a new game coming Wednesday :) with DLC and a Design your own team feature. Safe to say I expect most people will want to build their own team (and as much as I love the idea of being fired or signing with new teams, I too am happy to get Flaming Red Racing going again (which is what I made in the mobile game). So I assume a lot of people will be abandoning current saves anyway and opting for that.

I obviously won't update the mod until that patch hits - and has a couple of days to see if anything is too broken. I still may poke out a couple of little 'test this change' file but I currently really recommend that you go to Brian's thread and check out his changes - which if are great will likely find their way into this mod.

No idea how much work the new patch and DLC will create for me - as it is suspected that there's new rules, new traits, and some new mechanics which may change the section of this mod (for example, if you create a team, are you the chairman? Is money handled differenlty if you don't get chairman payments for a team which you own? Do you create your team at the start of the game or can you create one mod save? Will I have to balance the GT series separately to the Open Wheel series, or is it basically a model swap?)

There's too many variables, so I don't want to speculate when the next version of the mod Will be ready to come out. I am hoping once it's out (and maybe hotfixed anything) we'll be stable for a few weeks - until they prepare their next big surprise (or move onto the next game - which I assume such a decision will be based off of sales of the DLC).

I would sprosit- whether your mod updated after the next patch 22 February or March? Your best fashion. The game is very easy and I after 5 seasons was not fun to play, when I became the champion. And with the aid of your mod I did not become a champion, even after more than 12 seasons.

:) another couple of days wait... I am working all Friday and Saturday :) so be sure to reply back and let me know of your experiences, and any mod conflicts you may expect (I.e., no longer needing my interview fix, money has been rebalanced so I shouldn't increase developcosts so much, etc etc). When I come look at it proper on Sunday night, it'll give me a few areas to concentration on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes