Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
IIRC Component wear refers to base part Red Zone and Part Stability is base part Reliability correct? Whereas Performance Efficiency modifies part Base stat and Improvability modifies part Max stat? Would it be possible to add tooltips on "hover" to further expand on each chasis makeup?

IIRC Component wear refers to base part Red Zone and Part Stability is base part Reliability correct? Whereas Performance Efficiency modifies part Base stat and Improvability modifies part Max stat? Would it be possible to add tooltips on "hover" to further expand on each chasis makeup?

• Tyre Wear to become "Component Wear"
    This will now effect the base RedZone (vanilla 20%) when developing parts. It will go from having 30% Redzone (0* Chassis) to 10% Redzone (5* Chassis)
  • Heat Management to become "Vehicle Stability"
    This will now effect the base Reliability (vanilla 40%) when developing parts. It will go from having 20% Reliability (0* Chassis) to 60% Reliability (5* Chassis)
  • Fuel Efficiency is to become "Performance Efficiency"
    This will raise the BaseStat when developing a new part. This ranges from +0 (0* Chassis) to a +25 (5* Chassis)
  • Improvability becomes "Improvability"
    This does the same thing that it does originally, just better. By default, it increased the max performance (0-20) of a newly created part. This has now been increased to 0-50.
I'd have loved to have added these as tooltips to explain, but as the tooltips don't exist, I simply can't add them. Not seen a way of doing it at all.

Hi everyone hope you all are well.

Nice work TheFlamingRed, it looks good.

For the non-dry races I saw this on steam Weather report problem. Could that be the problem behind the extreme Tyre changes.

This is a newly caused issue... would have thought they'd fix it by now. If I knew the beta was staying out this long, I'd have updated the mod.

• Tyre Wear to become "Component Wear"
    This will now effect the base RedZone (vanilla 20%) when developing parts. It will go from having 30% Redzone (0* Chassis) to 10% Redzone (5* Chassis)
  • Heat Management to become "Vehicle Stability"
    This will now effect the base Reliability (vanilla 40%) when developing parts. It will go from having 20% Reliability (0* Chassis) to 60% Reliability (5* Chassis)
  • Fuel Efficiency is to become "Performance Efficiency"
    This will raise the BaseStat when developing a new part. This ranges from +0 (0* Chassis) to a +25 (5* Chassis)
  • Improvability becomes "Improvability"
    This does the same thing that it does originally, just better. By default, it increased the max performance (0-20) of a newly created part. This has now been increased to 0-50.
I'd have loved to have added these as tooltips to explain, but as the tooltips don't exist, I simply can't add them. Not seen a way of doing it at all.

This is a newly caused issue... would have thought they'd fix it by now. If I knew the beta was staying out this long, I'd have updated the mod.

I've found in the beta, that it is much better but seems AI goes on wrong tyres earlier or later trying to risk it but no multiple stops

Thing is, PlaySport have something to announce this weekend, so it might even be prudent to wait for that. Pretty sure TFR doesn't want have to do an update, just to need another in a weeks time.

(also gives me time to mess about with some tyre tweaks to try with the mod later :D )

Last edited:
Thanks, that is really a great work. Now we need only FlamingRed's new mod and the game is nearly perfect (just some bugs if the devs don't fix them with a hotfix). I tried a few races since 1.23 is out, immediately quit the game. Didn't touch the game since. Can't play it without FlamingRed's mod.

Sorry, I re-read my post and I wasn't very clear. There ARE tooltips on the car design screen, they explain what each of the parts do, just not what each of the star categories do. Like Zero said, I think it would be a good idea to change those 4 in the tutorial txt for clarity. I know what they do now, but had to refer to the webpage a few times to make sure I was making the right choices early on.

Sorry, I re-read my post and I wasn't very clear. There ARE tooltips on the car design screen, they explain what each of the parts do, just not what each of the star categories do. Like Zero said, I think it would be a good idea to change those 4 in the tutorial txt for clarity. I know what they do now, but had to refer to the webpage a few times to make sure I was making the right choices early on.

Ah, can someone grab me some text they use in the tool tip (word for word - or screenshot it) so I can locate where it is and edit it. I don't think I have a pre-season save handy at the moment.

Those descriptions are located in the Tutorials txt from the assets, line 8036 onwards

"Tutorial","Suppliers","","HUDText","Your fuel supplier will impact how fuel efficient your car will be. The better your fuel efficiency, the further you will be able to push your car in races.","PSG_10010296"
"Tutorial","Suppliers","","HUDText","The engine is the most important (and most expensive) part of your new car. Engines impact fuel efficiency and car improvability.","PSG_10010297"
"Tutorial","Suppliers","","HUDText","Your material supplier impacts the car's tyre wear and tyre heating, with a focus on the wear rate. Better chassis materials will mean your tyres last for longer in races."
"Tutorial","Suppliers","","HUDText","Your brake manufacturer impacts the car's tyre wear and tyre heating, with a focus on the tyres' heating. Having a better brake supplier will mean your tyres' heating will be more consistent."

Those descriptions are located in the Tutorials txt from the assets, line 8036 onwards

"Tutorial","Suppliers","","HUDText","Your fuel supplier will impact how fuel efficient your car will be. The better your fuel efficiency, the further you will be able to push your car in races.","PSG_10010296"
"Tutorial","Suppliers","","HUDText","The engine is the most important (and most expensive) part of your new car. Engines impact fuel efficiency and car improvability.","PSG_10010297"
"Tutorial","Suppliers","","HUDText","Your material supplier impacts the car's tyre wear and tyre heating, with a focus on the wear rate. Better chassis materials will mean your tyres last for longer in races."
"Tutorial","Suppliers","","HUDText","Your brake manufacturer impacts the car's tyre wear and tyre heating, with a focus on the tyres' heating. Having a better brake supplier will mean your tyres' heating will be more consistent."

Oh oops. I thought this was in the tutorial session only. I'll have a look and see what I can do.

Anyone got a screeenshot of the tooltip itself? So I can see the size if the hex and thusly, the word limit.

Could you perhaps put the information in an email from the team's designer that arrives before the chasis design phase?

Unlikely that I ou,d get it to spawn reliably.

Oh oops. I thought this was in the tutorial session only. I'll have a look and see what I can do.

Anyone got a screeenshot of the tooltip itself? So I can see the size if the hex and thusly, the word limit.

Unlikely that I ou,d get it to spawn reliably.

You could just edit the email that comes up prompting you to build the chassis for next year. Always spawns as it's the 'gate' to the chassis build and you have to answer it. I'm sure a brief description of each part could be done in Body1/Body2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 58 34.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 95 55.9%